Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Molten Core" DK Build (Summerset Ready)

hedna123b14_ESO
hedna123b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
EDITS:

06/03/2018 - Updated for Summerset

Race:

Dunmer

Attributes:

All in Magicka

Food:

Health and Magicka

Mundus:

Thief

Champion Point Distribution:

Blue tree:

Master at Arms 44, Elemental Expert 64, Elfborn 48, Spell Erosion 28, Thaumaturge 61, Staff Expert 5

Gear:

5 light/1 Medium/ 1 Heavy

3 Burning Spellweave Jewelry - Arcane with Spell Damage Enchants

5 Perfected Siroria Armor Divines with Magicka Enchants

2 Zaan Divines Armor with Magicka Enchants

1 Burning Spellweave Infused Fire staff (Fire/Prismatic Enchant) (Front Bar)

1 Infused vMA Inferno staff (Spell Damage enchant) (Back Bar)

Bar Setup:

Main Bar (BSW Staff): Inner Light, Burning Embers, Engulfing Flame, Spell Symmetry, Molten Whip (Flame Lash). Ultimate - Destro Ult

Offbar (vMA Staff): Inner Light (Replace with Shield when needed), Eruption, Elemental Blockade, Rearming Trap, Flames of Oblivion. Ultimate - Standard of Might.

https://imgur.com/a/A37zKU8

Rotation:

Pre Rotation: Spell Symmetry

Step 1: FHA>Eruption>LA>Flames of Oblivion>LA>Rearming trap>LA>Standard of Might>Bar Swap

Step 2: LA>Engulfing Flame>LA>Burning Embers>Bar Swap>LA>Elemental Blockade>Barswap

Step 3: (LA>Molten Whip) x 5>LA>Engulfing Flame>LA>Burning Embers>Bar Swap>LA>Elemental Blockade

Step 4: LA>Eruption>LA>Flames of Oblivion>LA>Rearming trap>Bar Swap>LA>Spell Symmetry>LA>Molten Whip

Repeat from Step 2.

Rotation Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XqY_M3QAls&feature=youtu.be
Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on June 4, 2018 1:32AM
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Thx nice info, good build.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LorDrek wrote: »
    Thx nice info, good build.

Thanks, it is crazy in AoE:)
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There definitely is infallible jewelry. Sanctum hardmode even drops legendary pieces.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant wrote: »
    There definitely is infallible jewelry. Sanctum hardmode even drops legendary pieces.

Thanks...I still wanna test what's better.
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    More outside the box thinking that works and gets results. Very unique hedna keep up the theory crafting!
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving this in VMOL!!! I pulled 34K on the twins fight last night while on chain duty, and it was only my second time using this set. There is definitely room for improvement. Little weird seeing "shock" as the second highest thing on your damage recap as a DK, but if it works, it works. Haha. I have screen shots of Combat Metrics if those would be useful to you at all. Not a record breaking parse, but the potential is there.

I am running 5 Infallible (neck is purple) 5 TBS (all divines, magic, spell damage), VMA weapons, Precise inferno and Sharpened lightening (it's what I got).

It absolutely melts adds in this place, and it is AWESOME with resources and survivability. Pulled a little less on the first boss, but it was a because I got cursed like 10 times. It rocks there too. Not to mention, putting minor maim on everything is such great utility.

Also a big fan of it on all Vet Sanctum trash, and Ozara. I think I pull higher with a traditional build on Manti and serpent, and if we cheese stonebreaker. But basically any time you have adds, this is amazing! So glad I kept that VMA lightening staff that dropped like 6 months ago. :smiley:
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 13, 2016 5:04PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving this in VMOL!!! I pulled 34K on the twins fight last night while on chain duty, and it was only my second time using this set. There is definitely room for improvement. Little weird seeing "shock" as the second highest thing on your damage recap as a DK, but if it works, it works. Haha. I have screen shots of Combat Metrics if those would be useful to you at all. Not a record breaking parse, but the potential is there.

I am running 5 Infallible (neck is purple) 5 TBS (all divines, magic, spell damage), VMA weapons, Precise inferno and Sharpened lightening (it's what I got).

It absolutely melts adds in this place, and it is AWESOME with resources and survivability. Pulled a little less on the first boss, but it was a because I got cursed like 10 times. It rocks there too. Not to mention, putting minor maim on everything is such great utility.

Also a big fan of it on all Vet Sanctum trash, and Ozara. I think I pull higher with a traditional build on Manti and serpent, and if we cheese stonebreaker. But basically any time you have adds, this is amazing! So glad I kept that VMA lightening staff that dropped like 6 months ago. :smiley:

Aww I'm glad! Yes please post them here!
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on July 13, 2016 5:07PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    34K parse on Twin Boss in VMOL. Fight was just under 6 minutes. Running 5 Infallible Aether, 5 Twice Born , Mixed Staff build above.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138752410@N07/28220427641/

Okay, no idea how to post a pic, but that link seems to work. Looks like i could do a little better keeping up Molten Armaments. Also crazy that the DPS from Shock and Blockade are almost identical. I was on chain and interrupt duty, so I could definitely push it higher if I wasn't focused on that.

My Bars for the fights:
    Inferno- Whip, embers, engulfing, blockade, inner light, meteor
    Lightening- Molten Armaments, chains, eruption, deep breath, inner light, standard
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 14, 2016 3:47PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    34K parse on Twin Boss in VMOL. Fight was just under 6 minutes. Running 5 Aether, 5 Willpower, Mixed Staff build above.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138752410@N07/28220427641/

Okay, no idea how to post a pic, but that link seems to work. Looks like i could do a little better keeping up Molten Armaments. Also crazy that the DPS from Shock and Blockade are almost identical. I was on chain and interrupt duty, so I could definitely push it higher if I wasn't focused on that.

My Bars for the fights:
    Inferno- Whip, embers, engulfing, blockade, inner light, meteor
    Lightening- Molten Armaments, chains, eruption, deep breath, inner light, standard

Nice damage! By the way there is a typo in your post, you said you're wearing 5 aether 5 willpower.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Fixed that, it was late. Haha.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 14, 2016 3:50PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for SotH
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of max damage are you getting on your single target lightning staff heavy attack ticks? I'm running 5 Undaunted Unweaver, 3 willpower, 2 kena and maelstrom lighting staff and I see about 10k crits with those ticks in PvE.

I tried it with Sergeants Mail too and was seeing 11k ticks but that set it bugged, it will lose it's damage buff randomly during battles and you have to re-equip a piece to get the damage buff back. It's nice cause then the AoE ticks are doing like 17K when the enemies are nice and close.

Edit: This was before I got vMA lightning staff so I think Sergeant's Mail would be BiS if it wasn't bugged. Even though it's heavy armor the 1500 extra heavy attack damage is better infallible aether

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1leL-RYpj8

For PvP I have been running 5 piece undaunted unweaver, 5 piece Vicious Death but I will have to try out the Infallible Aether set again. I didn't like it compared to undaunted unweaver when I first tried it.
    Edited by Toast_STS on July 26, 2016 1:53PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    What kind of max damage are you getting on your single target lightning staff heavy attack ticks? I'm running 5 Undaunted Unweaver, 3 willpower, 2 kena and maelstrom lighting staff and I see about 11k crits with those ticks in PvE.

I tried it with Sergeants Mail too and was seeing 11k ticks but that set it bugged, it will lose it's damage buff randomly during battles and you have to re-equip a piece to get the damage buff back. It's nice cause then the AoE ticks are doing like 17K when the enemies are nice and close.

