Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What type of Guild should I go for?

Crispyxxx33
Hi there, I am new to the game, being playing for a week already and i was wondering which type of guild i should go for if my expectations are the following:
-active group activities
-getting to know hints and walkthroughs
-getting access to trading items

FYI I role a Nord Templar lvl 36

suggestions will be thanked
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Join a big trading guild. They have lots of active long-time players with their active membership staying at 490+ members. On NA PC, the biggest of these guilds are located in Rawl'kha. The second tier are located in the three faction capitols, Mourhold, Wayrest, and Elden Root.Many have scheduled group content (trials) runs. Getting advice on builds is usually just a matter of asking in guild chat. If you need anything crafted likewise, there will be many master crafters in the guild just ask in chat. Same goes for vampire/werewolf bites, I have given out many to guildies, and never charged anyone. Most also hold regular social events, (raffles, auctions, PVP events, costume contests, etc.)

Players in these guilds will be able to help you with pricing your items for sale just ask in chat for a price check (PC for short). You will also want to get the following add-ons if you play on PC:
    Master Merchant
    Awesome guild Store
    Both are available at http://www.esoui.com/addons.php

Just about all trade guilds have some type of policy regarding minimum sales/purchases/raffle ticket purchases to be able to afford the guild traders which require a weekly bid (varies from guild to guild) But if you keep your slots filled in the store, that should be no problem. They will also have inactivity policy as well (Usually 7 or 10 day) Remember that you can join up to 5 player guilds, so you can join more than one type of guild. There is a guild recruitment section on the forum if you like to visit that. I am in 4 big trade guilds on NA PC, and joined all by just finding them in zone chat. If you see a trading guild that you would like to join, send a private message to one of the sellers and ask them if they can get you an invite. I have had this happen to me a few times, and have gotten players in guilds.
    Edited by Vonovosi on July 30, 2016 6:12PM
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Crispyxxx33
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    Join a big trading guild. They have lots of active long-time players with their active membership staying at 490+ members. On NA PC, the biggest of these guilds are located in Rawl'kha. The second tier are located in the three faction capitols, Mourhold, Wayrest, and Elden Root.Many have scheduled group content (trials) runs. Getting advice on builds is usually just a matter of asking in guild chat. If you need anything crafted likewise, there will be many master crafters in the guild just ask in chat. Same goes for vampire/werewolf bites, I have given out many to guildies, and never charged anyone. Most also hold regular social events, (raffles, auctions, PVP events, costume contests, etc.)

Players in these guilds will be able to help you with pricing your items for sale just ask in chat for a price check (PC for short). You will also want to get the following add-ons if you play on PC:
    Master Merchant
    Awesome guild Store

Just about all trade guilds have some type of policy regarding minimum sales/purchases/raffle ticket purchases to be able to afford the guild traders which require a weekly bid (varies from guild to guild) But if you keep your slots filled in the store, that should be no problem. They will also have inactivity policy as well (Usually 7 or 10 day) Remember that you can join up to 5 player guilds, so you can join more than one type of guild. There is a guild recruitment section on the forum if you like to visit that. I am in 4 big trade guilds on NA PC, and joined all by just finding them in zone chat. If you see a trading guild that you would like to join, send a private message to one of the sellers and ask them if they can get you an invite. I have had this happen to me a few times, and have gotten players in guilds.

This is very useful information my friend! thank you for taking the time to explaining all this to me. I have one last question... would any of this defer in case im not a PC player? I play on my PS4.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »

Master Merchant
    Awesome guild Store

This is very useful information my friend! thank you for taking the time to explaining all this to me. I have one last question... would any of this defer in case im not a PC player? I play on my PS4.

Unfortunately, you are not able to use addons if you are on console.

My suggestion would be: enter one guild that is social and active, and fill the rest of your slots with 4 trading guilds.
    That way you can search those guilds for an item to gain an approximate value of it before you put it on sale.
    I usually disable all chat from my trading guilds, and only chat in the one social guild.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<