Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Add a Token System to vMA for the love of god!

LZH
LZH
✭✭✭✭
ZOS you need to either add a token system to vMA where after something like 5 runs with a terrible drop you can trade them in for something you actually can use. This is ridiculous. I did 4 runs today as well as got a weekly reward and 3 of my 5 weapons had decisive, 1 had powered, and the other had charged. Stop weighting certain traits heavier than others because it is pretty clear that you do. Sharpened NEVER drops. The ONLY reason I run vMA is to potentially outfit myself for veteran trials. Trials that you have made difficult enough that they almost require Maelstrom weapons with good traits.

Of my 30 weapons in the bank, the traits Decisive, Infused, Charged, and Defending make up for all but 5 weapons. I have 1 sharpened weapon, a restoration staff.

You would think that after 50 runs I would have a usable weapon. NOPE!

Is this really how you want the drops in the arena to be? Bad RNG makes me want to play less, not play more just so I can grind for more decisive weapons (by the way, this trait needs to go).

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This SERIOUSLY needs to be addressed. End-game content should be REWARDING. It shouldn't feel like an endless grind with no hope for a good drop.
Edited by LZH on August 8, 2016 5:01AM
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god.. not this again.. how about lets have a system where you do one run and you get all 84 vma weapons dropped for you?

No wait, then people would complain it takes too much space/time to clear them out.
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god.. not this again.. how about lets have a system where you do one run and you get all 84 vma weapons dropped for you?

No wait, then people would complain it takes too much space/time to clear them out.

this isn't an unreasonable request so no need to make an ass out of yourself...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭

I would accept a system where it would take 5-10 runs per weapon you would like. Meaning I would still have to do over 50 runs.

But it always has to be one extreme or the other, right?

Stop being an idiot. 1/96 is not a reasonable drop-rate for something that takes most people an hour to complete.

Edited by LZH on August 8, 2016 5:10AM
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say just allow them to be tradeable between players who have complete Vet MA already.That's way players who completed the content should be able to trade Weapons with them.
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 100+ threads regarding the subject, if zenimax listens to players, the token system would be live by now.
    They made their decision.. There will few more complainments about rng, 2 dudes saying they got the weapon they need on first time, then this thread will die like the rest
    PC EU

Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

I would accept a system where it would take 5-10 runs per weapon you would like. Meaning I would still have to do over 50 runs.

But it always has to be one extreme or the other, right?

Stop being an idiot. 1/96 is not a reasonable drop-rate for something that takes most people an hour to complete.

If they made a token system where 96 runs = 1 weapon of your choice, would you take it over the current system? I wouldn't.
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    I say just allow them to be tradeable between players who have complete Vet MA already.That's way players who completed the content should be able to trade Weapons with them.

Weapon trading would be cool. Although, most people probably stop running the arena once they get sharpened weapons because they are basically the only ones that are usable.

Honestly, the problem is less with the RNG and more with the fact that 7/9 traits are garbage. Precise is pretty good, but Sharpened is the king. The other traits need to be brought waaayyyyyy up.
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

But it has been done to death and obviously ZOS responded with 100% drop rate, what else do you want?
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    There are 100+ threads regarding the subject, if zenimax listens to players, the token system would be live by now.
    They made their decision.. There will few more complainments about rng, 2 dudes saying they got the weapon they need on first time, then this thread will die like the rest

Some people will get lucky sure but you are WAY more likely to not get lucky. I honestly don't even think the traits are evenly weighted. It sure as hell doesn't feel that way.
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭

But it has been done to death and obviously ZOS responded with 100% drop rate, what else do you want?

One of two things: I think we can all agree that the only traits people want on weapons are Sharpened and Precise. Why is that? Because they are the only good ones. So the trait system clearly needs a rework. The second thing they could do is add some kind of token system. I feel pretty let down when I do 10 straight runs and get nothing. With a token system I could get something usable every 5-10 runs, at least then I would feel like I am actually progressing in the time I play this game.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Weapon trading would be cool. Although, most people probably stop running the arena once they get sharpened weapons because they are basically the only ones that are usable.

Honestly, the problem is less with the RNG and more with the fact that 7/9 traits are garbage. Precise is pretty good, but Sharpened is the king. The other traits need to be brought waaayyyyyy up.
    True but I know many players who have ran the content and never got the weapon they want for example all my buddy want is a Inferno staff precise or sharpened and never gotten on but has mainly sharpened 2h weapons which I need I have a precise inferno staff.If we could trade our weapons and were both happy.I heard countless stories like this @Ch4mpTW for example never got a inferno staff but many sharpened 2h.

I agree with you they made the other weapons pretty much useless and than throw it on use to say F you guys.The made one of the best trait in the game useless nirn and when we gave them feedback they ignored us.Than they wonder why everyone hates getting nirn or prosperous drops.
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

One of two things: I think we can all agree that the only traits people want on weapons are Sharpened and Precise. Why is that? Because they are the only good ones. So the trait system clearly needs a rework. The second thing they could do is add some kind of token system. I feel pretty let down when I do 10 straight runs and get nothing. With a token system I could get something usable every 5-10 runs, at least then I would feel like I am actually progressing in the time I play this game.

Which is exactly why they need to have other traits to increase the repeatability of VMA, or revert back to the old precise/sharpen/defending traits only with 30% drop rate. Both works out to be around the same, however with new system you will at least have access to a weapon rather than getting absolutely nothing in the end.

If you ask for a token system, and If ZOS decides to implement it, I hope you do realise they have the right to set it at 20 runs per weapon, and mathematically you might be worse off than what we have now. And for the first 19 runs where you know you are putting time in but getting nothing out of it, how would you feel?

(Setting it at 20 run per weapon is not unrealistic, as majority of people would only want 4 or 5 weapons out of total pool of 84)
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭

Which is exactly why they need to have other traits to increase the repeatability of VMA, or revert back to the old precise/sharpen/defending traits only with 30% drop rate. Both works out to be around the same, however with new system you will at least have access to a weapon rather than getting absolutely nothing in the end.

If you ask for a token system, and If ZOS decides to implement it, I hope you do realise they have the right to set it at 20 runs per weapon, and mathematically you might be worse off than what we have now. And for the first 19 runs where you know you are putting time in but getting nothing out of it, how would you feel?

(Setting it at 20 run per weapon is not unrealistic, as majority of people would only want 4 or 5 weapons out of total pool of 84)

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. I want a path that leads to guaranteed rewards. I understand that ZOS can't give us everything in one go because that would be stupid. But how many times do they expect an average player to run vMA? They know everyone wants the same thing, sharpened weapons. With the current system it wouldn't be unrealistic to have to run the arena over 100 times to get what you are looking for. Is that fair?

Even if I got absolutely NOTHING, I would look forward to finishing the 5th or 10th run because at least I know I will be rewarded. With the current system I might get it on my first run (extremely unlikely), my 50th run, my 200th run, or I may just never get it. That is a terrible system if you ask me.

Repeatablity? The arena would have repeatability if they only had 4 traits with a 100% drop chance. How many runs and hours are they expecting out of this repetitive piece of content? I'm fairly fast at around 50 minutes but there are people both faster than me and the large majority that is slower or just can't complete it period. I can't even imagine how it would be for them.
    Edited by LZH on August 8, 2016 5:55AM
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNG on really hard content is pretty much unacceptable at this point in MMO gaming.
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. I want a path that leads to guaranteed rewards. I understand that ZOS can't give us everything in one go because that would be stupid. But how many times do they expect an average player to run vMA? They know everyone wants the same thing, sharpened weapons. With the current system it wouldn't be unrealistic to have to run the arena over 100 times to get what you are looking for. Is that fair?

Even if I got absolutely NOTHING, I would look forward to finishing the 5th or 10th run because at least I know I will be rewarded. With the current system I might get it on my first run (extremely unlikely), my 50th run, my 200th run, or I may just never get it. That is a terrible system if you ask me.

Ok let me break this down.

Lets say you ONLY want inferno sharpen staff, to get this you have 1 in 84 chance in our current system, assuming drops are distributed so every weapon/trait has exactly 1 in 84 chance.

You are doing 100 runs.

X ~ bin(1/84, 100)
    Pr(X >= 1) = 1 - (83/84)^100 = 69.8%
    Translation: You have 69.8% chance of getting 1 or more inferno sharpen with 100 runs.

But if you are happy with sharpen axe/dagger/bow and inferno sharpen, your chance of getting at least one of these is 99.2%.

What I am trying to say is if they are implementing a token system, they will use those probability to work out a number, the number you need to run to obtain a certain weapon, and when it happens it may well be worse than what we have now. Also you lose so much flexibility if you need so many other weapons for alts etc.
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dude get over it. Try doing it back when there was a 1 in 200 chance of getting a weapon. Seriously this is as good as it's going to get.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lets say you ONLY want inferno sharpen staff, to get this you have 1 in 84 chance in our current system, assuming drops are distributed so every weapon/trait has exactly 1 in 84 chance.

You are doing 100 runs.

X ~ bin(1/84, 100)
    Translation: You have 69.8% chance of getting 1 or more inferno sharpen with 100 runs.

But if you are happy with sharpen axe/dagger/bow and inferno sharpen, your chance of getting at least one of these is 99.2%.

What I am trying to say is if they are implementing a token system, they will use those probability to work out a number, the number you need to run to obtain a certain weapon, and when it happens it may well be worse than what we have now. Also you lose so much flexibility if you need so many other weapons for alts etc.

Ok but lets say you want just inferno, 3 in 10 people are still hunting for that elusive staff after 100 runs. Assuming 1 hour per run at 2 hours a day doing nothing but vMA that's still 50 days to get the one weapon.
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

You are doing 100 runs.

X ~ bin(1/84, 100)

Ok but lets say you want just inferno, 3 in 10 people are still hunting for that elusive staff after 100 runs. Assuming 1 hour per run at 2 hours a day doing nothing but vMA that's still 50 days to get the one weapon.

