Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ZOS, Please take writs out of Wrothgar

NoMaassPliz
NoMaassPliz
✭✭
ZOS, I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I ask that you please move all the writs back to Belkarth. Or frankly anywhere that's not a DLC zone.

I used to be able to zone in outside Orsinium and run in to quickly turn in my goods, but I cannot even load into the zone anymore. This is during non-peak hours as well.

I know this isn't a local issue, as I am not the only person with this problem. I know people who haven't done a writ in months because of this. It is also a pain to message support everytime your toon DCs while trying to turn in a writ and gets stuck in that godforsaken place.

End rant. Thanks for hopefully listening!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see writs in Hews bane or the gold coast Orkie town is getting kinda boring.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I ask that you please move all the writs back to Belkarth. Or frankly anywhere that's not a DLC zone.

I used to be able to zone in outside Orsinium and run in to quickly turn in my goods, but I cannot even load into the zone anymore. This is during non-peak hours as well.

I know this isn't a local issue, as I am not the only person with this problem. I know people who haven't done a writ in months because of this. It is also a pain to message support everytime your toon DCs while trying to turn in a writ and gets stuck in that godforsaken place.

I agree, but the horse is soooo dead on this one. It's just not gonna happen.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

They also have no incentive, put the top writs where everyone can access them or a DLC area forcing people to buy the dlc. Hmm tough choice there. I just surprised they don't keep moving them to newer areas or maybe that's the idea once they release a larger DLC.

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

They also have no incentive, put the top writs where everyone can access them or a DLC area forcing people to buy the dlc. Hmm tough choice there. I just surprised they don't keep moving them to newer areas or maybe that's the idea once they release a larger DLC.

If you don't have the DLC you turn in your writs in belkarth...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make writs orders rec by mail and drop off at any mages/fighters guild.
    Allow style/quality options to reduce pieces.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont they move them when they add another crafting level material? I assume at some point gear will go from 160 to 1XX. This would be the appropriate time to add a new location for writs.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    Things will really get really weird with Tamriel one if they don't fix this: all nodes will be leveled to your skill. It will make little sense to link particular level writs with particular zones zones. It goes against the whole philosophy of Tamriel one.

What they really need to do is make writs and rewards available from any zone. Whichever zone you pick up your writ in is where you turn it in. The survey you get will be in that zone and will come with any benefits tied to that zone (e.g., chance at nirn in Crag, chance at casserite in Wrothgar).
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    Calidus1 wrote: »
    Things will really get really weird with Tamriel one if they don't fix this: all nodes will be leveled to your skill. It will make little sense to link particular level writs with particular zones zones. It goes against the whole philosophy of Tamriel one.

What they really need to do is make writs and rewards available from any zone. Whichever zone you pick up your writ in is where you turn it in. The survey you get will be in that zone and will come with any benefits tied to that zone (e.g., chance at nirn in Crag, chance at casserite in Wrothgar).

This would make the most logical sense for sure.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

If you don't have the DLC you turn in your writs in belkarth...

Yes and last I checked you then are doing 9/10 writs. Bear in mind I am not complaining about the current system I just expected it to change with every DLC Orsinium is just getting kinda stale.

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

I kinda like this as well, it is frustrating that I can't pick up writs in silver and gold areas.

• CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭

This could be why they are not moving them, or have not moved them. They didn't want to make a change only to have it replaced by another change a couple months down the road.

At least, I hope that's the reason. Otherwise they are really just not accounting for their own mistakes when they have a zone that people cannot enter or leave without crashing.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a daily writer and I concur. Gunna have to cancel ESO plus to revert to Craglorn as I cant risk getting trapped again (3rd/4th time)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would add to please think about writ turn in placement versus the wayshrine. They should be closer together.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, Wrothgar is extremely glitchy 50-50 chance I do not get dropped back to dashboard turning these in.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    Well hopefully One Tamriel will change it.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish.

Unfortunately, it's such an obvious thing to add as a workaround for such a long standing program and there hasn't even been a ZOS comment saying they will consider it.

I guess I am in the jaded group that says ZOS doesn't care.

Because the lack of actions and lack of words say they don't.
    Edited by SolarCat02 on July 27, 2016 4:19PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't stand that city. There are 2 load screens between the wayshrine and where you turn in writs, which is partially due to how poorly this city is set up (which I guess makes sense from an RP perspective since it was designed by dumb orcs, but still annoying).
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I wish.

Unfortunately, it's such an obvious thing to add as a workaround for such a long standing program and there hasn't even been a ZOS comment saying they will consider it.

you're unfortunately probably right. As someone who knows nothing about coding or anything like that, it seems like it would be somewhat of an easy fix to move the location for turning these in, but again I don't have an appreciation for this sort of thing.
    Edited by NoMaassPliz on July 27, 2016 5:56PM
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have quit playing.
    I was just signing in to do writs for a few days.
    The load screens and bad performance in Orsinium & Craglorn(!) was the final nail.
    As a player with thousands of hours in the game I feel betrayed.
    Clearly ZOS is more concerned with pushing out new content instead of fixing the base game.
    Sad.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I wish.

you're unfortunately probably right. As someone who knows nothing about coding or anything like that, it seems like it would be somewhat of an easy fix to move the location for turning these in, but again I don't have an appreciation for this sort of thing.

It would be incredibly easy. No new coding. Likely just changing a table somewhere that says where writ goes and possible adding a drop-off container or re-purposing a container that already exists.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whole writs system in the game needs a re do....

It's crap and long over due...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the whole writ system should be overhauled and expanded, and I have suggested some directions in my review here, under the topic of crafting.

I also suggest that they should revert surveys back to Craglorn.

I assume they were moved to Wrothgar to promote their DLC, but that is a long time ago, and many DLCs have come and gone. It makes absolutely no sense that for highest level writs, you have a chance to get the rather useless casiterite sand as biproduct, while on lower writs, or without ESO+/DLC, you have the chance for the rare and very valuable nirncruxes.

Writs should end in Craglorn, require only ruby mats on the highest level (as they have changed it on the pts), and reward you with ONLY ruby mats as well, with the chance of additional nirncruxes and not cassiterite sand.

The current system is sloppy and lazy, and while moving writs would only fix some of the issues with crafting writs in general, it would at least fix one of the most blatant shortcomings of the current system.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should be able to drop off writs in any city you want IMO.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    You should be able to drop off writs in any city you want IMO.

I'm agreed with this.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    I agree that the whole writ system should be overhauled and expanded, and I have suggested some directions in my review here, under the topic of crafting.

I also suggest that they should revert surveys back to Craglorn.

I assume they were moved to Wrothgar to promote their DLC, but that is a long time ago, and many DLCs have come and gone. It makes absolutely no sense that for highest level writs, you have a chance to get the rather useless casiterite sand as biproduct, while on lower writs, or without ESO+/DLC, you have the chance for the rare and very valuable nirncruxes.

Writs should end in Craglorn, require only ruby mats on the highest level (as they have changed it on the pts), and reward you with ONLY ruby mats as well, with the chance of additional nirncruxes and not cassiterite sand.

The current system is sloppy and lazy, and while moving writs would only fix some of the issues with crafting writs in general, it would at least fix one of the most blatant shortcomings of the current system.

Great review, and I agree with what you said. The location of the writs is only one issue, but when you simply can't do the writs because the turn-in location is a DC fest (and no ZOS, it's not a local issue if your whole player base complains about it), it seems like it would be the obvious first step.
    Edited by NoMaassPliz on July 29, 2016 2:39PM