Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are poisons in the crown store P2W?

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by LegacyDM on July 26, 2016 5:44PM
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South

Are poisons in the crown store P2W? 186 votes

Yes
5%
SimzaniTanadrielahstin2001nub18_ESOGhost-ShotTroneonIyasFirerock2lillybitKingYogi415oxxalejandroxxoVoxicity 11 votes
No
77%
IcyDeadPeopleImryllkewlwayfarerxKallistaBlackheartSlakkkevlarto_ESOKochDerDamonenAcrolasArmitasNewBlacksmurfTiitusPheefsrudimentxb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOKasDestruentMadyJD2013Ulfgarde 145 votes
I don't care
16%
drakhan2002_ESOzardenurghanb14_ESOItsGlaiveBam_Bamdennissomb16_ESOSotha_SilkongkimOwnFireCowCommandokoujiRa'ShtarWhatzituyahLordNillocKronicDecayCompletelyToastEirikirGargathelantauraCherryCakeMinute_Waltz 30 votes
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Enchants are better anyways.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Are they better than in-game poisons?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They are bad.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Whatever they put in the crown store, there will always be someone to start a "is it P2W" poll.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Unless they are somehow strictly better than the ones you can craft, I can't imagine how they'd be pay to win. Care to elaborate on why you think they are or are not?

Also, enchants may be better often times, but don't exclude the fact that you can use the two together. An enchant on the weapon on your back buff bar can proc then immediately after that, when you swap to your main weapon bar, the poison can proc allowing you to double dip into both. Perhaps not overpowered at all, but something to consider. Also, the life steal enchant is a bit of a joke, but the life stealing poison performs that role rather well if that's something you're looking for.
    Edited by redspecter23 on July 26, 2016 5:48PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    AlnilamE wrote: »

They're not better than crafted poisons, no.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I'm crafting tri poison's that eat those Crown poison's for breakfast.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    AlnilamE wrote: »

They're not better than crafted poisons, no.

Thank you. That's a no then.
    The Moot Councillor
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They aren't even good
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Unless something gives a clear advantage over others, and is only available through the cash shop, it is not pay-to-win. In this case, similar and better poisons are available in-game without paying money.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You can craft much better poisons.

P2W debunked again.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They are not P2W. Those poisons behave normally.

If they did like 50K damage over 5 seconds or debuff enemy health by 100% for 10 seconds it would be a different story.

This is not P2W!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not a single "yes" vote! Where are all the doomsayers and trolls? Are they all on some fun thread that I'm missing?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No because poisons are unfortunately uninteresting. I'd rather use my weapon's enchant.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Reverb wrote: »
    Not a single "yes" vote! Where are all the doomsayers and trolls? Are they all on some fun thread that I'm missing?

They will come. Some big trolls and doomsayers exist in these parts of the forums.... ahem .... @Forestd16b14_ESO .... ahem .... lol :p
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even the most diligent ones have realized that the P2W horse is not only dead but beaten to pulp several times over. OP is late for the party.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Crown store poisons/Potions are as OP as Crown store soul gems... as in NOT AT ALL!
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For comparison:

f9add420db8941b9992a59bc0df749ce.png
    249281c9529744f7bbd4ee7ab8ed9a43.png

Mathematically speaking, a crafted poison deals more damage than the crown lethal poison, and it even is slightly faster than the crown poison.

If anyone is wondering, the combination is:

Nightshade + Violet Coprinus + Fleshfly Larva
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Funny... the only person who voted yes hasn't posted why...

Dumb poll is dumb.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Groomp wrote: »
    For comparison:

Mathematically speaking, a crafted poison deals more damage than the crown lethal poison, and it even is slightly faster than the crown poison.

There are better craftable ones than that my friend. Theres a drain health poison IX that deals damage, gives health back to you, drains 60% Stamina from the victim, returning some to you and drains magicka from the victim, giving it back to you. It's absolutely lethal in both PvE and PvP.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Its an item you can buy for money that deals damage, it shouldn't be there.
  • Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Whatever they put in the crown store, there will always be someone to start a "is it P2W" poll.

They could put forum avatars in the crown store, and there would be some Johnny-Do-Gooder on here the next day screaming pay to win!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As others have mentioned, crown pots are weaker than crafted just like pots and food. No P2W.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Groomp wrote: »
    For comparison:

There are better craftable ones than that my friend. Theres a drain health poison IX that deals damage, gives health back to you, drains 60% Stamina from the victim, returning some to you and drains magicka from the victim, giving it back to you. It's absolutely lethal in both PvE and PvP.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I was simply drawing a direct comparison. It shows how the crown poisons do waaaay less damage than what is craftable. which denies any chance that crown poisons are P2W.

But yes. You are completely right. Those potions are extremely useful and better IMHO.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think the appropriate term is "Pay To Be Competitive." As pointed out several times, crafted poisons are better in almost every way to purchased poisons. Sure, you are purchasing a method of damage infliction from the Crown Store, which would be P2W if it were as strong or stronger than poisons acquired by other means. The Crown Lethal Poison is like the Crown Potions -- there for people who cannot afford to make their own but still want to be competitive. "Pay To Be Competitive." Crafted is still better.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I voted based on how these would work for me as a 501+

But thinking about it now... Are those fixed numbers on them or do they scale? How do they stack up with poisons for the under 50 crowd, specifically for use in Blackwater Blade campaign...
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • FullBlownBeast
    FullBlownBeast
    ✭✭✭
    Crap like this is just to make money of newbie impulse buyers that are really excited when they first get into a game. Really does nothing, kinda *** of them because this is the only purpose to sell useless crap like this. But oh well, gotta make dat mula.
    Edited by FullBlownBeast on July 26, 2016 8:06PM
    Plain and Simple
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Crafting poisons is a trivial and cheap matter. If we start calling stuff like this P2W then the term no longer has any real meaning.
    Edited by Armitas on July 26, 2016 8:26PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Much like the potion in the crown store, the poison in the crown store is absolutely terrible and in no way shape or form, p2w. It is so bad I would go as far as saying it may actually be pay to lose. LOL
    Edited by RavenRoxie on July 26, 2016 8:27PM
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So OP Bro.

But seriously nah. Mudcrabs and Beetle scuttle makes the best poison.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!