The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do so many people believe Comet is UNDODGEABLE? [SOLVED]

Omgwtfbbq321
Omgwtfbbq321
✭✭✭
Hi, during my time reading these forums and watching live streams on Twitch, I have come across many instances where people swear that Comet is undodgeable? It has such a following that I've been called a troll when trying to enlighten people that they can, in fact, dodge it.

The only thing I can think of, is maybe the PC/PS4 have different rules for this ultimate. I am on XBOX ONE NA and have no issues dodging them. Sure, heavy lag makes it difficult, but lag makes everything difficult.

Because of this, I have made a YouTube channel for the sole purpose of uploading a recording of the last comet I dodged.

Here it is, watch it as many times as you like. I will even make a montage of more comet dodging if necessary.
If there is a reason or situation when you can’t, (Outside of being CC'd as you cant do anything about any ability while CC'd(Well, maybe dodgeChance)) then I am happy to be educated on how this works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbKUlwTAU-k

Cheers :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. It appears that I am dodgerolling and blocking the Comet. Guess I didn't know my own strength. :D
Edited by Omgwtfbbq321 on August 1, 2016 2:21AM
My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you dodged it, what snared you?

rip decibel
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That commet hit you because you got snared. Did you have cc immunity? I would need to see more videos of it being dodged.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We really need a different color for damage shields on hp bar
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing I got a tick from the ground AOE since you can't dodgeRoll AOES. I have done this many times. It really isn't special at all.

I took no damage and did not get knocked down. No CC immunity before hand either.

If I must, I will continue to record the next couple I dodgeRoll and put them together in anothet YouTube upload. Might take a few days to get tho.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a very normal thing to do, I'm surprised at the scepticism. I do find people belive things before trying it though. Maybe some Admin can clear this up?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well dodge rolling does make you block for a while even after rolling
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe... I'm not sure I could have blocked the comet and still dodgeRolled. But you might be onto something.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe... I'm not sure I could have blocked the comet and still dodgeRolled. But you might be onto something.

That could be a possibility as well judging by your stamina you went from 10k to 1.7k after the dodge roll so they may have taken stamina from the block. I've tried to dodge meteor before with no success lol
    Edited by thankyourat on July 31, 2016 10:30AM
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    This is something I regularly argue with my friends about, they swear that it's dodgeable but everytime I've tried it never works, maybe it's just the lag (I live in New Zealand so minimum ~250ms lag) but no matter close to the impact I dodge, it hits me.
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your shields took damage. You also play console. You cannot avoid blocking for a second when you start rolling. You actually blocked it.

If you play console try it out, try to roll with some npcs attacking you, you will still block some of the damage instead of dodging it. You cant not block while roll dodging on console. It also stops stam regen which sucks :/
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 31, 2016 1:16PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't watched video, but here on PC EU last time I checked Comet ult was dodgeable(and ZOS' SCT proving it). Reported it several times.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2016 1:15PM
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Omgwtfbbq321 Yuu did not dodged the comet in this clip. Look at flytexts. There is green number of 7779 in bracket between 9th and 10th second , and values in brackets show how many dmg shield takes, so comet damaged You. Your shield tooked comet dmg and You was not knocked down because block You used before dodge roll was still working that's why You stamina go to from 10,4k to 3,3k after comet hit while You dodging and then from 3,3k to 1,7k after because You still blocking the comet DoT . Game still count You like You would hold block. So You didn not proved in this vid that comet is dodgable but You proved that there is something broken in block. I think I'll make a new thread about it :smile:
    Edited by juhasman on July 31, 2016 1:57PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @juhasman

I just wanted to point out this is strictly a console problem. We have bash/roll dodge and ultimate's all tied to the blocking button. So whenever we do one of these actions, we stop are stamina regen.

Please do make a thread about it. I will for sure post there about the grief it causes stamina and magicka users.

The worst part, if you go to roll dodge, you can end up blocking tons projectiles right before you roll dodge and drain massive amounts of stamina instead of just dodging those attacks. It really sucks.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 31, 2016 2:26PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    @juhasman

I just wanted to point out this is strictly a console problem. We have bash/roll dodge and ultimate's all tied to the blocking button. So whenever we do one of these actions, we stop are stamina regen.

Please do make a thread about it. I will for sure post there about the grief it causes stamina and magicka users.

The worst part, if you go to roll dodge, you can end up blocking tons projectiles right before you roll dodge and drain massive amounts of stamina instead of just dodging those attacks. It really sucks.

@GreenSoup2HoT I'll test it on PC because I have strage feeling that bug can be present there also. Sometimes even when i have 2,5k stamina regen and 7 medium my stamina drains too fast and i saw few times that my stamina on bar was going down few seconds after I blocked with no reason and i did not using any skill . That may be reason why - because many times I cancel animations with block due to old habits and soon after I roll dodge. Also it can be not simply consoles problem because PC also have controller option. I need make more tests.
    Edited by juhasman on July 31, 2016 2:45PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In consoles, you automatically block when dodging due to the controls.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    @juhasman

@GreenSoup2HoT I'll test it on PC because I have strage feeling that bug can be present there also. Sometimes even when i have 2,5k stamina regen and 7 medium my stamina drains too fast and i saw few times that my stamina on bar was going down few seconds after I blocked with no reason and i did not using any skill . That may be reason why - because many times I cancel animations with block due to old habits and soon after I roll dodge. Also it can be not simply consoles problem because PC also have controller option. I need make more tests.

On pc its not common to have this problem because you can bind bash/roll dodge/block/ultimate all to different buttons. With a controller on pc i can see this being an issue but on keyboard i don't think so.

No matter what i do on console, i cant stop myself from blocking before roll dodging. While im roll dodging i do not continue to block, its only the split second before.

I'll record a video for you to show case roll dodging and blocking.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is embarassing.

See ? Meteor hit you for 7779 damage.... even your damage statistic shows it.
    I've heared rumors, that meteor is dodgeable. But the window to do so is very small.

Anyway, it is an ultimate. No ultimate should be dodgeable, reflectable, cloakable, purgeable.
    Ultimates need more meaning in this game. Can't be that simple spammable abilities completely negate an ability, that you need to charge over 30 seconds or more.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

I've heared rumors, that meteor is dodgeable. But the window to do so is very small.

Anyway, it is an ultimate. No ultimate should be dodgeable, reflectable, cloakable, purgeable.
    Ultimates need more meaning in this game. Can't be that simple spammable abilities completely negate an ability, that you need to charge over 30 seconds or more.

@Dracane Undodgablee incap? God NO!!!
    Edited by juhasman on July 31, 2016 3:48PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would it change much ? You can't see incap coming. Like all NB burst, there is no clue that helps you avoiding it.
    But yea, overload and incap should be exceptions. Incap is way too cheap
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭

Would it change much ? You can't see incap coming. Like all NB burst, there is no clue that helps you avoiding it.

3/4 of nb's is predictible and it's well known when they want to hit with incap. Overload is even in worse potition because it's dodgable and reflectable and it's very obvious when sorc will start to use it.
    Edited by juhasman on July 31, 2016 3:58PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3/4 of nb's is predictible and it's well known when they want to hit with incap.

What's the predictable one ? Assassins Will ? I think it's barely predictable, because you are not forced to shoot it when you have performed enough light attacks.

But yea, NBs seem to have a mainstream combo with incap. But when you get stunned, followed by incap, you normally have no chance to start dodging before it hits you.
    Not trying to defend incap strike. We both already agreed on it being too strong.
    Edited by Dracane on July 31, 2016 3:59PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Omgwtfbbq321 Yuu did not dodged the comet in this clip. Look at flytexts. There is green number of 7779 in bracket between 9th and 10th second , and values in brackets show how many dmg shield takes, so comet damaged You. Your shield tooked comet dmg and You was not knocked down because block You used before dodge roll was still working that's why You stamina go to from 10,4k to 3,3k after comet hit while You dodging and then from 3,3k to 1,7k after because You still blocking the comet DoT . Game still count You like You would hold block. So You didn not proved in this vid that comet is dodgable but You proved that there is something broken in block. I think I'll make a new thread about it :smile:

Nothing broken in block at all dude...On Xbox you have to block before you roll. You have to first press the left trigger (aka block) and then press A (aka jump). Its as simple as that, nothing's broken or bugged.
    What happened here is a waste of stamina on roll dodging, because the initial hit was blocked and the he could have just walked out of the AoE.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People this is not complicated.

You CAN dodge Meteor. It is very difficult to do so and almost always requires Major Expedition to not get caught by the AoE snare though.

In lag (even not very much lag) Meteor is undodgeable thanks to the game being buggy.

That's all there is to it.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor USED to be dodgerollable and reflectable...they nerfed those counters. That is why so many people swear up and down that it is, because they didn't know it was changed. I STILL find myself dodge rolling out of meteor...only to get thrown up into the air after I waste the stamina for the dodgeroll...
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you pay close attention to the Stamina bar, there are two deductions - one for dodge, one for block. Looks like the console layout and precast shield saved you from Meteor.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the the mandatory block on roll dodges.
    If you try to roll dodge while your weapon is sheathed, and you do it with impeccable precision, you'll see your character rolling with you weapon still sheathed.
    It has become a sort of a mini-game for me, because I always try to do this on my bow bar to get Major Expedition without being slowed by the sheathe animation.

The point is, are we able to block with our weapons sheathed?