The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you think this game will keep growing?

attackjet
attackjet
✭✭✭✭
I want to write a bunch of stuff but I'm on break at work and can't really think of anything.

So you go ahead!

Write some interesting stuff
  • Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give you these hands.

P7pJDRT.jpg

Still mad about my **** hashbrowns.
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
  • Tiitus
    Tiitus
    ✭✭✭✭
    its an mmorpg, all it can do is grow. Unless they close it down.. Better question is why do you think it wont? i mean that is the reason for this post right?
    Edited by Tiitus on July 29, 2016 10:50PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, if they expand the DLC and offer content to keep players interested. If the DLC/expansions keep getting smaller and smaller then... no.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep I have a very good feeling it will keep growing :) Look at its growth from release to Tamriel Unlimited as a benchmark :)
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the implementation of One Tamriel is proof that the active community of players in this game is dwindling. That's not to say that many people have purchased a copy of the game at one point or another. I just think that the number of people who are sticking around and the replacement of those that are leaving is a net loss. They need to combine all three factions to make cities appear bustling with commerce and activity. I think.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope its gonna be elder casual online pretty soon. Why level a character or stick with a class/race when you can probaly alliance/class/race change/p2w all u want in the future..
    Edited by Skinzz on July 30, 2016 1:29AM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes...... But will it grow at a steady and progressive rate ? Who knows with Wrobel in charge of balancing.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I feel like the implementation of One Tamriel is proof that the active community of players in this game is dwindling. That's not to say that many people have purchased a copy of the game at one point or another. I just think that the number of people who are sticking around and the replacement of those that are leaving is a net loss. They need to combine all three factions to make cities appear bustling with commerce and activity. I think.

So true :disappointed: I'm telling you... if those performance issues which started after Thieves Guild were prioritized, the amount of players sticking around when Vet Ranks were removed would've been drastically higher. This Dark Brotherhood patch feels like it put the game on crutches :/

You simply can't leave the game for so long in the state it's in. Players that aren't invested much into ESO will take their time elsewhere and have trouble caring about a game that cannot load itself unless you wait 5min for every 10 steps you take.

Did they even mention any console improvements coming with Shadows of the Hist? Text chat is coming (yay...) but won't this further stress the UI and serve to worsen performance? Idk anymore. I just want to play an ESO that functions decently. Any complaints I have for balancing or bugs have been totally thrown out in my push to get the game working again.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ref wrote: »

They translated "Tamriel" into Japanese? Interesting.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Princess_of_Darkness
    I believe it will keep on growing!
    After console release, we've got two DLCs: Imperial City and Orsinium in the whole year... This year (just the second year of this amazing game) we are about to get the third DLC (Shadows of the Hist) and the year isn't over yet!
    I believe that there will be another DLC until the end of 2016, plus it seems we will get player housing somewhere in the near future! 2017 maybe?
    Well, there are bugs and bothersome glitches but, hey, which great game doesn't have those? Skyrim itself had pretty bad glitches... Therefore, I see no reason for ESO to stop growing! :wink:
    Rick Sanchez: "Sometimes science is more art than science, Morty. A lot of people don't get that."
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭

First, i can predict the future as every human :p

ESO will grow but the biggest content is already released.

ESO will grow just a little even with Vvardenfal DLC.

Two main reasons :

-the ESO development we know at the moment until Wrothgar has been designed in 2014 or before. Only DB, TG and Shadow of the hists has been designed after the game release.Yes, that's terrible.

-Not enough money for ZOS even if there are more delicious thing in the crown store for players or dupes.

Other reasons :

-Not enough new players and some loss of old players
    -Casual RPG online
    -Other releases Deus Ex, ME4, CU, Legion, Star Citizen...

Edited by Patouf on July 30, 2016 1:58AM
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
    VØID

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of a strange thought, because One Tamriel is not suddenly tripling the user number - they stay the same as before. It is just more freedom and will be an open world instead of a level-gated one - One Tamriel has nothing to do with user numbers.
    Edited by Lysette on July 30, 2016 2:26AM
  • Mason22
    Mason22
    ✭✭✭
    I think it has a chance to grow, but the next few DLCs need to get away from the sneak/assassin theme. We need a DLC that's closer in scope to Orsinium, but set someone where like the Black Marsh to get a larger audience more excited about playing again.

Edited by Mason22 on July 30, 2016 2:31AM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After console release, we've got two DLCs: Imperial City and Orsinium in the whole year... This year (just the second year of this amazing game) we are about to get the third DLC (Shadows of the Hist) and the year isn't over yet!
    I believe that there will be another DLC until the end of 2016, plus it seems we will get player housing somewhere in the near future! 2017 maybe?
    Well, there are bugs and bothersome glitches but, hey, which great game doesn't have those? Skyrim itself had pretty bad glitches... Therefore, I see no reason for ESO to stop growing! :wink:

You forgot the 2 DLCs in the first half of this year - Thief guild and dark brotherhood.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patouf wrote: »
    First, i can predict the future as every human :p

ESO will grow but the biggest content is already released.

ESO will grow just a little even with Vvardenfal DLC.

Two main reasons :

-the ESO development we know at the moment until Wrothgar has been designed in 2014 or before. Only DB, TG and Shadow of the hists has been designed after the game release.Yes, that's terrible.

-Not enough money for ZOS even if there are more delicious thing in the crown store for players or dupes.

Other reasons :

-Not enough new players and some loss of old players
    -Casual RPG online
    -Other releases Deus Ex, ME4, CU, Legion, Star Citizen...

I just wonder, why you think, that an online RPG, which can be played casually and where you do not have to be online every day to enjoy it, would be a game stopper. It might be a game stopper for the PvP crowd, who want to fight each other, but otherwise it is beneficial, because the game runs more smoothly and the quests can be enjoyed far better if there are not that many around. Nearly all of the RPG parts of the game are solo-able, so it does not require group play to the most part.

