Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Did the attributes of White Cap change?

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I wasted a couple of Whitecap recently trying to complete discovering traits following a popular Alchemy quick reference sheet. It seems White Cap's last attribute was Detect and not Lower Spell Crit (to be combined with Nirnroot). Is this a change that was introduced? If so it is a shame there are still quite a few sources saying it is lower spell crit floating around. It is also a shame there are not many charts around that include the new Dark Brotherhood materials like Nightshade and Glowbug Thorax etc. It seems strange if an attribute was changed but it might have helped balance things. White Cap seems to me to be the most rare core ingredient so any trait that can only be created from it would also be hard to produce. The charts I have seen show Nirnroot + Whitecap as the only way to create Lower Spell Crit meaning whitecap would be the only way to create it (and Nirnroot for that matter but Nirnroot is much easier to find).
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade

Best Answers

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, several reagent attributes have changed. That reminds me, i need to update my spreadsheet ...
    type.gif
    Answer ✓
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Lower Spell Crit or Lower Spell Power??
    But since the second Lower Spell Crit is now a treat of butterfly wings they probably changed something...
    Full lis found at: http://tamrielfoundry.com/crafting/alchemy/
    Answer ✓
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/alchemy.html#Atraits shows how to combine the reagents to gain knowledge of all traits after the change back in May that made your old reference inaccurate (the trait was changed with Dark Brotherhood).
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Answer ✓
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was changed in 2.4.0
    Alchemy
    Changed the fourth alchemical trait on White Cap from Lower Spell Crit to Detection, to avoid a quadruple effect match. This quadruple match was not supported by the system, and is no longer possible.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on August 2, 2016 10:14PM
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Answer ✓