Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to show completed quests?

NixiPixi
NixiPixi
✭✭
I am a player who likes to complete EVERY quest while I level and I can't seem to find a menu in the game that shows my completed quests? I know there are some achievements for doing certain quests but not a list of individual quests. I would like to compare this to a list of quests in the game so I can see if there are any I have missed and specifically go and do them. Does anyone know how I can do this and is it something that others would like to see implemented in the game?
Edited by NixiPixi on April 18, 2014 12:07PM
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Under achievement tab and Quests - in Journal?
    I lyke not this quill.
  • NixiPixi
    NixiPixi
    ✭✭
    Yes I know that...but for instance I am at 43/46 quests in Auridon and I have no idea which ones I have missed without riding around looking for them.
  • OZGODUSA
    OZGODUSA
    I'm not sure. What I do is track my quests in Microsoft Excel - I have the ones I haven't done yet and the ones I have completed. Might be a good idea to do the same.
    Edited by OZGODUSA on April 18, 2014 12:33PM
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they'll ever add a quest list to the achievements, since they deliberately scattered quests across the land to encourage exploration and discovery.

So you can know that you haven't done them all - if you want to know where those unfinished quests actually are, you will have to explore. Sometimes quests can even start by finding a book or an item in some off-the-beaten-path place like a side tunnel in a dungeon or some nook in the world. Explore. And be thorough. That's the only way.
  • NixiPixi
    NixiPixi
    ✭✭
    Ok, thanks for the comments :)
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    You can check here: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/

And look under Quests at the top, then filter by area. They have a list of names and some screenshots of the questgiver, so I can pretty much try and remember what I did and didn't do.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can not understand why theres not a "completed quest" tab in the game...?
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Well actually there is. It's on your map. Every filled out icon is a completed quest, and if you hover over it, it will give you a tooltip reminding you of what you did there.
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    NixiPixi wrote: »
    Yes I know that...but for instance I am at 43/46 quests in Auridon and I have no idea which ones I have missed without riding around looking for them.

Hmm... where are you looking?

I open Inventory, go to Journal, and on the Quests tab, it shows I am 8/25 in Greenshade

However, I have done more than 8 quests in this area , and when I count the total number of active quests I have across all areas, it is 8 (one guild, 7 greenshade)

So the first number is simply the number of quests you have in progress.

The second, I believed to just represent the maximum number of quests you're allowed to have open. However your number is higher than mine and i'm sure I've seen it higher than that too in different areas... therefore is this the remaining number of quests in the zone?

• NixiPixi
    NixiPixi
    ✭✭
    The total number is the amount of quests in the zone or the amount of quests you need to complete to get the achievement, so for Auridon you need to complete 46 quests to get the achievement.

Edited by NixiPixi on April 18, 2014 8:21PM
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    The total number is the amount of quests in the zone or the amount of quests you need to complete to get the achievement, so for Auridon you need to complete 46 quests to get the achievement.

Where in the UI do you find that number?

I can only see the 8/25, which means I have 8 active quests out of max possible of 25 - which is the same across all my characters, so i'm not looking in the same place as you obviously.

/sigh

I've gotten further behind again with quests.

At the start of the day I was level 25 with level 27 quests. Spent two hours grinding in an orc camp, got a 1000 gold repair bill and almost to 26. Did some quests, am now 27 but all my quests are level 30 and above. So I need to spend 6 hours grinding to catch up?
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Edit - ok I 've seen it now, under Achievements tab, quests, aldmeri dominion

I have the achievement for Auridon, but apparently i'm 4 quests short in Grahtwood, no idea how I've scoured the map over and over, all the black symbols have been turned to white.... unless perhaps they are instance ones. did Elden Hollow once, but it bugged and I didn't get any quests... will have another look there

For Greenshade i'm on 27/45
  • NixiPixi
    NixiPixi
    ✭✭

I have the achievement for Auridon, but apparently i'm 4 quests short in Grahtwood, no idea how I've scoured the map over and over, all the black symbols have been turned to white.... unless perhaps they are instance ones. did Elden Hollow once, but it bugged and I didn't get any quests... will have another look there

For Greenshade i'm on 27/45

Sounds like you could do with a 'completed quests' tab! It would be handy in some situations where you literally scoured everywhere and can't find the few that are left.
  • Cydramech
    Cydramech
    ✭✭
    I agree.

I hate not being able to know what quests I've completed for my characters. It would be a wonderful addition.
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Or better yet, something which tells you what % of your total XP came from Quest Completion, Exploration and Mob Kills. If these values fall outside the norm, it could offer handy tips like,

"You need to get out more"
    or
    "More violence required"
  • gabi_nelsonb16_ESO
    I would definitely like to have a "completed quests" log somewhere in the game!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a player who likes to complete EVERY quest while I level and I can't seem to find a menu in the game that shows my completed quests? I know there are some achievements for doing certain quests but not a list of individual quests. I would like to compare this to a list of quests in the game so I can see if there are any I have missed and specifically go and do them. Does anyone know how I can do this and is it something that others would like to see implemented in the game?

Interestingly enough, even after you've completed 'all quests' for the zone, we have gone back through certain areas and found additional quest givers, and thus additional quests...

Not sure if this was a bug, an oversight, new content slipped in, or if only certain quests are counted as zone quests and others are not...

@jesterstear‌, as mentioned above, unfortunately you cannot always go by the map icons as the indicator. They often slip questgivers in the grey area between normal routes of travel.

Use your compass as you traverse the land and look for the questgiver icon on it. Also, since quests are sometimes linked (completing one opens a new one), that may be the four you are missing.

This is a little more difficult to do in Grahtwood due to the terrain and the general lack of climbing gear, but it will at least get you in the general area.

A quick tour around the outer edge will often reveal what remains. Look at your map occasionally and see if there is a dark icon in your near vicinity when walking around. It will pull back the fog of war in your immediate area, but will not permanently place the icon on your map until you properly 'Discover' it.

Last suggestion...go have a beer or two...

Talk to all individuals in the local bars (icons always stay dark, as far as I can tell.), They will not show as quest givers explicitly, but will sometimes mark something new on your map!

Good luck!

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    After missing a quest that I never could find before leaving an area I installed Undiscovered which is an addon that can mark (with a little red x) "Quest Hubs, Dungeons, Dolmens, Wayshrines....." I believe you can set it to only reveal what you wish. Works great with SkyShards, LoreBooks and Harvest
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭

@jesterstear‌, as mentioned above, unfortunately you cannot always go by the map icons as the indicator. They often slip questgivers in the grey area between normal routes of travel.

Use your compass as you traverse the land and look for the questgiver icon on it. Also, since quests are sometimes linked (completing one opens a new one), that may be the four you are missing.

This is a little more difficult to do in Grahtwood due to the terrain and the general lack of climbing gear, but it will at least get you in the general area.

A quick tour around the outer edge will often reveal what remains. Look at your map occasionally and see if there is a dark icon in your near vicinity when walking around. It will pull back the fog of war in your immediate area, but will not permanently place the icon on your map until you properly 'Discover' it.

It's been a while since I wrote that, eh.

Since that time, I have been trying to hunt lorebooks, and installed the lorebook mod that puts icons on the map for undiscovered books. This caused me to find a load more quests, which surprised me. I'd deliberately taken a very haphazard approach to questing, not beelining and not focusing on one cluster, but running all over the map to grab quests first on my initial exploration of a new zone, then doing one quest at a time from each hub at different ends of the map, to force myself to criss cross the map as much as possible, and hopefully visit every accessible location.

Yet despite all of that running (which was good for my node harvesting , btw), despite my determination to explore, without the lorebook mod to show which areas of the map have been travelled and which have not, I was somehow allowing myself to be channelled into the same routes as I ran back and forth hoping to discover new areas, and missed whole valleys and villages .

I suppose the dominion zones are particularly bad for this, being heavily forested and covered in impassible ridge lines.
  • ctt13
    ctt13
    If you are not finding quests I have one suggestion for you. Look at a quest guide. If this fails look at your map and set a way point at something interesting. This has led me from 13 quests in Shadowfen to 40 quests complete. If all else fails, explore Cyrodiil. They have many quests for you to complete. Make sure to check your quests in the achievements panel. If you have not finished a zone completely, your probably doing it wrong. If for some reason this doesn't work, venture into higher level areas, this will reward you with more quests. (Side note: I am pretty sure that your exp will stay the same no matter how high level the quest is (so only do this as a last resort)).

EDIT: This post may be useless, but I decided to keep it anyway in case any new players just scroll down to the bottom.
    Edited by ctt13 on June 29, 2015 10:09PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is something to be implemented, it's going to take some work. The vast number of quests would be difficult to record, considering most areas have 30+ quests.

As for the 100%, well, it's going to take either an internet search (UESP is a fantastic resource) or manually tracking.

Just an FYI: not all quests are going to show up as a white icon. Those white icons are only supported by quests generally ending with a boss fight. Many are just fetch quests, and can be quite difficult to find.

Pay attention to other players in the game. Generally, you'll see some group in an area, which indicates a quest. Another tip is to check the "space" between white icons. There are tons of quests between them, which is how I stumble upon them as I search for ores and chests.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    On console it could be easier to click "RB" or "LB" (Xbox One control) to see a list of completed quest by order of completion. Like in Skyrim. Could be sorted by Alliance quests, story quests and other quests :)

What do you think?
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... Instead of looking throught "achievements" to only see the name of the quests completed, my idea was about showing that in the quests page and have a new tab for completed quests and be able to see each quests you did with the journal like "someone save me from blablabla, I need to explore..."
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    So that's my idea (for console UI) :
    1436928361-teso-quests.png
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    if on PC use the add-on Harvens Quest tracker it will show completed quests.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »

For PC : http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info580-HarvensQuestJournal.html

For console I'm waiting to see something coming.

Edited by Nic727 on July 15, 2015 3:43PM
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Many are just fetch quests, and can be quite difficult to find.

Fetch quests? Stop trying to make "fetch" happen, "fetch" is not going to happen!

But seriously, what is the definition of a "fetch quest"?

The last post on this topic was about a year ago. I don't know if the story is any better. I managed to get master explorer achievements for Glenumbra. In each zone of the Daggerfall Covenant I go through and make sure any remaining black markers are turned white. Even then request can remain.

I never seem to have achieved master explorer on Stormhaven in spite of going round and round it while harvesting. It is like a needle in a haystack not knowing what is left over without any hints. I can just imagine some random book or note in a table or random underground area being the start of some quest I have missed.

I envy the PC players who have the option of using add-ons to help. No add-ons available on the console versions unfortunately. I would really like to get the achievements for clearing out the areas but don't want to spend all my time scouring over and over.

Also, do the group dungeons count towards the master explorer achievements? They can be a pain if stuck waiting for a group with whom to complete them.

My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »

For PC : http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info580-HarvensQuestJournal.html

For console I'm waiting to see something coming.

I used this mod, it's very lore friendly journal. It also tracks your completed quest by location as category
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.