A casual gamer is as well more likely to subscribe, because he/she wants all benefits in that small amount of time where he/she can play. They are well aware of that it will take them many months to get through the content and up to level 50, so a subscription makes a whole lot of sense to them.

I doubt as well that the release of other games makes a big difference, because those are not Elder Scrolls. Might be that the PvP crowd gives a damn about it being Elder Scrolls, but the TES fan base is here because of it being Elder Scrolls. And there will be no other new Elder Scrolls single-player for a long time to come - so ESO is the only TES game meanwhile which has new content to enjoy.
    Edited by Lysette on July 30, 2016 2:46AM
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't deserve to grow in its current sad state.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to tell. Right now they are in the same situation(at least on consoles) as EQ used to be with no/little competition. But EQ had more support, in game gms, etc etc. They had basically the same mentality too(you know you don't have to be here) wow hurt eq. If eso survives a big release competitor then they'll be fine. just have to wait and see
    Edited by Lumenn on July 30, 2016 2:48AM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have a pretty consistent business plan. One DLC every quarter of the year. So there will be another DLC after Shadow of the Hist. Housing will be (presumably, as long as they don't delay) on the first quarter of 2017. Unfortunately, it feels like they've made some sacrifices to bug fixing, considering community feedback, and performance for the sake of staying on track with their DLC content.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have a pretty consistent business plan. One DLC every quarter of the year. So there will be another DLC after Shadow of the Hist. Housing will be (presumably, as long as they don't delay) on the first quarter of 2017. Unfortunately, it feels like they've made some sacrifices to bug fixing, considering community feedback, and performance for the sake of staying on track with their DLC content.

Or simply they cannot fix it, because they try it in the wrong way - like with Cyrrodil - I am convinced that the solution would have to be a change in the combat mechanics in order to end zerging and AoE spam - but they do not address that and so there is no progress with performance - at least not in an amount as required. They try to remedy symptoms instead to cure the disease, which is the horrible game mechanic, which makes zergs and AoE spam desirable for far too many players.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lysette I've always gotten that feeling from them as well. It's as if they have a hard time correcting old code, so they just add more code instead. It would explain why we see so many armor sets that never get scaled up to vet 16. Instead, they remove them or replace them with new sets.

To sort of add on to what you are saying about zergs, I feel like they added Vicious Death and Proxy Det during the TG DLC to try to reduce Zergs in PvP. I was grateful at least that they recognized, indirectly, that big zergs were a problem. But when these skills became overused (by Zergs themselves), they nerfed them. The solution isn't to put something over the problem, it's to find the root of it.
  • YeOldeGamer
    YeOldeGamer
    ✭✭✭
    Since DB released the performance issues on console have driven what few remaining good friends I had left playing away. Literally EVERY. LAST. ONE. If the issues do not improve dramaticly with this next update I will take my money elsewhere. If the game keeps up like this it won't last.

The best part is ZOS' silence on the matter. It really gives me alot of confidence in their abilities. /s
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patouf wrote: »
    -Other releases Deus Ex, ME4, CU, Legion, Star Citizen..

I, for one, think all there was to be released already have been; no new cash shops will be ever released, chiefly because sheer amount of gullible "players" willing to buy promises caused video game developers to accordingly shift focus from production of actual software to production of promises, that can be produced faster, more cheaply and are always more epic.
    Star Citizen is probably the most successful with incredible $117M in revenue before launch. Considering how long it would take to earn that much after launch, the best course of action for any profit-seeking company is to fail development (preferably quickly, before too much is spent on pretending development).

So, other releases, or rather lack of it, make ESO more interesting, assuming the buggy mess will not fall apart.
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

I am convinced that the solution would have to be a change in the combat mechanics in order to end zerging and AoE spam - but they do not address that and so there is no progress with performance - at least not in an amount as required. They try to remedy symptoms instead to cure the disease, .

TRUTH!^^^
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give you these hands.

P7pJDRT.jpg

Still mad about my **** hashbrowns.

BRUH! Don't put the paws on 'em, bruh. Don't do it! >_<

Anyway, back on topic. I definitely think the game will continue to grow, even though it has half of its game (PVP) dying at an alarming rate. But then again, PVP has been on its last few winds for quite some time now. And is basically running on fumes. As for PVE, or the other half — I believe wil continue to flourish beautifully as it has been doing. And will only continue to get better, IF ZOS bares in mind the community's viewpoints of things like: RNG, lag, and overall poor performance.
  • Apocalypse1981
    Apocalypse1981
    ✭✭✭
    They dont deserve it but i think the player base is growing.
    After each DLC lots of ppl come and after 2 months lots leave but even more stay.
    Towns are packed with ppl usually.

I see more ppl than 6 months ago, so yeah, player numbers are growing imo.
    They should fix all their bugs or else it will stop growing.
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    It will keep growing and growing until you can buy your Aunt's Sister for 3000 Crowns and then it will either take over the world or implode.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ref wrote: »

They translated "Tamriel" into Japanese? Interesting.

Yeah, lots of people don't know how this game is growing in Japan. Skyrim was very popular there and ESO weren't that popular due to ZoS did not include Japanese language support at launch and they suck at english to enjoy the game, now that it's been translated to Japan by DMM there's lot of new Japanese players as well as returning players who come back from hiatus.

You won't see them on /zone but they are there
    5MNJ2ay.png
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    guys, One Tamriel will show, where the Alliance barriers will drop, we can go anywhere and there will be players of all alliances visible, if I understand it right.....
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and the japanese Eso trailers are awesome :smiley: