The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag sorc Dps help

jakeedmundson
jakeedmundson
✭✭✭✭✭
Did the dps test the other day with my sorc.... didn't go well (1:45)

I'm basically using a rough version of the yolo wizard set up with a few changes because i don't have the gear.
Only using 1 kena (i can't sustain 2)
using willpower set jewelry
torugs pact swords
random sharpened inferno staff
Using all the same skills and (attemping) rotations.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-1-8-the-yolo-wizard-magicka-sorcerer-insane-burst-dps-pve-build/

around 42k magicka
3kish spellpower buffed
65% crit chance i think?

I'm fairly certain there is something i'm just doing wrong with rotations? or something little i'm missing?
I ran out of magicka about a minute into the fight... that seemed strange to me.

and i'll just say it before anyone else does... "get good"
CP690
Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
PS4 - DC
vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a nice build overall but me personally I dont like aoe or all aoe builds.
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a build like this (5 Julianos, 3 Willpower, 2 Torugs and 1 Kena) with a similar rotation. Here are the problems:

1) As you noticed, sustain sucks. The vast majority of ESO dungeons are not run with a helpful buddy casting Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit all the time like in those videos. Swapping Thief mundus for Atronach will (mostly) solve this problem. Be prepared to cast Elemental Drain yourself if necessary.

2) DPS never seems to add up in real life like in these "30K+" videos. Why not? Firstly, because nobody is casting War Horn, Combat Prayer or any other buffs in most PUGs or even guild runs. Secondly, most tanks move around quite a bit, which destroys your uptime on those AOE DOTs. Expect 20-22K if you are lucky.

Lower your expectations for Sorc DPS to 20K, and then try to improve from there. Anybody should be able to hit at least 18K with my build, in my opinion, assuming 80-90% uptime on DOTs.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well to start off, thats a build designed for overload and is not optimal for a normal rotation. Bis gear for a magicka sorc right now is 5 twice born star(or scathing) or julianos if you are not in a pve group that has a good uptime on raid buffs, 2 nerieneth, 3 infallible aether jewelry, a sharpened infallible staff and maelstrom staff on your backbar(willpower jewelry works too and if you dont have a maelstrom staff you can use a nonset sharpened staff)

As far as a rotation just make sure you have 100% uptime on your liquid lightning and fire blockade, then forcepulse weave to proc frags while applying curse on cooldown
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input!

I'll just have to work on timing the rotations with the sorc. Not having mal weapons hurts, i know... but i can't get myself to dedicate that kind of time to solo dungeon content :neutral:
    but i WILL be farming the crap out of vdsa when the update hits ps4... some of the master weapons aren't quite as good but they are better than a single non set piece that i'm using now.

@Emma_Overload - would switching to atronach kill dps? i would end up losing something like 17% crit chance but i do understand the sustain trade off... it just seems like a lot to lose!

@TotallyNotVos - i try to keep up the two aoe dots + boundless storm. My force pulse weaving is only on about 50% of the time... i keep missing the LA or MA and just end up casting force pulse only :neutral: Just jumping the gun on my animation cancel i think.
    Also, i will go back to nerieneth again and see if that helps out. I've also been reading that skoria made a little comeback? so maybe i'll try that one too.

Thanks again!
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lose something like 8% damage output by switching from Thief to Atronach, but nothing kills your DPS like running out of Magicka. Spamming full Heavy Attacks reduces your DPS to 8-10K per second, which will pull down your average.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE