Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Best" Gear for Magicka Templar

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
As DPS we are always trying to deal as much damage as possible and since now a lot of old sets got revamped after being re-scaled I was thinking what would be the "best" (non Maelstrom) setup for me.

Initially I thought about 5 Julianos, 4 Infallible Aether, 1 Molag Kena and 2 Torug's Pact or, at expense of some Spell Damage, 3 Willpower instead of 1 Molag Kena and 2 Torugs'.

However, being a Dunmer, someone told me a few days ago while in a trial, to get my hands in 5 pieces of Silks of the Sun and start using Valkyn Skoria again (which I stooped using in order to try a Molag Kena setup).

What would you say?
Edited by magnusthorek on August 5, 2016 7:52PM
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say it's part of the fun trying new builds. Why not be the first to do a comparison and post back here? Sure lots Templars would appreciate that.

I did here somewhere that Silks of the Sun took a little nerf and somewhere I heard that putting all points into thaumaturge rather than elemental increased the damage of a build like that but only slightly. See what you can come up with. See if @Nifty2g has heard anything, he's an expert, not me.
    PC EU
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's fun to test out build but it's very hard to defeat the RNG which, even "nerfed" it is now
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.