The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to fix hated RNG system in 3 easy steps!

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Problem:
  • Current RNG system provides no guarantee to EVER get BoP gear in a desired armor type and trait.
  • Useless traits like Prosperous and Training in the BoP loot table make chances extremely low.
  • Useful traits like Impenetrable not available in BoP loot table.

The Solution:
  • Remove Prosperous and Training from the BoP loot table and add Impenetrable.
  • Add a chance from any boss in the veteran dungeon that drops a particular monster helm to drop tokens for buying EITHER item for that same set in any armor type with any trait.
  • Add a chance from any boss AND the undaunted daily reward to drop ANY of these tokens.

Make it cost 10 (?) of of a given set's tokens to buy an item.

Would you support this?

Edited by Phinix1 on July 31, 2016 9:06AM

How to fix hated RNG system in 3 easy steps! 45 votes

Yes!
68%
Esquire1980g_ESObigscoothb14_ESOSnowstriderdrukpunkerb16_ESOKorprokpotirondb16_ESOFunctionbottleofsyrupEdziuPhinix1MyerscoddutchbrownieAnhedonieJakhajayStrider_RoshinRa'ShtarThe UninvitedVaohRuination206wildbear247 31 votes
No.
24%
BlackEarthomas1970b16_ESOahstin2001nub18_ESOGarethjolnirlathburyShaibazerosingularityVipstaakkijeedrzejQbikenDBZVelena 11 votes
Other (explain).
6%
EgoniesersusmitdsMaztiax 3 votes
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or you can increase drop rates of desired trait, like more chance to get divines over sturdy
    PC EU

• lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    There's a thread where Zos asked about the traits and it seems that prosp and training will be removed and impen is coming back for the endgame drops. I do however support a token system for sertain drops.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    lardvader wrote: »
    There's a thread where Zos asked about the traits and it seems that prosp and training will be removed and impen is coming back for the endgame drops. I do however support a token system for certain drops.

That just means my wretched luck will give me 40+ Impenetrable items (even though I think of PVP the same way I think of colon cancer) instead of another 40+ Prosperous and Training pieces! :D

I don't know why they are so against a token system. Is it just stubborn "we gotta do it our own way" at this point? I really think the system I described would work well.

Edited by Phinix1 on July 31, 2016 6:35PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad thing is you don't even really have to add tokens, they already have something that would work. Just add a vendor that sells various pieces for like 20 gold keys, or 40 silver keys. Numbers can change whatever. But at least you have a set goal in mind and know at a certain point you can finally get whatever. And it is a trade off. I can use my keys and hope I get lucky or save them to buy exactly what I want.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Sad thing is you don't even really have to add tokens, they already have something that would work. Just add a vendor that sells various pieces for like 20 gold keys, or 40 silver keys. Numbers can change whatever. But at least you have a set goal in mind and know at a certain point you can finally get whatever. And it is a trade off. I can use my keys and hope I get lucky or save them to buy exactly what I want.

This could work as well I suppose, though you have to take into account the character-bound nature of keys, and the fact that you can usually only get one per day (barring vICP, vWGT) doing the daily pledge.

I don't think it should take over a month of daily pledges to get one single item. I like my figure of 10 better.

If they went that route however, I would hope to see non-monster sets like Spell Power Cure for sale for keys as well.

• potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Or just make token drop off undaunted chest.

That way, noone as to sacrifice a chance to get an undaunted shoulder but everyone is still looking foward to do to the pledge.

Best of both world.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain).
    Remove all traits and items! :trollface: