Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Vet Malestrom Help needed :(

frownsyndromes
frownsyndromes
✭✭✭
ok so ive currently got 4 characters sitting at the final boss of the last stage in vma and it would be amazing to actually finish.

i have one issue only. (playing stamina nightblade) how the hell do people do the deadroths with stamina vigor doesnt cut it.. are you guys killing the deadroths before they breath fire or somthing? i can only do that if i have my ulti and its still pretty risky :( i mean im just hella confused hahah
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put volley and trap if you can, poison injection, incap strike and bloodthirst spam, it should die during or before his first fire breath. Incap strike is really fast to charge, keep it for each daedroth when you know there will be one.

If you really need to temper, block + vigor spam (with a 0,5 second delay between each, in order to get the second tick of the first vigor just before the first tick of the second vigor, effectively doubling your heals).
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well when I had that problem I kept my ult for when the first deadroth spawn to nuke him as fast as possible. But remember to look at the boss bc if he hits you with this ball that knocks you back you´re rip. After that normally you should get 3 yellow ghosts to explode before the next daedroth hits so use this downtime to kill it.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭
    ok cool next question should i swap out ffrom usuing my 2h and bow setup that i have been using and change to dw/bow keep in mind my maul is gold but my dual weild is oonly purple?
    xblackroxe wrote: »
    Well when I had that problem I kept my ult for when the first deadroth spawn to nuke him as fast as possible. But remember to look at the boss bc if he hits you with this ball that knocks you back you´re rip. After that normally you should get 3 yellow ghosts to explode before the next daedroth hits so use this downtime to kill it.

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people deal with (at most) two deadroths: one in the beginning and one in the final phase.
    the first one can be ultied - and if your equip or cp are not maxed, can be supported by using the damage seal. depending on your damage you'll have to block/dodge a heavy bolt form the boss while you kill it.
    the final one spawns exactly when 3 golden ghosts appeard and can be dps'ed while stunned.

if they breath fire, use vigor once and keep your damage up. you want to kill it quickly enough because that will make the dot stop. never try to outheal a deadroth and don't take your time fighting them.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok cool next question should i swap out ffrom usuing my 2h and bow setup that i have been using and change to dw/bow keep in mind my maul is gold but my dual weild is oonly purple?

Well you should have DW on frontbar for sure. Rapid Strikes is just the better dps ability than WB/Dizzying Swing. But I would strongly suggest to make those weapons gold too. At least the one you pu in your mainhaind as the offhand goldweapon is only a 30-40 WD difference from purple.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭

Well you should have DW on frontbar for sure. Rapid Strikes is just the better dps ability than WB/Dizzying Swing. But I would strongly suggest to make those weapons gold too. At least the one you pu in your mainhaind as the offhand goldweapon is only a 30-40 WD difference from purple.

yeah im just running my pvp setup so i wasnt usuing dual weild was just animation cancelling suprise attack with light attacks
  • frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭

yeah im just running my pvp setup so i wasnt usuing dual weild was just animation cancelling suprise attack with light attacks

so do i get the healing morph of rapid strikes?
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the final boss, you can also follow this pattern :
    - apply dots and immediately use incap strike on the boss when it spawn, block his heavy skull and hit him until he tp itself.
    - apply ground dot, interrupt, spam him, be cautious of his probable red circle around him if you are too close.
    - the daedroth spawn on your already applied ground dot effect, use incap strike and nuke him (be REALLY cautious about the red circle the boss can do, or the next skull after his teleportation).
    - phase the boss, do the upper part.
    From now, it depend of your dps. If you can drop the boss at 70% before or during the first daedroth's spawn, burst the boss and it should die when the second daedra spawn. If you don't have enough dps, take the gold ghost, keep your incap strike after the first ghost, kill the summoner and use the three-ghost synergy when the daedroth spawn (it should spawn at the same time the third ghost appears). Burst the daedroth, then focus on the boss.

