Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gallery of Crafted armor styles

Dulfy
Dulfy
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, ESO-fashion have collected some images of the various armors from all the crafting styles that exists ingame. It is by no means complete and it is missing some of the endgame styles/sets but you can get a feel of the variety.

Enjoy! We will be updating it to include more armor styles/sets as we get them
Dulfy.net - MMO guides & blog
Skyshards & Lorebooks guide | ESO-fashion - armor gallery | Quests guide
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    very cool!
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • blackwine
    blackwine
    Yay! Thanks for having this up. really helps to not waste materials. haha
    “Embrace the moment. In the end, it’s all we have. Trouble will come, in it’s own time, it always does. But that’s tomorrow. Give me today and I will be happy."
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    yay dulfy, thanks!
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    Wow nice work.
  • netodec
    netodec
    I love you Dulfy. You're the best :D
  • XXII
    XXII
    This is great. Though, is there really only 4 material styles? I know there's more materials like voidstone and whatnot, also the multiple racial styles, but if that's the case, then that is somewhat of a let down. Granted I'm not even past level 10 and haven't the ability to Forge steel armor.
    - Criminal Scum
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    You have been always the best source of these Dulfy
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Dulfy
    Dulfy
    ✭✭✭
    XXII wrote: »
    This is great. Though, is there really only 4 material styles? I know there's more materials like voidstone and whatnot, also the multiple racial styles, but if that's the case, then that is somewhat of a let down. Granted I'm not even past level 10 and haven't the ability to Forge steel armor.

These are veteran rank crafted armor, which I wasn't able to experience much in beta but should be updated soon once I get there

• drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is great and thank you, now where do I find the next lvl recipes for steel, and such (wood). ?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you working on ESO stuff too, Dulfy. Nice job.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dulfy
    Dulfy
    ✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    this is great and thank you, now where do I find the next lvl recipes for steel, and such (wood). ?

You don't need recipes, what you need to do is press K, go under crafting, and select the appropriate crafting skill. Now, the first skill line you see there is the ability to craft in higher tiers. If you are high enough (next tier requires blacksmith/clothing 10 if I recall, you can train in it and start crafting the next tier if you have the mats)
  • Kingcroft
    Kingcroft
    ✭✭
    I wonder why they dropped the Chitin and Bonemold Dunmer styles from Skyrim. It seems to me that all the styles are just subtle variations of the same thing
  • Mylum
    Mylum
    Nice, keep it up!
  • Dulfy
    Dulfy
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say that we have updated it with tons of new armor and weapons since this post, alot of the new ones are the veteran armor as well :)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are great, Dulfy. I just checked it yesterday, I'm glad you put Ancient Elf up already. So gorgeous!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    This is great, but you shouldn't have even had to do this if Zenimax didn't have their heads up their asses. How do you not implement the option to view what armor will look like on your character before equipping it? It's 2014...
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    thanks. now I know I never buy a motif book - they all look terribad.
  • Caskin
    Caskin
    Soul Shriven
    Dulfy wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that we have updated it with tons of new armor and weapons since this post, alot of the new ones are the veteran armor as well :)
    As always Dulfy, thanks for your great work in bringing this to us. Your site is normally the first stop when needing information. I, and I'm sure many other, appreciate your hard work.
  • Dulfy
    Dulfy
    ✭✭✭
    This is great, but you shouldn't have even had to do this if Zenimax didn't have their heads up their asses. How do you not implement the option to view what armor will look like on your character before equipping it? It's 2014...

Agree, armor preview is a major feature of many MMOs, bit shocked that ESO doesn't have it.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's coming along nicely.
    But an Altmer modelling redguard clothing and armour, is just so very very wrong! Let's hope with time, this atrocity - and others - will be addressed.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Enrif
    Enrif
    ✭✭✭
    two things that i noticed while crafting armor. Armor made of the same material can have different coloration depending on level (eg Lvl. 40 Armor has different colors then Lvl 42, even if both are made of spidersilk/Dwarven)
    And Quality level also alters the coloration
    My crafted white Veteran Rank 3 armor was plain grey, but once i pushed its quality to blue it got a golden trim
  • Valkerian
    Valkerian
    Nice job on this one Dulfy. And I gotta say one of the things I really enjoy about this game is the variety in stuff like outfits and all. You can really get a sense of the influence of each race in their respective styles.
    Edited by Valkerian on May 1, 2014 12:31AM
  • Charwyn
    Charwyn
    ✭✭
    Wanna laugh? THose galleries are blocked by my government.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Zenimax would help them out with this project to get it complete or post some armour previews of their own. Honestly having used a lot of upgrade items recently only to find my armour now looks totally different (Daedric plate goes from dark blue to "leather brown" at legendary?) I'm pretty frustrated with the entire armour system. My Altmer robe went from red and blue to light blue and light brown. :o

Investing a ton of resources into getting your character looking like you want it only for it to be a wasted effort is pretty dispiriting. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to anything in this current system. My VR10 legendary looks less impressive than the level 26-30 Altmer robe. :( I hope the VR12 armour sets will at least have had some more thought put into them.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish Zenimax would help them out with this project to get it complete or post some armour previews of their own. Honestly having used a lot of upgrade items recently only to find my armour now looks totally different (Daedric plate goes from dark blue to "leather brown" at legendary?) I'm pretty frustrated with the entire armour system. My Altmer robe went from red and blue to light blue and light brown. :o

Investing a ton of resources into getting your character looking like you want it only for it to be a wasted effort is pretty dispiriting. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to anything in this current system. My VR10 legendary looks less impressive than the level 26-30 Altmer robe. :( I hope the VR12 armour sets will at least have had some more thought put into them.

Dont worry, dyes are coming
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great site indeed and I have used it to decide which kind of armor I want to craft.

One thing which I find hard to find or missing still is separation of female armor and male armor as they seem to be little bit different. On the lists in the links provided they are mixed up.

Also not sure if your class actually has some impact on how the armor looks too, if so then for complete list it would require armor per class per style per genre.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • lynzriches
    lynzriches
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this! I've bookmarked and referenced this site many times when making choices as to what armor to make for my sorc next! :)
    @lynzriches | PC | NA | Master Crafter w/70+ motifs
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont worry, dyes are coming
    Yes, dyes will be nice, but also an preview of armor you either want to craft or shop or have in inventory but it bound on equip, the color is wrong on the tubnails for once.
    Best would be preview on character, if to much work just an view of the empty 3d model would be nice.

Overall I like the armor, I think it should be more large scale variation, why not more short robes like the low level Bosmer or jerkins, why only one skirt under daeric.
    Helmets and shoulders has plenty of variation.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some ugly armor