Unfortunately yes.

But during the process they may have received alot of other weapons which might be useful for their alts. Whereas if a token system is implemented and had it set at 1 weapon per 50 runs, after 100 runs they could have 2 inferno sharpens, but nothing else. If they are going for a stam build where they need dagger+axe+bow, there is no other option other than running it 150 times.

With current system even if you don't get them after 150 runs, you will at least get them in other traits, and they might be usable too (eg. precise or even infused traits).

If you want a token system with say 10 run per weapon, then that's essentially changing the probability of drops, thats like asking 3 weapon drops per run in the current system.
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    So what Im trying to say is, if we are keeping the probability the same, current system is better than token.
    Options
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    Fix the trait system. Changeable traits for a hefty price, I.E - 10 tempering alloys or 100,000 gold but definitely not crowns
    Options
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭

Dude get over it. Try doing it back when there was a 1 in 200 chance of getting a weapon. Seriously this is as good as it's going to get.

You mean pre-db? As far as Im concerned 5-6 of my friends had over 5 sharpened weapons in 30-40 runs pre-db. So idk what you're talking about.
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Better yet, add the ability to re-trait armor and weapons.
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what Im trying to say is, if we are keeping the probability the same, current system is better than token.

Some people may have to accept they won't ever get what they want. I want an infused bow but ain't dropping.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭

You aren't understanding. I would do 10 runs if I was guaranteed a sharpened inferno staff rather than have a 1/8 chance. I just want a pathway that actually leads to something rather than playing the odds.
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

You aren't understanding. I would do 10 runs if I was guaranteed a sharpened inferno staff rather than have a 1/8 chance. I just want a pathway that actually leads to something rather than playing the odds.

Ok, but would you do 300 runs for it? because that's the current probability of "guaranteed" inferno sharpen drop. (Its actually 98% chance with 300 runs)

If you are asking for 10 run per token, like I said before, you are essentially asking for an increase in drop rate. If you are asking for 300 runs per token, then you are worse off because of 299 weapons you could have received.
    Options
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »

Zenimax is listens to players, Just not the ones crying the highest.
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bahahahahahahahaha 10 runs!!! Try 500 and then you can go in the inferno trait raffle. Pft 10 runs...you make me laugh. Even the noobiest of noobs would grind it out for that.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    500 runs means 99.75% chance one will get at least one inferno sharpen, so yeah @stickybodyfluid there is your guarantee, treat that as your new token system and just assume 500 runs will get you your inferno sharpen, go and run it and let us know how you go.

Don't forget you will:
    1. most likely get it before 500 runs
    2. a lot of good weapons for stam classes along the way.

Now tell me if this is better than a token system where you run 500 times to guarentee a weapon?
    Edited by Minute_Waltz on August 8, 2016 9:01AM
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭

Bahahahahahahahaha 10 runs!!! Try 500 and then you can go in the inferno trait raffle. Pft 10 runs...you make me laugh. Even the noobiest of noobs would grind it out for that.

It was a hypothetical scenario, buddy. So running it 500 times makes you a good player? You are only worthy of an upgrade after 500 runs? Also, what is your point? If you are able to beat vMA 10 times why don't you deserve a reward? What more does it prove if you can beat it 18 million times other than the fact that you can grind repetitive content for hours on end? I've already got my flawless run, I've got top 100 all-time, can I have a tangible reward now? All I am trying to say is that I would rather put in a lot of hours knowing that there will be a payoff. Why is this so hard for people to understand?
    Edited by LZH on August 8, 2016 9:36AM
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    500 runs means 99.75% chance one will get at least one inferno sharpen, so yeah @stickybodyfluid there is your guarantee, treat that as your new token system and just assume 500 runs will get you your inferno sharpen, go and run it and let us know how you go.

Don't forget you will:
    1. most likely get it before 500 runs
    2. a lot of good weapons for stam classes along the way.

Now tell me if this is better than a token system where you run 500 times to guarentee a weapon?

Both of those systems sound absolutely horrible. 500 runs? What the hell.

Why do they have to keep the probability the same if they put a token system in? Would it be so bad if somebody got a guaranteed sharpened inferno staff after running the arena 10 times? 10 hours for a piece of gear isn't enough? Not to mention this is just for ONE weapon. There is at least 7 I want from vMA. 70 hours minimum of my playtime doing the same 9 arenas over and over and over again.

Just think if you applied your current thinking to the rest of the game. You can just keep using your white gear and white jewelry until the end of time. Maybe you will get a piece of green gear to drop eventually but you'll need to grind the story missions another 6700 times so you can have a 99.6848239% chance of getting it. Which means you'll probably be wearing max gear in about 5 years, if you're lucky that is. The game is fairly rewarding with loot early on and then when you hit end-game and specifically vMA you just hit a wall where you stop being rewarded for your hard work. All I'm asking is that the transition feel a little bit smoother. I would love to be able to get and use the vMA weapons that I want so I can actually start focusing on what I bought this game for in the first place, Veteran 12-man trials.
    Edited by LZH on August 8, 2016 9:46AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.