Good luck :)
  • frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    For the final boss, you can also follow this pattern :
    - apply dots and immediately use incap strike on the boss when it spawn, block his heavy skull and hit him until he tp itself.
    - apply ground dot, interrupt, spam him, be cautious of his probable red circle around him if you are too close.
    - the daedroth spawn on your already applied ground dot effect, use incap strike and nuke him (be REALLY cautious about the red circle the boss can do, or the next skull after his teleportation).
    - phase the boss, do the upper part.
    From now, it depend of your dps. If you can drop the boss at 70% before or during the first daedroth's spawn, burst the boss and it should die when the second daedra spawn. If you don't have enough dps, take the gold ghost, keep your incap strike after the first ghost, kill the summoner and use the three-ghost synergy when the daedroth spawn (it should spawn at the same time the third ghost appears). Burst the daedroth, then focus on the boss.

Good luck :)

thanks guys just got him to 35 percent health :) but got *** but the deadroth becuase i missed a ghost hahah
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can circle the daedroths and they can't spin as fast as you can. Force boss to teleport, interrupt him immediately, then run over and kill the healer add quickly. Daedroth will spawn by boss, I throw volley on them, run over and hit a dawnbreaker, at this point the boss goes upstairs for me and I spin the daedroth in circles while dpsing.

Best advice for VMA. Walk away for a few minutes. You'll get frustrated after a few deaths. Once this happens you'll start rushing and screw up more, which leads to more frustration. So just walk away, take 5 or so, and then go back at it. Have a plan and don't try to rush it.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so do i get the healing morph of rapid strikes?

Oh yeah you are nb. Well no stay with Suprise attack i forgot you where a nb. But still DW gives you more damage.
    1 thing that could really help you is the other morph of veil of blades. It gives you 60% damage reduction as long as you stay inside. It doesn´t do damage though.

As for the daedroths the best way is to circle them all the time to try and not get hit by his firebreath.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last boss requires really good knowledge of the mechanics and order of execution of things..

And the only way to understand this is to repeatedly try and try and try this stage... After many many deaths you will get the to the crystal phase pretty much all the time.. After that you still start wipping at the crystal (getting thrown at the ground.)

For instance, you need to know when the boss will throw a skull at you, when you need to interrupt him, when a Crem Guard will spawn.

Here is what I do for this last boss:
    Phase 1 - Getting the boss down to 70% and taking care of the first Crematorial Guard.
    1. Apply all ground dots where the boss spawns (So in your case it should preferably be: Rearming Trap, Caltrops, Volley)
    2. Grab Sigil of power. (This will help in getting rid of possibly the hardest part of the fight as well as getting the boss down to 70%)
    3. Pre-charge my heavy attack so I can shoot the boss right when he spawns. (In your case I would Pre-charge a bow heavy attack => Poison Injection)
    4. DPS boss while dodge rolling his first skull
    5. Interrupt boss
    6. (optional) Hard CC the healer with a long duration CC such as Rune Cage (if possible..In your case I'm afraid it's not really possible, therefore I wouldn't bother with him unless he starts healing the boss, at this point you should try to interrupt him.)
    7. Right after interrupting the boss, lay down all your ground dots like in point 1, on the boss, essentially where the Guard will spawn.
    8. Heavy Attack + Poison Injection the guard, and go all out on him. (Technically the Guard should die when he starts doing his fire Breadth... If that's not the case, your DPS overall might be low.) WATCH for the boss red circles.. He will do a lich crystal.
    9. I usually have to dodge roll a skull attack right when the Guard dies.
    10. DPS boss until he drops to 70%.

Phase 2 - Killing Clannfear and Teleporting to the Crystal
    At this point, you still have the healer and will have a clannfear coming at you. I'm sure you already know what you need to do (kill him on the active portal). If you are too slow at the first Phase or this one, you will have a second Crem Guard spawning. This, is a sign that your are not doing enough DPS. Re-evaluate your build, rotation... You should be able to get to the Crystal Phase with having only killed 1 Guard.
    1. As soon as I see which portal is active, I lay all my ground ability (first step of Phase 1) on the portal and bring the clanfear on it.. He's easy to kill...
    2. Kill the healer before going up, otherwise he will be waiting for you once you drop down for the last phase of the fight. Killing him now, will make the end easier.
    3. Teleport up. (Have a look at your ressources at this point is mandatory, you cannot afford to be out of stamina or you are essentially dead.) Taking a potion the fraction of second before going up, or right after teleporting might be necessary. Do it! I use cheap potions throughout vMA, except this last boss where I use Tri-Stat Potion.

