Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the ZOS servers on a Meltdown?

Ashtaris
Ashtaris
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The reason I'm asking this is some of the issues that my wife and I have been seeing lately concerning the game. First off, I can pretty much tell you that it's not a hardware issue. Both of us are running top of the line CPU/GPU's with plenty of memory, and a 200 mb/s internet connection. I'm retired, so I can play the game during various hours and days of the week. During the week in the morning or early afternoons, I never get kicked to the login screen. But as the evening and primetime gaming hours approach, so does the frequency of the game kicks for the both of us. This Saturday afternoon, during about one hour of play, I got kicked to the login screen about 5 times which is really unacceptable. Another sign I've seen, and others have started commenting about in the forum, is being put in a login queue. I had this happen to me the other day. Granted, it wasn't very long, but the fact it happened is another sign that ZOS servers are approaching their limits.

Recently we added Japan as a new additon of people able to play ESO, and also increased the load on the servers. So I feel that ZOS needs to think about adding a few more server boxes to their mega-server, because it sure doesn't feel very mega to me at the moment :)@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_RichLambert, any plans on expanding your hardware soon? Any other thoughts on what might be causing the issues?

EDIT: Another reason to think that ZOS needs to look at their server farm is seeing messages like this posted about the same time I was having my login kicks:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/281730/extreme-lag-in-cyrodiil#latest

There can be little doubt that the extreme crrodiil lag, login kicks, and login queues are all interrelated.
Edited by Ashtaris on July 30, 2016 9:53PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well..
    Game has been crap performance wise for the past two years. Don't know why you would expect something else to be honest.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enable the option to observe latency in the client - and pay attention if you get latency spikes before you are kicked out. I didn't have such issues for a long time, but when I had them earlier, it was always related to latency spikes in crowded areas. ZOS said in a live show that they are working on server latency issues, and they certainly have, my problems are gone on PC EU, but you are right that maybe the addition of japanese players on PC NA might cause new latency spikes.
    Edited by Lysette on July 30, 2016 11:29PM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megaserver is just a buzz word anyway. All it means is you don't have to change or choose a channel to play on, it does it for you. The megaserver will never feel mega because it's hardly new technology in terms of performance. Just a way to handle under/overpopulation and empty or overcrowded cities.

And yeah I've been noticing even worse lag today. Ended up just logging out because of it.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    Megaserver is just a buzz word anyway. All it means is you don't have to change or choose a channel to play on, it does it for you. The megaserver will never feel mega because it's hardly new technology in terms of performance. Just a way to handle under/overpopulation and empty or overcrowded cities.

And yeah I've been noticing even worse lag today. Ended up just logging out because of it.

Yeah, megaserver is just kind of an automated load balancing of instances, with some management of grouping or when you teleport to friends - and you are automatically put into their instance - called phases in ESO, but it is just an automated form of instances.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    62859901.jpg
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing like hitting your gap closer and consistently coming out behind your target.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ashtaris, I play on PC as well and have had ZERO problems. No getting kicked to login or anything. I also am retired and able to play at various times of the day. Maybe something going on with your cable company? Hope it clears up soon for you guys! Oh just wanted to add my play has all been PVE so can't speak to any PVP zone issues. Good luck!
    Edited by stewhead2ub17_ESO on July 31, 2016 3:25AM
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Wollust
    Wollust wrote: »
    Well..
    Game has been crap performance wise for the past two years. Don't know why you would expect something else to be honest.

How is this helpful to his post? I've had great performance overall since launch.
  • downshot
    downshot
    ✭✭
    why do we pay for crowns
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The servers when to sh** since thieves guild. Cant even take 10 steps in pve without getting back to back load screens.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mega server??? my COMMODER 64 was faster then ESO:)))
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server performance has been some of the worst I've seen running into lag and ability delays in PVE and PVP I don't remember ever being this bad and it just seems to be continually getting worse.
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've diverted server resources from PVP to the Crown Store so more people can buy their 'high quality' wares ;)
    Edited by Garldeen on July 31, 2016 8:37AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    megaserver-

nwz8i3wojm9x_zpsqtlmr0v0.jpg
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asia server please.

Arigato.