Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have never completed a white gold tower run

subtlezeroub17_ESO
subtlezeroub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I'm not lvl50 but I feel like this dungeon requires too much communication for PuGs when it is rare to find someone with a mic. Group usually ends up wiping 3 or 4 times and we all ditch the scene.

Edited by subtlezeroub17_ESO on August 2, 2016 5:26PM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?
    Normal mode WGT?

What role do you play?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Seriously?
    Normal mode WGT?

What role do you play?

I play a MagickaDPS DK, level 41.

Usually, what happens is that some or none of the others read up on the mechanics in a dungeon finder PuG and they all end up dying and then it's hard to coordinate (for example, pinions) when no one uses a mic and you really can't prepare because everyone's trying to rush.

After 3-4 deaths people then just quit lol. I am almost lvl50 and have completed every dungeon. Except WGT.

It kinda reminds of cata-era dungeons from WoW where organized guild groups were fine but dungeon finder became death. xD
    Edited by subtlezeroub17_ESO on August 2, 2016 5:45PM
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    Neither have I (or ICP) and I'm cp280! I've got put into random groups for it a few times but the groups always seem to have low level people in them and we just wipe.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a hard one if people don't know what they doing for sure, people just need to get on the Mic's. Its such a wicked tool im unsure why so many players avoid it and beg for Text Chat instead, crazy, If you ask me. But yeah I concur the dungeon is like half way between normal and vet if peeps don't know what they are doing.

Try joining a guild, running with a known group on comms makes huge difference
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a much easier dungeon when you can coordinate. Try running it with friends or guildmates who have voice communication if you're looking for an easier time in there.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... WGT and ICP are not your regular dungeons (along with the two new ones that just came out), and each of those dungeons have their own mechanics that are slowly introduced through the dungeon.

I am guessing you play on console?
    If I recall correctly, consoles will get text chat with the new DLC, so you can type the tactics of the dungeon to PUGs.

However, I really recommend you find a nice guild and ask the guildies to walk you through it.
    If you have trouble finishing it on normal mode, God help you in veteran.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Yeah... WGT and ICP are not your regular dungeons (along with the two new ones that just came out), and each of those dungeons have their own mechanics that are slowly introduced through the dungeon.

I am guessing you play on console?
    If I recall correctly, consoles will get text chat with the new DLC, so you can type the tactics of the dungeon to PUGs.

However, I really recommend you find a nice guild and ask the guildies to walk you through it.
    If you have trouble finishing it on normal mode, God help you in veteran.

Without a doubt, I will be doing veteran in guild groups only. When I find one. xD
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe this.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    EsoRecon wrote: »
    I can't believe this.

Well, I've now completed one since everyone in the group was using voice chat so we could coordinate. lol
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gratz - I completed it once with some guildies. We scaled it down using a lower level vet toon to lead and swippity swappity we had our maxed at the time charachters run it. Not a bad way to see how it all works. LOL - stil sporting my CP10 Kena Helm. I feel a little more confident to go back at it now.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.