Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is item level cap changing?

ookami007
ookami007
✭✭✭✭✭
Right now, item rating is capped at CP160. Is that increasing since the CP max is changing from 501?

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not, I'm not grinding out more mats after just gearing 5 characters with all Gold gear

Unless your CP160 gear gets changed to CP170/180 etc
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my thought as well, though I'm quite sure they won't upgrade equipment automatically - the better to keep us grinding!
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max item level is not being increased in update 11.

Safe guess is that eventually in a future update it will be increased.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, no.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    Right now, item rating is capped at CP160. Is that increasing since the CP max is changing from 501?

No it will remain the same.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks... guess it's safe to make that new suit of armor...
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to make it with preposterous and well fitted just like most dungeon drops :'(
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    501 cp gear would kill the game for one everyone would be insane op just look at what 160 cp gear it like never mind the amount of people who would leave because they dont want to grind to 501....... even when people found out about 180 cp they was pissed
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Yes definitely. But not with the next dlc. I think it will be December/January it will get raised, perhaps maybe all the way into next March
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PURPLE245 wrote: »
    501 cp gear would kill the game for one everyone would be insane op just look at what 160 cp gear it like never mind the amount of people who would leave because they dont want to grind to 501....... even when people found out about 180 cp they was pissed

I didn't really believe that there would be 501 gear, but I thought they might bump it up to 170 or 180 gear to give us two more tiers.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't really believe that there would be 501 gear, but I thought they might bump it up to 170 or 180 gear to give us two more tiers.

ZOS already has created CP180 mats (per a recent datamine) ... but hopefully it's well into next year before the actually raise the gear cap and use them.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS already has created CP180 mats (per a recent datamine) ... but hopefully it's well into next year before the actually raise the gear cap and use them.

To be fair to Zenimax, it has been a year at this point since the 160 materials were produced and will be a year by Q4 where an entire zone was created to farm them. Introducing a new material in the next 6 months would not be a terrible horrible betrayal on their part and I wish more people would keep that in mind. Don't get me wrong, I want them to make sure their One Tamriel business (of which I am massively pessimistic) works out first before they go mucking with gear cap again, but it's not out of the question to expect it may happen with the Q4 update.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    of which I am massively pessimistic) works out first before they go mucking with gear cap again, but it's not out of the question to expect it may happen with the Q4 update.

Why are you massively pessimistic?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We, as a community voicing our concerns, have prevented item level inc

To be fair to Zenimax, it has been a year at this point since the 160 materials were produced and will be a year by Q4 where an entire zone was created to farm them. Introducing a new material in the next 6 months would not be a terrible horrible betrayal on their part and I wish more people would keep that in mind. Don't get me wrong, I want them to make sure their One Tamriel business (of which I am massively pessimistic) works out first before they go mucking with gear cap again, but it's not out of the question to expect it may happen with the Q4 update.

We aren't necessarily betrayed by getting higher level items, but we are betrayed by the monotonous soul sucking gear grind that is most likely going to be attached to such higher level items.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    of which I am massively pessimistic) works out first before they go mucking with gear cap again, but it's not out of the question to expect it may happen with the Q4 update.

Why are you massively pessimistic?

Of all the things that I loved about Oblivion, the scaled content was not part of it, I'm from a "keep on the borderlands, Temple of Elemental Evil, Tomb of Horrors" mindset, I believe that people being stupid enough to go out into the world to do whatever they want should suffer consequences of getting their sorry butts killed in the most horrific way imaginable. They should have to pay massive repair costs and be forced to limp home in shame for daring to go where they were unprepared to go. The idea that scaling will allow anyone to go anywhere is so easily mucked up by even a single bad idea that I'm just not comfortable with it.

That being said, I don't shout doom and gloom, I'm just pessimistic about the upcoming change on a personal level.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they never increase the gear cap, but instead introduced new materials with other properties like lower cost, higher dmg, higher regen and faster sneak etc. But keep the same gear tier so we dont have to craft all new gear

PC EU
    PvP only
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats the point in no increasi in an RPG. Its all about thet LVUP!!!!
    Now what they need is a system to upgrade gear to new max level. Like use the max mats + special item
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of all the things that I loved about Oblivion, the scaled content was not part of it, I'm from a "keep on the borderlands, Temple of Elemental Evil, Tomb of Horrors" mindset, I believe that people being stupid enough to go out into the world to do whatever they want should suffer consequences of getting their sorry butts killed in the most horrific way imaginable. They should have to pay massive repair costs and be forced to limp home in shame for daring to go where they were unprepared to go. The idea that scaling will allow anyone to go anywhere is so easily mucked up by even a single bad idea that I'm just not comfortable with it.

That being said, I don't shout doom and gloom, I'm just pessimistic about the upcoming change on a personal level.

I think that's the way it should be too. But, there's also something to be said for being able to do more content at your level. I'm not sure how it will end up, but hopefully it will open the doors for future expansions to be played by all players.

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd peg item level going up once a year but not by much like 20 -50 cp increments