Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting and Changing Styles

cravnbeer
cravnbeer
✭✭✭
I wish that I could change styles of dropped / looted items. I can make all these awesome styles that I can't use because I am using _some_dropped_item_.

I don't care if this was a strictly ESO+ feature or like the costume dyeing where it is free for ESO+ and have something that could be bought from the cash shop for those not using the subscription.

Edited by cravnbeer on July 25, 2016 1:56PM
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% of the community want a feature like that, but knowing ZOS, it would be for eso + members only.

But i won't really care because i'm a eso + member. :p
    Edited by BruhItsOver9000 on July 25, 2016 2:24PM
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Lancillotto
    Lancillotto
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, changing styles is something many people want (me included). Hopefully they will add it soon. Changing traits would be good too.
  • cravnbeer
    cravnbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Since I am not the only one that wants this feature I do hope that it will eventually come to be.
  • dalodir
    dalodir
    ✭✭
    This would be great. +1

Also option to preview armor in game before you craft would be handy so i know before i craft what it should look like befofe i waste lots of mats. Long asked for feature...
  • KronicDecay
    KronicDecay
    ✭✭✭
    dalodir wrote: »
    This would be great. +1

Also option to preview armor in game before you craft would be handy so i know before i craft what it should look like befofe i waste lots of mats. Long asked for feature...

ESO Styles

ESO Styles With Pictures
    Edited by KronicDecay on July 27, 2016 2:16PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP and it would make a good ESO+ perk. Of course the player would need to already know the style for that piece.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would indeed be a cool feature :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another direction that would work is creating a set of slots for appearance. They would would "hold" the appearance of any armor one has but not the armor or set bonus. One could toggle between that and their actual armor and of course a costume over ride this.

SWTOR has this. The first slot of free, at least for subs, and additional slots cab be purchased with ingame gold or from cash shop to hold additional appearances.

Great for RP and easy to use.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another direction that would work is creating a set of slots for appearance. They would would "hold" the appearance of any armor one has but not the armor or set bonus. One could toggle between that and their actual armor and of course a costume over ride this.

SWTOR has this. The first slot of free, at least for subs, and additional slots cab be purchased with ingame gold or from cash shop to hold additional appearances.

Great for RP and easy to use.

Nope, a vanity slot system as mentioned would not work in eso without completely undermining crafters and the need of style gems.

People would craft all the various styles they would ever need in various slots, all from cheap white gear bank it and be done with it. Them whenever they need to craft a new set for say a new dlc update or to try out a new build, they will throw it together with some hideous argonian or khajiit nonsense (minus the sexy khajiit staves ofc) since they already have their swag loadouts ready to go. Mimic stones wold be dead in the water and all the other style gems would be practically given away in due time when people aquire all the vanity sets they want.

No. The best option for this game while maintaining value for being a full crafter is that to change the appearance of an item, you would require materials in some way close to what it would cost to craft something of similar nature and obviously knowledge of the style and possession of the required style gem. Ie. to change a helm dropped from a boss in a trial you would have to commit 80 or so ruby resource and the style gem. He'll they could even go as far as requiring you know x amount of traits for said item depending on its value ie. 0 - 3 traits for low level to mid range gear, up to max level bis bop gear requiring 7-9 trait knowledge to convert it's appearence. This might be taking it a bit too far but even a small requirement of tempers depending on what quality the price of gear is.

Something along those lines in some fashion (pun intended). You need a crafter or have it leveled up yourself to benefit from customizing your appearance so changing the style of an item should be no different.
    Edited by exeeter702 on July 27, 2016 10:24PM
  • cravnbeer
    cravnbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Has ZOS said anything in regards to allowing crafters to change styles of items?

Is this something they are even considering ?
    Edited by cravnbeer on July 28, 2016 1:47PM