For PvP I have been running 5 piece undaunted unweaver, 5 piece Vicious Death but I will have to try out the Infallible Aether set again. I didn't like it compared to undaunted unweaver when I first tried it.

http://imgur.com/2QLwRg3
    25k+
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may want to put some more points into Staff Expert. The first 3 ticks are DoT but the fourth tick on a heavy attack is not. So thaumaturge buffs 3 ticks on your heavy attack while Staff expert buffs all 4 and the last attack always does a little more damage. I don't actually know if it would be better than thamaturge because all the other DoTs might make up for that damage. Just a thought.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to put some more points into Staff Expert. The first 3 ticks are DoT but the fourth tick on a heavy attack is not. So thaumaturge buffs 3 ticks on your heavy attack while Staff expert buffs all 4 and the last attack always does a little more damage. I don't actually know if it would be better than thamaturge because all the other DoTs might make up for that damage. Just a thought.

It would not be better to put any more points into Staff expert. Gaining situational staff damage would be worse than gaining guaranteed DoT damage, especially because the contribution from shock varies depending on the boss you are fighting.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of max damage are you getting on your single target lightning staff heavy attack ticks? I'm running 5 Undaunted Unweaver, 3 willpower, 2 kena and maelstrom lighting staff and I see about 11k crits with those ticks in PvE.

25k+

Nice. What is the difference between shock and heavy attack?
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

25k+

Nice. What is the difference between shock and heavy attack?

Shock is the AoE splash damage from lightning staff heavy.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build is officially VMOL approved. Haha. Ran with it start to finish. Works great the whole time, and I am consistently one of the highest parses on the twin fight and pretty much all the trash, which is pretty darn important in here. Pulled 28k on last boss for almost 9 minutes, which included one death, a few res's, and the middle phase where you really dont do much damage. I am typically at 33-35k at the end of the first lunar cycle, and this is so helpful to the group once you get multiple adds on the second cycle. I feel like every VMOL group should have one of these builds. It also makes running chains and interrupting a breeze when needed.

Thanks again for all the testing.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build is officially VMOL approved. Haha. Ran with it start to finish. Works great the whole time, and I am consistently one of the highest parses on the twin fight and pretty much all the trash, which is pretty darn important in here. Pulled 28k on last boss for almost 9 minutes, which included one death, a few res's, and the middle phase where you really dont do much damage. I am typically at 33-35k at the end of the first lunar cycle, and this is so helpful to the group once you get multiple adds on the second cycle. I feel like every VMOL group should have one of these builds. It also makes running chains and interrupting a breeze when needed.

Thanks again for all the testing.

Congrats On The clear!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you switch to flame lash that elemental Lit wall will proc off balance even on trial bosses so you can use power lash. I have personally set them off balance myself but it's much easier when you have sorcs to trigger concussion. When it procs it latches to concussion and stays on so you can usually get 4-5 power lashes off in a row. + off balance = 40% more heavy weave dmg for the entire group.
    Edited by Armitas on July 26, 2016 6:51PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    If you switch to powerlash that elemental Lit wall will proc off balance even on trial bosses. I have personally set them off balance myself but it's much easier when you have sorcs to trigger concussion. When it procs it latches to concussion and stays on so you can usually get 4-5 power lashes off in a row. + off balance = 40% more heavy weave dmg for the entire group.

Wow...this is very interesting, I'm going to try this.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you switch to powerlash that elemental Lit wall will proc off balance even on trial bosses. I have personally set them off balance myself but it's much easier when you have sorcs to trigger concussion. When it procs it latches to concussion and stays on so you can usually get 4-5 power lashes off in a row. + off balance = 40% more heavy weave dmg for the entire group.

Wow...this is very interesting, I'm going to try this.

It's pretty silly with a charged lightning staff with a shock enchant. 300% chance to proc weapon enchant means they will be off balance most of the time in a shock WoE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdej7QKDsLA
    Edited by Toast_STS on July 27, 2016 12:07PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you switch to flame lash that elemental Lit wall will proc off balance even on trial bosses so you can use power lash. I have personally set them off balance myself but it's much easier when you have sorcs to trigger concussion. When it procs it latches to concussion and stays on so you can usually get 4-5 power lashes off in a row. + off balance = 40% more heavy weave dmg for the entire group.

Hey so i tried this in a trial setting and was getting extremely lackluster uptime, like 3 Power Lashes in the entirety of the boss fight.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, this is what I'm looking for but I'm limited on gear. What does your full heavy for staff crit for? I made an argonian mag dk for this update and want to ruin this build. Are medium weaves considered heavy attacks? I notice a monster difference between in my staff damage with molten armaments if it's not 100% charged. Maybe it's the elegance that requires full heavy attacks.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, this is what I'm looking for but I'm limited on gear. What does your full heavy for staff crit for? I made an argonian mag dk for this update and want to ruin this build. Are medium weaves considered heavy attacks? I notice a monster difference between in my staff damage with molten armaments if it's not 100% charged. Maybe it's the elegance that requires full heavy attacks.

Hey I'll answer point by point.
    1. Staff can hit for 25k+ per .6 seconds
    2. Medium weaves are not heavy attacks, but lightning staff ticks are buffed by Molten.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it only the final hit on a lightning staff that gets buffed by elegance?

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elegance buffs every part of the lightning staff attack.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭

What other set are you using with the Elegance set? I have tried out elegant with the lightning staff in various combos and it is not as effective as the sets that add flat damage to your heavy attacks like Infallibe Aether, Sergeant's Mail, Undaunted unweaver/infilltrator. The sets that add flat damage are actually multiplied by four because the lightning staff ticks four times. I use undaunted unweaver which does 1k per base so it adds 4k to each heavy attack which is roughly 50% more damage. I haven't done the trial yet for the infallible set but that's the best set.

According to these calculations https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260709/what-determines-light-heavy-attack-damage#latest it takes 40 magicka to equal 1 spell damage when it comes to heavy attacks. Elegant set is 2 max magicka, 1 weapon power and 20% damage on heavy/light attacks. So the 1890 max magicka from the set in all gold pieces is equivalent to 47.25 spell damage when it comes to the lightning staff damage.
    Edited by Toast_STS on July 29, 2016 4:58PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you scroll up, I have a parse of this build on the twin fight in VMOL. From what I can tell, the "heavy attacks" (White Flame) are the ticks on the lightening staff for the target you are focused on. These are not to be confused with the heavy attacks a little lower down (Orange Flame), which I believe are the medium weaves from my fire staff. On the lightning heavy attacks, I had an average value of 9.5k with a peak of 18.5k.

The Shock, is the splash damage to anything next to your main target, and this is where things get nuts. I have an average shock tick of 15.3k and a max of 33.8.

Unfortunately, I think this build is rather gear dependent. There are a few things that make this really shine. First you need Molten armaments up, and second, you need blockade on the target with a VMA lightening staff. Third, you need something buffing your heavys with gear. The two obvious choices are Elegant and Infallible Aether. I think infall is overall better, especially when paired with TBS. I dont like the combo of Elegant Infall, because you still need to be able to do good DPS on your fire staff bar. Also, do not underestimate the minor vulnerability buff from Infallible Aether. It is great for buffing your total raid DPS.

I did a few basic tests to see what the single target was. If I have molten up and blockade on target (no weaving), i pull about 20k just holding down the left mouse button. With two targets it quickly jumps to 40k plus, as the second target gets hit harder. I am becoming more and more convinced that this is the best AOE in the game if things are very tightly stacked. If they are spread out, Steel Tornado is prob better.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 29, 2016 5:11PM
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. But the AoE was stealth buffed a couple of patches ago from 20% to 170% and was stealth nerfed last patch to 140%. With your crazy damage I think they will probably nerf this again if many people start using the lightning staff this way.
    Edited by Toast_STS on July 29, 2016 6:04PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps