Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Could we please get all the items back to the Crown Store asap :)?

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS, I know that that hype technique, super mount, super mount, super mount, super mount, super mount, super mount, 4000 crowns..... is perfectly working, but could we please get all the items that once were in the crown store back to crown store now?

I do not get that idea that some items should be only temporary and therefore excuisite. Why not return all the cool stuff like Senche Mounts or some cool costumes back, so that I can buy it :)!!!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you're just one person and they're a business
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because artificial scarcity and temporal unavailability is what keeps customer interest in the store up constantly. Plus, it gives a sense of exclusiveness to digital items which they don't possess inherently.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because artificial scarcity and temporal unavailability is what keeps customer interest in the store up constantly. Plus, it gives a sense of exclusiveness to digital items which they don't possess inherently.

^This.^
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes I know the reasons for that cash shop technique, but come on ZOS, could we be like nice to each other and you provide us all back again and we buy it more now :)? what about that :)? I would buy some tiger senche maybe and some good costumes :)...

then barbershop on Monday for two characters :smiley: ...lol
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I own all the senche (all the ones I wanted, anyway), I would not feel it devalues my purchase if they were to periodically go back in the Crown Store. I never thought the limited-time items were a good idea anyway.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the costumes will all come back around again over the next few months, with the dyes now...
    many costumes we rejected in the past are becoming "maybe"
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    Because you're just one person and they're a business

Exactly. Having only so many more special items listed at a time keeps newer items from being watered down/lost in the mix. Even some more normal stuff has been removed.

I have seen this to a degree in other games so Zos is not doing anything out of the ordinary. Marketing is important for a business and this basically falls into marketing.
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    I want a blue lightning panther mount
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want that ice horse badly. Also, I think they rotate limited edition mounts. As they brought back the black panther mount and leopard (not clouded) mount, after they were limited release on PC only. Though I think they only did this, as console players didn't have a chance to get them before. So they released them both at the same time as a means of providing an opportunity to purchase them for all platforms.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olyboi wrote: »
    I want a blue lightning panther mount

yes, me too, but not for 4000 crowns :smiley: !
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    like seriously ZOS, could you please give us again all those cool items that are now away :)!!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno lets make a backfest :smiley: !!! at least a weekend and then we see. if people like it, then forever!!! :smiley::smiley: !!
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be better items eventually, then you will be glad you missed some of these other opportunities. One thing you can count on is there always being new and exciting things coming to the crown store.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Hunt Senche hype!
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like my crowns back(and the items taken away) on any items I bought that were bought while listed as limited time only if they do this.

Keep in mind not everything they have taken down was mentioned as limited time only, so those items are different. But anything marketed to be sold as limited time only and brought back would have been false advertisement and would void the reason I bought at all. Part of the reasoning on buying these items is that they wouldn't always be there thus eventually making them a "rarity". There are several costumes I have not bought even though I like because they are/were not limited time offers.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want the damn Blacksmith costume.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    I think the costumes will all come back around again over the next few months, with the dyes now...
    many costumes we rejected in the past are becoming "maybe"
    :)

Certainly - I want the elven hero one - with costume dyes I can finally give them the color scheme those should have had in the first place - hopefully. And maybe I can make some others look more worn, not that clean.
    Edited by Lysette on July 31, 2016 12:04AM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    I would like my crowns back(and the items taken away) on any items I bought that were bought while listed as limited time only if they do this.

Keep in mind not everything they have taken down was mentioned as limited time only, so those items are different. But anything marketed to be sold as limited time only and brought back would have been false advertisement and would void the reason I bought at all. Part of the reasoning on buying these items is that they wouldn't always be there thus eventually making them a "rarity". There are several costumes I have not bought even though I like because they are/were not limited time offers.

But what about new players, who might want the hero costumes as well for example?

And bringing them back for a limited time only - once in a while - would still be "limited time only" - it was never said that they would be just once "limited time only".
    Edited by Lysette on July 31, 2016 12:09AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I reject that particular one-size-fits-all economic theory. The one that espouses humans are just low-evolved mammals that primarily define themselves through comparison to others, and that it doesn't really matter what they have or achieve, it is only when others DON'T have something that they can feel good about themselves.