Phase 3 - Destroying the crystals
    1. (optional) take potion
    2. When spawning up there, drop all ground damage ability, like at point 1, ASAP, on first crystal.
    3. Light attack + Poison Injection
    4. WATCH FOR THE SKULL AND DODGE ROLL. Right after your light attack +Poison Inject, it's about the time the boss will be throwing a skull at you.. Dodge roll this (For this I usually take a tri-stat potion right after teleporting.

Something to know, even if you dodge roll too soon, there is a good chance you dodge the skull, as you essentially dodge everything for ~0.5 seconds after rolling. If by any chance you really rolled too soon, consider holding block if you have full health.

At this point it's a matter of DPS'ing the crystal fast enough... boss will do this explosion where you need to hide behind the wall..
      Starting from the moment you teleport up, the boss rotation is:
      1. Skull (dodge it)
      2. Explosion (get behind wall)
      3. Skull
      4. Skull
      5. Explosion (get behind wall) => This is about the time I destroy the 3rd crystal on good runs, but if you have the stamina to dodge roll his next 2 skull, you should be good to continue.. Just note that the wall will be ridiculously fast, next time.. You will need major expedition to follow it.
      6. Skull
      7. Skull
      8. Explosion (get behind wall)

Avoiding the red circles is actually a piece of cake after you get the feel for it.. Just remember to keep an eye on the boss.. After killing the boss a few times, you won't even need to look at him and will know the rhythm of the fight...

Remember, that you can always reset the boss rotation of this phase by jumping or getting thrown down. The downside of going down is you will have to fight the Clannfear and a Crem guard. It's imperative to kill the guard if you get hit by his Fire otherwise the damage will tick until the Guard is killed (even up there).

If I do fall from this stage, I run to the Defensive Sigil without any exception.

Also, each time he does his explosion the wall is going faster and faster. I usually manage to destroy the third Crystal right after his second explosion.

Make sure to try to keep all dots on the crystals, at all time.
      Also, you don't need to nuke the crystal one by one... You can DPS them separately... They don't heal themselves lol.

Make sure you move Towards the right, counter-clockwise when running for the wall (unless the wall is very near you on your left).. while continuing to DPS the crystal if possible. It will be easier to catch the walls.

Phase 4 - Summoners, a second guard and Finishing the boss
    This phase will be a pain, because you will lack knowledge and feel of this stage, since it takes a while to get comfortable to the point of getting here on a regular basis. But trust me here.. If you got here and you have decent DPS, this part is not hard.
    1. The first thing you will need to do is interrupt the boss or grab a defensive sigil (if close enough). If I manage to grab a defensive sigil, I don't interrupt the boss and go full Damage on him.
    2. You also will have a summoners spawning in the first seconds... He will inevitably walk to the middle to summon his thing...
    3. If you have a long duration cc here, it's a great place to use.. I personally put rune cage on him and I don't have to bother with him until the boss is dead.

If a guard spawn, I will make sure to kill him ASAP.

Grabbing the gold ghost will make it tremendously easier for you, if you don't have elite DPS.
    Normally, unless you were unlucky and the boss got a gold ghost, you should be picking your third gold ghost about when the guard appears.

Use that explosion as soon as possible and take care of the guard and summoner to give you time to focus on the boss.
    (Unless the boss is near death... Even then, I would probably advise the safest route)

Tip: you can save 2 gold ghost from the previous stage so that when you pick your first ghost versus the boss, you manage can do your explosion right away.

Other general tips:
    Respawn at the wayshrine : Take those precious second to reflect on why you died and adjust your strategy. Maybe watch a video of someone clearing this with your class.. See how he does it.

When starting to be too angry : Take a break.
    When it lags: Take a break.

Good luck, it's just a matter of repetition.. If you managed to get the boss to ~30%, you are close to clear this Arena.
    Your second run will be considerably easier.

If it can motivates you, here are my average deaths of my first 10 runs. :
    1st run : I died 250+ on that boss alone
    2nd run: I died 15-20 times (pretty much always getting to the last phase of the fight, just not being enough familiar with it)
    3rd - 10th run: One honest death in total, one voluntary because I had screwed my opening and wanted to reset and 3 from ridiculous lag.

Now I look at this fight, and I almost feel like I could do it with my eyes closes.. and I've only cleared vMA 10 times.
    I hate Round 3, 4, & 5 of Stage 5, way more than the last boss fight.

Edited by sluice on August 31, 2016 1:06PM
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability