Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level 50, now what?

Snomase
Snomase
So i just hit level 50 on my mag sorc. No idea what to do next? I could work on the dlc, but i honestly have no idea what to do now? Or where to even put my champ points. Any help would be great.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could go do Cadwell's silver or gold, DLCs, pvp, dungeons, trials, Craglorn... lots of things, it depends what you like to do.

As for champion points, I don't know how many you have but for a mag sorc pve damage dealer I'd say roughly:

Thief
    Magician (Spell cost reduction) and Arcanist (regeneration).

Warrior
    I put points into gaining resistance to magic and the elements in the warrior; so hardy, elemental defender, and a little bit in spell shield.

Mage
    It's kind of going to depend on a lot of factors where your cp will go here (trait on staff, gear set etc.) but elemental expert, elfborn, spell erosion, thaumaturge, and staff expert are the only ones that are really useful for a mag sorc. I put the most points in elemental expert and elfborn on my sorcerer, and I wouldn't really put many in staff expert if any.

Looking at guides may help with more specific information, knowing me I've forgotten something :D.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has a ton of quests.
    There are a couple of different vanilla storylines in ESO, some of which you might have completed:
    • Main quest
    • Mages Guild story
    • Fighters Guild story
    • Aldmeri Dominion story
    • Daggerfall Covenant story
    • Ebonheart Pact story
    Each DLC zone also comes with a story of it's own.
    You will usually complete the main quest, the FG and MG stories, along with your Alliance story by the time you reach lvl 50.
    After you complete the main quest (defeat Molag Bal), you get the option to go to the so called "silver" and "gold" zones (zones from your opposing alliances). So that means you have 2 more alliances, each with 5 completely new zones to explore and do quests in, and enemies ranging from CP10 to CP160.

Doing quests is not obligatory though.
    You'll find that once you reach lvl 50, this is where the "massive multiplayer" part of this game kicks in.
    After lvl 50, you can do Veteran versions of dungeons (4 man group content), you gain access to a whole new group zone - Craglorn, with many group delves, 12 man trials and it's own storyline.

You won't stop progressing at lvl 50. Now you start earning Champion Points, and those will determine what gear you can wear (best gear is currently CP160). Maximum CP you can spend is currently 531, but you can earn up to 3600 Champion Points total.

Believe me when I say that reaching level 50 is nowhere near the end of the game.
    It is merely the beginning.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the feeling that the game starts after you reach level 50 :open_mouth:

• Snomase
    Snomase
    Wow that was all very helpful! I basically finished all the main story , and FG and MG. I want to work on the DLC. But i also want to try and get better gear, is that crafted only? (im working on leveling up Clothier atm) or is it doing the dungeons ?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your goals will vary of course, but this is my suggestion if it were me starting out again.

Get to level 50
    Get to 160 cp
    Run dungeons/pledges/trials and gear up with cp160 gear
    Work on maxing skill lines for Mages Guild, Fighter's Guild, Undaunted and Alliance War

For me, that's my endgame now. You sound like you enjoy the story and lore of the game a bit more so I'd suggest playing through the story of the DLC as well as the other alliance zones. That will probably get you to 160 champion points and at the point where you can start acquiring end game gear at the max level it drops at. There are some great crafted sets so it's worth leveling up your crafting and keep on top of your trait research. That's a long grind so best to start early.
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    Level 51!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snomase wrote: »
    Wow that was all very helpful! I basically finished all the main story , and FG and MG. I want to work on the DLC. But i also want to try and get better gear, is that crafted only? (im working on leveling up Clothier atm) or is it doing the dungeons ?

Some good gear is crafted, some is looted. I probably wouldn't use looted sets at your level because they can be awful to farm and you'll out-level them quickly, I'd just stick to crafted stuff until you hit cp160.

For a crafted set on a mag sorc, 5 piece Law of Julianos is a good set - you can make it at the Boreal Forge in Wrothgar if you know 6 traits on an item, if not you could ask someone to craft it for you (I can if you're PC/NA). For the rest of the gear Torug's Pact is good for more spell damage and a health boost, or Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift for more max magicka and sustain. For jewellery I just used whatever random jewellery I got from questing with the 'arcane' trait on it until I reached max level, at which point I used the Willpower set. If you can find a low level set of that you can use it, if not I survived with random jewellery with spell damage enchants.

By the time you hit cp160 there might be better gear options to farm/craft, but for now this should suffice :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."