Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best tank armor and healing armor

Wolfshead
Wolfshead
✭✭✭✭
I need you guys help :)

Me and my gf have just hit lvl 50 when my DK and her Templar im go to focus on tanking and she go to be focus 100% on healing so we are wonder which is best tank set and healing set
We both really appreciate any help and tips we get on which set is best one

Thank you all for your help :)
If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say that instead of looking for the "best" look for a decent set to learn mechanics and your role in end game content. because i can tell you to run tavs+bs+ebon but you wont know what i mean nor will you be able to get some of it unles you buy it. so for healing try to get a set of kagnernacs, seducer, or julianos and let that lead you into the better sets in the harder dungeons. for tanking try to have someone craft you armor master or alessias bulwark or something else tanky. but if you want to know for the future for tanking tavas blessing + bloodspawn 2pc + ebon/footman/any 5pc is pretty good for end game and for healing spell power cure + either Aether set or worm cult set (or if your struggling to get those because they drop in trials you can do spell pwer with a crafted 5pc)
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with BackFreckles' advice.

I am guessing these are your first characters? I would not focus on endgame gear at all until you have at least 160 Champion Points, especially for the Bind on Pickup items like monster sets. (By all means, do the Daily Undaunted dungeons! Just squirrel away your keys until you hit 160 Champion Points so the shoulders you receive when opening the chests will be max level).

Crafted gear is still great at level 50, even for veteran dungeons, and you can get away with it in normal Trials as well. Genuine veteran Trials runs is where you will want to have the best gear, and you won't be doing that until you have hundreds of Champion Points, so there is time yet.

For healing, the popular crafted sets to build around are:
    - Kagrenac's Hope (8 trait, Fighters Guild questline) - max magicka/magicka recovery/max health/spell damage & faster resurrection time
    - Law of Julianos (6 trait, Wrothgar) - spell crit/max magicka/spell crit/bigger spell damage boost
    - Magnus' Gift (4 trait, Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen) - max magicka/magicka recovery/spell damage/chance to negate spell cost
    - Seducer (3 trait, Grahtwoot/Stormhaven/Dashaan) - magicka recovery/max magicka/magicka recovery/reduced spell cost

Good additional secondary healing sets (for the remaining pieces after your five piece set):
    - Anything listed above, plus...
    - Torug's Pact (3 trait, Grahtwoot/Stormhaven/Dashaan) - Spell power/max health/spell resistance/reduce enchant cooldown
    - Eyes of Mara (8 trait, Mages Guild questline) - magicka recovery/max magicka/spell damage/reduce cost for restoration staff

While I have less experience with tanking, I do know the possible primary tanking sets are:
    - Armor Master (9 trait, Imperial City) - Max health/spell resistance/physical resistance/max health and resistances based on armor abilities
    - Hist Bark (4 trait, Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen) - physical resistance/health recovery/max health/chance to dodge when blocking
    - Trial by Fire (3 trait, Wrothgar) - Max health/spell resistance/healing taken/rotating elemental or poison resistance boost based on proccing attack
    - Tava's Favor (5 traits, Hew's Bane) - Max health/stamina recovery/magicka recovery/faster ultimate regen upon dodge
    - Alessia's Bulwark (5 traits, Malabal Tor/Alik'r Dessert/Eastmarch) - physical resistance/max health/physical resistance/damaged by melee has chance to temporarily reduce attacker's damage
    - Noble's Conquest (5 trait, Imperial City) - max health/max stamina/healing taken/interrupting increases damage to enemy and heals you

Good additional tanking sets (for remaining pieces)
    - Anything listed above, plus...
    - Death's Wind (2 trait, Auridon/Glenumbra/Stonefalls) - physical resistance/max health/max health/enemy knockback at low self health
    - Whitestrake's Retribution (4 traits, Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen) - max health/spell resistance/health recovery/shield at low health
    - Vampire's Kiss (5 traits, Malabal Tor/Alik'r Dessert/Eastmarch) - health recovery/max health/max magicka/killing an opponent heals you
    - Song of Lamae (5 traits, Malabal Tor/Alik'r Dessert/Eastmarch) - spell resistance/physical resistance/max health/deals damage and heals you when low health
    - Shalidor's Curse (8 traits, Mages Guild questline) - max health/healing taken/max health/gain health if attacking at low health
    - Orgnum's Scales (8 traits, Fighters Guild questline) - health recovery/max health/max health/increase health regeneration when low health

These are solid options, and many are considered "Best in Slot" for endgame gear in certain circumstances.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both for your help and ofc we take your advice about learn to tank and heal for end game to heart :)
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magic tanking is my thing, as is healing. Tanking I go 5 seducer's, 5 footman's, and two monster pieces.

Healing, I go 5 seducer, 5 healer, master's restoration staff or one light armor health bonus monster piece.

Hope that helps!
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a crafter's perspective, the most demanded tanking set is armor master. However, it's a 9 trait set and the crafting location is in Imperial City (a DLC area).

For a healer, the consensus used to be on Kagrenac's Hope, since it had a much more generous boost in reviving fallen allies (especially for templars). Now, the most desired is spell power cure (a drop set from White Gold Tower, a DLC dungeon that is really difficult).
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a few different sets for tanking depending on the build I'm trying to do and whether I'm a magicka or stam focused tank. I have a few of the sets and builds I use in this thread OP:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/281446/curras-how-to-tank-guide#latest

For healing I use willpower, kagernacs, engine guardian and Torug's Pact
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for input and i will keep mind all your tips and yes i would love to have/made both Armor Master and Kagrenac's Hope but sadly i dont have all the trait but it is gold to work towards :)

@Curragraigue

Nice like i will read up on what you are write a fast look at it look really good i just need sit down and read i will i promise i will :)
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Thank you all for input and i will keep mind all your tips and yes i would love to have/made both Armor Master and Kagrenac's Hope but sadly i dont have all the trait but it is gold to work towards :)

@Curragraigue

Nice like i will read up on what you are write a fast look at it look really good i just need sit down and read i will i promise i will :)

For healing, Seducer or Magnus with Torug's Pact mixed in is a really solid setup. It's not the absolute best available for a min/max healer, but it's a VERY solid setup, especially considering the sets take 4 or less traits.

For tanking, one of our guild tanks swears by Hist Bark, which is only 4 traits. He's CP501 and has been playing this game since release on PC, and Hist Bark is his favorite set. Speaking with my healer hat on, it's very easy to keep him alive with that setup, even in trials with some very heavy hitters; 20% dodge chance while blocking is nothing to sneeze at. As a crafter, Death's Wind is my most commonly requested secondary set for tanks, and that's only 2 traits.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • nk474
    nk474
    ✭✭
    I main a DK stamina tank running armor master 5 piece / allessia blessing / with endurance jewerly. Blood spawn to gain ultimate. The ultimate is basically a second tripot for a dk tank due to their passives. Just my 2c.