I consciously chose (yes, consumers can actually do that) not to buy the fireworks Senche, the treasure hunter, poison duck, friar Tuk, hero costumes, or other latest "limited time" items, because I am speaking with my wallet that such a practice is punishing, inconvenient, and insulting to customers.

Lysette wrote: »
    But what about new players, who might want the hero costumes as well for example?

That is a real problem and I don't care what people say about "it will come back eventually." So far none of the costumes have come back and only a couple of the less desired mounts.

Besides, there is really no excuse not to just add page tabs and a search box to the Crown app.

ZOS is pretty careful not to draw attention to their "limited time everything" policy on advertisements. Still, they may be relying on the assumption that "what they don't know won't infuriate them."

Not like a space-firework Senche is a naturally evolved limb amputated at birth.

How can you miss what you never knew you had?

Until someone comes riding it through town in their Captain Fabulous dyed wedding dress!

:D
    Edited by Phinix1 on July 31, 2016 12:36AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance us console players could get a limited time offer for stuff we never had a chance to purchase?

Grey Yokudan Charger, Blacksmith Apron, etc..... please.....
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This has worked for Disney for decades.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Nah dude, they're still "limited time only" even if they go back up for sale. Literally any amount of time that they aren't offered means that it's offered "for a limited time".
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they un-retire some of the older items for Christmas Old Life Festival.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Any chance us console players could get a limited time offer for stuff we never had a chance to purchase?

Never! Especially for the console players who cost real players a year of content :P
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    yes I know the reasons for that cash shop technique, but come on ZOS, could we be like nice to each other and you provide us all back again and we buy it more now :)? what about that :)? I would buy some tiger senche maybe and some good costumes :)...

then barbershop on Monday for two characters :smiley: ...lol

The amount of smiley faces in your sentences makes me think like you're holding back great anger :|

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only item i will ever want to see back on the crown store, is the Snow Bear mount.
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

Never! Especially for the console players who cost real players a year of content :P

zUJS0ez.gif
  • Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS will earn more with an hybrid temporary scarcity system: full price on a short time then a digressive promotional price when the item is back in the store for some short periods.
    Item at full price for let's say a month > 3 months pass > Item back at 80% of the price for 2 weeks only > 2 months off > Item back at 60% and remains in the cash shop as long as the game is up. (determine the best periods of time with a minimax & maximin matrix and adjust to your biggest customer segment to roughly start with).

When you study marketing you learn about bad marketing and the traps to avoid: scarcity tactic works only when it isn't visible and obvious otherwise it is perceived as deceptive and backfires at you. Scarcity works only for really limited stocks of goods and should be used only for that. Almost all the matrix I have seen or made shown that scarcity gain is outweighed by the first sale followed by the promotional ones and this for one reason: new customers that are only interested by some of your older products (traditional ones) and that's 40% of the customers (only 15%, the opinion leaders, are jumping immediately on the new ones) so that means 25% of the potential benefits are lost straight away when the item disappears and then you add 30% of the followers and there are 15% that will never buy.

Conclusion: with a false scarcity system you lose 40% of potential benefits on the first price's reduction step (n% for n% off) and then 30% on the second step (n% for n% off).

for 300 000 customers for example:
    First step: 10$ full price for a month for 15% of customers = 450 000$
    Second step: 8$ for 2 weeks (for those that are border between the first and second segments, the same that buy if the item stay longer than a month up to 2 or 3) for 5% of customers = 120 000$
    Third step: 6$ indefinitely for 40%-10% of the second step + 30% = 1 080 000$

With the actual false scarcity system on an item costing 10$ with a potential of sales for 1 650 000$ only 450 000$ gets in and 1 200 000$ of income is wasted.
    Now these numbers means nothing if the segmentation of customers is not well studied, the calendar of events not taken into account as the advertising campaigns (sync), and the popularity of the item (answering to a demand or creating a new one).
    Edited by Saint-Ange on August 1, 2016 12:26PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care whether items I've bought are relatively rare, but I do rather like the diversity out in the world that results from items coming and going from the Crown store. Over time it means seeing folks with a greater variety of pets, costumes, etc., which for me adds to the interest of the world.

• Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that the grey yokudan charger and the other horse (Sorry, I can't remember the name) are back on the PTS server. Are they coming back on live?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • tryia3b14a_ESO
    tryia3b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, there were some costumes I didn't care for before because of the colors, but now...

Hopefully, they add back some of the costumes now that we have costume dying.