The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I have a dream that someday...

Fallen_Ray
Fallen_Ray
✭✭✭✭✭
While I'm playing I'll encounter people that want to actually enjoy the game as a group. Instead of skipping all the quest dialogue, including dungeons. I'll find a group of people that want to actually get into the lore of every quest. Understand why that boss in the dungeon is there and why it happened.

I'll find a group that will enjoy the dialogue and lore in each quest and understand why are we helping that npc instead of storming, rushing and skipping dialogue just to get a reward and move on. I completed most dungeons and still have no idea what happened, why it happened because the second i stop to actually listen to a NPC when the conversation is over the group of people I'm with is already ransacking the second boss.

Not the MMO experience I was hoping. Am I the only one that feels this way?

EDIT!!!!: Just to clarify, I've completed the main plot and both IC & Wrothgar including most dungeons with exception of craglorn (who wants go go there? none I know!!!) Reason why I insist its because my first dungeon runs were rushed I had to!! I was getting left behind all the time. Probably the people who ran with me already cleared it hundreds of times. Gladly join any lore *** guilds out there! I'm on PS4 NA =)
Edited by Fallen_Ray on August 1, 2016 2:55PM
"Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im sure you are not. i would recommend trying to find a guild that shares your ideas.
  • Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand your point. If you're not in a guild, find one. Let your guildies know you'd like to read dialogue. I'm sure you'll find a group that'll wait an extra 30seconds for you.
    Speaking for myself, I read the dialogues the first time I ever ran the quests and that was the last time. No need to keep reading the same thing more than one time
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
    CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the same . I like the story and going slow .
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I didn't have to skip the dungeon storylines, but I need to remember that I don't play by myself in them.

Else, I'd play through them at least once all the way, hearing all of the dialogue.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you get a likeminded group, or even just accepting guildies, you can sit through the story for a dungeon.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A boss attacks me as if I stole his sweetroll. I chop off his head. What is there to wonder about it?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the story, but after the 15th time doing that dungeon to grind out undaunted pledges the lore really lost its charm...
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I really liked the story, but after the 15th time doing that dungeon to grind out undaunted pledges the lore really lost its charm...

That's the thing you actually got to enjoy it most of my first runs have been a twister destryoing the entire place in less than 10 mins, with my party playing the twister part
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be you could solo these dungeons easily so you could experience the story... then ZOS made dungeons scale up with you and the average player can't solo them anymore :/

If ZOS added a "Solo Mode" like what SWTOR did for their "Flashpoints" it'd be nice, naturally with rewards approporiately reduced for solo vs group mode.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same bro
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, if you have the time to waste on a GAME, folks, can't you spare an extra 30 seconds to let your buddy hear the quest text?

Like, for real.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Haha referencing MLK most famous speech for a minor issue? That's tasteless. I love it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure you are not. i would recommend trying to find a guild that shares your ideas.

Exactly. Some of us old timers have seen the stories more than a few times but many have not. Find a good group you csn run with regularly and it'll be all good.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was nice, the first 3 times.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I agree.
    I started playing 2 or 3 months ago so everyone has already done all dungeon quests and stuff. I am part of a really nice pve guild but nobody ever cares about reading the quests. I quest in craglorn with a friend of mine who never reads the quests and always wants to just kill stuff.

Edit to add: I used to run past the dungeons because I was afraid about people leaving me behind for reading the quest (it takes like 10 seconds anyway...) but now I simply read the quest if I have one and they have to wait for me, I don't mind, it just takes an extra second.
    Edited by itehache on July 29, 2016 6:44PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fallen_Ray wrote: »
    While I'm playing I'll encounter people that want to actually enjoy the game as a group. Instead of skipping all the quest dialogue, including dungeons. I'll find a group of people that want to actually get into the lore of every quest. Understand why that boss in the dungeon is there and why it happened.

I'll find a group that will enjoy the dialogue and lore in each quest and understand why are we helping that npc instead of storming, rushing and skipping dialogue just to get a reward and move on. I completed most dungeons and still have no idea what happened, why it happened because the second i stop to actually listen to a NPC when the conversation is over the group of people I'm with is already ransacking the second boss.

Not the MMO experience I was hoping. Am I the only one that feels this way?

yup... agreed.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i took months to reach lv 50 because i enjoy reading quests and learning about lore. i never read books though, too much text can be too much XD. i definitely have to go bacl and read some more lore books though.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's largely what the single player games are for. MMOs are much more focused on character progression and cooperative combat (and getting to end-game).
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    That's largely what the single player games are for. MMOs are much more focused on character progression and cooperative combat (and getting to end-game).

But they do have a lore. A very Important part of a game is it's plot. This apply to online games as well. What would happen if a game had no plot and was only focused on character progression, coop and PvP? Well we have Titanfall and Star Wars Battlefront (DICE & EA's Version) as prime examples of how hollow a plot-less game is.

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I share in your sentiment. Unfortunately, I'd probably end up being the person that lets you down though, because there isn't dialogue in this game I haven't read or heard yet. Historically I've always been down to immerse and take time to appreciate all of the writing, art, etc. It's just that after doing it all so many times, there's not much point in stopping anymore.

I mean, I can recite pretty much all of vDSA in a perfectly imitated Hiath impression, I've done this stuff so much. I can also do a pretty decent Lord Warden. I hang out by the tavern in Wayrest sometimes if you wanna hear it :*
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to listen carefully to the dialogue with the first character doing this quest - so that I can decide, if I want to do the quest or not - but when I do them a second time, I might skip part or all of the dialogue. Not with all quests though, with some I like the voice acting that much, that I listen to the dialogue every time I do that quest.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually forming a guild to create just such a group! If you are on the PC NA megaserver, send a tell or mail to @Ffastyl. :)
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    I am actually forming a guild to create just such a group! If you are on the PC NA megaserver, send a tell or mail to @Ffastyl. :)

Im on ps4. Thanks for the invite though!
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry man :) There are a lot of people out there with the same ideals as you :) I'm sure you'll bump into them soon enough!

It's like an old saying goes:

"Finding your like across the vastness of humanity is like finding a pearl in a bed of oysters; ultimately tiring, but infinitely worth it."
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my defence, when you´re doing Crypt of Hearts for the 55+ time the lore ain´t that interesting anymore. But I get your point. The first time(s) I did the different dungeons in the game I took my time to read/listen to the story behind.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who is of competent skill that wants to also read the dialogue and talk during the dungeon run/raid is always welcome to with me. You can always look me up, I'm the same name on the PC NA servers as I am on the forums.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the weekends, I'd agree with you, but adults have stuff to do, so they need to do things in a hurry.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.