The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think this game will keep growing?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Or simply they cannot fix it, because they try it in the wrong way - like with Cyrrodil - I am convinced that the solution would have to be a change in the combat mechanics in order to end zerging and AoE spam - but they do not address that and so there is no progress with performance - at least not in an amount as required. They try to remedy symptoms instead to cure the disease, which is the horrible game mechanic, which makes zergs and AoE spam desirable for far too many players.

While they certainly don't share plans and thoughts with us, this whole "peeling back layers of an onion" analogy that they rolled out a few months back has always sounded a bit hollow to me. Maybe I would feel differently if they had kept up the message, reminding us of this work, but they have let the subject drop from routine discourse.

The importance they place on fixing this, and actually getting it done, reflects on the commitment of the studio to the game. At this point, fixing it is a firepit that they are just tossing money into. How they decide to handle this will tell us how they balance game issues and business issues.

I believe that they view a fix for lag to be something that they cannot do. At best, it is contrary to their business plan and won't get done, and at worst, they have no more ideas and are waiting for a miracle to happen.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 30, 2016 1:13PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Short answer? Nope.

Medium answer? In the short-term, it may- but the path ZOS is on is really non-sustainable, especially with Crown Store pricing and other things.

*shrugs* YMMV
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.