The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone know...

ViridisVolpes
Do any of the Daedric princes acknowledge Sithis? I realise it's impossible to know the mind of the princes (especially Sheogorath), but have any made any reference?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is impossible to answer. First it implies we can confim what Sithis is or is not. We know Sithis is a representation of chaos, but that does not confirm it is an entity. Second, we have to assume to knoe what a Daedric prince could percieve
  • Chiba_Emi
    Chiba_Emi
    ✭✭
    Well the Dark Brotherhood or nightmother also worshipped Mephala, or said that Night mother is another form of Mephala so I'd say her? I mean I'm not 100% sure but lore-wise and uesp-wiki wise it sounds reasonable to me. But as mentioned above, it's impossible to answer since we don't know what Sithis is or is not.
    May the Three Bless you

Reyvyn Dulni - EP
    Chiba Emi - AD
    Lilith Gilvion - EP
  • ViridisVolpes
    Good answers, but the question was do any of the Daedric princes acknowledge Sithis? Have any made any reference? Have they ever mentioned his existence either to confirm or refute it? Sithis shows up in the khajiit creation story (he's space), but couldn't find anything from the Daedric princes. I'm pretty sure Sithis is(game-wise), as we see him (brotherhood quest), and the night mother (who talks to you in later games) seems certain on his existence. He question was not if he exists, but rather Do any of the Daedric princes acknowledge Sithis? :smiley:
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good answers, but the question was do any of the Daedric princes acknowledge Sithis? Have any made any reference? Have they ever mentioned his existence either to confirm or refute it? Sithis shows up in the khajiit creation story (he's space), but couldn't find anything from the Daedric princes. I'm pretty sure Sithis is(game-wise), as we see him (brotherhood quest), and the night mother (who talks to you in later games) seems certain on his existence. He question was not if he exists, but rather Do any of the Daedric princes acknowledge Sithis? :smiley:

There is no proof of Sithis that any PC has seen. The closest you get is the Wrath of Sithis ghostlike creatures. So we dont know what Sithis is or if Sithis even is.

No, nothing really States princes acknowledgements of Sithis, but they have little reason to with our interactions.

If Mephala is the Night Mother, her statement of Sithis is no evidence of his existence
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    To me it would seem that if there is an awareness of Sithis in Tamriel then the Daedric princes are aware of Sithis as well.

Maybe Sithis is acknowledged by the princes in ways we have yet to understand. Doesen’t Molag Bal at one point state that there is something far worse than his plane of existence? Could he have been referring to Sithis, or what he thinks of is Sithis.

PS: The Hist is aware of Sithis and acknowledges this...though they may not be a Daedric Prince. Sithis is nothingness to them I think. An end to existence? though I wonder how they would know this.. unless they are survivors of a previous song sung.:)

3ntsDi2.jpg

Edited by Eporem on August 26, 2016 2:24PM
  • ViridisVolpes
    Eporem wrote: »
    To me it would seem that if there is an awareness of Sithis in Tamriel then the Daedric princes are aware of Sithis as well.

Maybe Sithis is acknowledged by the princes in ways we have yet to understand. Doesen’t Molag Bal at one point state that there is something far worse than his plane of existence? Could he have been referring to Sithis, or what he thinks of is Sithis.

PS: The Hist is aware of Sithis and acknowledges this...though they may not be a Daedric Prince. Sithis is nothingness to them I think. An end to existence? though I wonder how they would know this.. unless they are survivors of a previous song sung.:)

Thank you wise scholar, the fact the Hist makes reference to Sithis is significant :smiley:
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe any Daedra nor Aedra would acknowledge Sithis as Sithis exists as within the Aurbis which contains everything that is and will be including Mundus, Oblivion, the Void and Aetherius. In fact, the Void is the realm of Sithis. He is more of an idea than a physical being
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50