Limited Breton Hero Armor & Doom Wolf Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
The Crown Store caravan has arrived bearing two rare new items! The Breton Hero Armor and Doom Wolf are now available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, starting today (July 21st) through July 25th at 10AM EDT. Look for both in the “Featured” section of the in-game Crown Store!

e4144f8adc6c379c4c5d471ed9e05d06.jpg

This costume pays tribute to a legendary Breton hero of the Daggerfall Covenant, one who fought in Cyrodiil to uphold the ancient ideals of the Second Empire. Now you can honor this nameless rogue by adopting his intimidating outfit.

The Breton Hero Armor costume costs 2,000 crowns and is available on all platforms for a limited time, from July 21 to July 25.

c0d2bb463953d83b452f7faecf14cddc.jpg

Bred for size and savagery from the fierce timber wolves of the southern Jerall Mountains, yet stealthy when necessary, the Doom Wolf has been adopted as the mount of choice by the secretive and deadly Dark Brotherhood. (To be frank, the glowing eyes weighed heavily in their decision.)

The Doom Wolf mount costs 2,500 crowns and is available on all platforms for a limited time, from July 21 to July 25.

We’d love to see screenshots of your characters with these two latest offerings! Share them with us here or on Twitter at TESOnline.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, release them on the PTS so we can see how well they dye!
  • KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hi Jessica

Why do limited mounts and costumes always have to be released randomly? Surely it would be more profitable if items was to be scheduled at the start of each month when people got paid? Releasing them by surprising people doesn't keep them rare, making them expensive does...This has always been the case regardless on if people like it or not!

I'd easily purchase both of these but I always miss out on limited items because they're released (in my opinion) at silly times. Will this always be the case?

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KICHZY wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hi Jessica

Why do limited mounts and costumes always have to be released randomly? Surely it would be more profitable if items was to be scheduled at the start of each month when people got paid? Releasing them by surprising people doesn't keep them rare, making them expensive does...This has always been the case regardless on if people like it or not!

I'd easily purchase both of these but I always miss out on limited items because they're released (in my opinion) at silly times. Will this always be the case?

They weren't released randomly, though. The showcase has been up for weeks.
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 21, 2016 6:21PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The smoke coming from the Doom Wolf's eyes make it look like it has really, REALLY thick eyebrows. XD
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just here mourning my boobs. Your costume ain't known for being booby-friendly.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    I got the costume but I'm not getting the wolf. It's just a rehash of the wolf mount I already have. The same goes for the banded Guar. I have a tessellated one already.

Stop selling us the same content over again for full price. Either put in a dye feature for the mounts or sell the mounts of a type in a package.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can you ask someone why they decided to add a costume with a cloak but add no physics for the cloak? You have physics in place for the butt flaps on armor so why couldn't that same thing be applied here? It really looks ridiculous when it sticks to your legs.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on July 21, 2016 6:43PM
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: the costume looks like *** once you buy and move around.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never mind the Doom Wolf. Where is the White and Red Wolf? If you want my crowns, get them in the crown store. Did it take this long for the Polar Bear to be released after Wrothgar and basic bear mounts were released?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QQZYqeU.png

I think the costume looks good, but... not on me. XD While my character's mostly slim the costume makes me gain some impressive hips. Plus the hood is rather lacking compared to the one in the preview image.
    Edited by Preyfar on July 21, 2016 7:13PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    QQZYqeU.png

I think the costume looks good, but... not on me. XD While my character's mostly slim the costume makes me gain some impressive hips. Plus the hood is rather lacking compared to the one in the preview image.

Yikes! I remember when the 64-bit version had the missing texture bug a few months back, that I could see their costumes actually swap your toon's body with a differently proportioned model. My Breton mage's arms looked like a Nord on steroids.
    Edited by Moloch1514 on July 21, 2016 11:14PM
    PC-NA
  • Mysteri0n
    Mysteri0n
    ✭✭✭
    Both needs rework probably back to concept art this is a warning don't waste your crowns
    Lore Council Conclave of Shadows, Trade Council in Knights Arcanum
    Officer Celestials of Nirn, Proud Member of Enders Jeesh .Stam Sorc Since Beta 2014
    #ARGONIANMASTERRACE
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ,

I would seriously pass on the clipping complaints and the swollen hips and chest disfiguring effect the Breton costume has . It's not brining a lot of positive reviews here on the forums or ingame .

The Doom wolf has mixed review but not as harsh as the hero costume .

The price is steep on both of these which is fine , it's cosmetic and not a necessity but I personally don't see many informed people paying that amount for a costume with so many graphical errors .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on July 22, 2016 5:06AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Limited" as in quality control
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    ...and when will Akaviri Motif be on this list @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom? It's been months since all the others from that update were added to the crown shop....and now even Alliance Motifs are here?

I spent my gold on Glass, ponying up the million or so gold to get it ingame, only to have it get dropped into crown shop for the same 5k as any other exotic motif, some of which costing a twentieth that of Glass...and figured 'okay, fine, I'll wait for Akaviri here then, since I have plenty of crowns from subbing SINCE BEFORE OPENING DAY'

Why punish loyal customers like this? Hmm?
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Hardash
    Hardash
    Soul Shriven
    And will there be any changes or fixes?
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    You're pricing these limited items on a par with your DLCs, yet clearly there was not nearly as much effort or quality control put into these items. Overpriced failures.
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am SO disappointed with how the Breton Hero costume turned out. It was the only look that I truly looked forward to since launch, and it looks like a catastrophic failure. I want my crowns back, or at least an upgrade to the look that will do it some justice. We paid too much money for such a low quality skin. :/
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I'm on the PS4 version of the game. I was wondering is there a way to by the Breton outfit separately? I've already purchased the toxic doctor and the other or in the bundle. I really want the outfit but dont want to shell out 2000 gems for one outfit.
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the doom wolf, but I would love to see it have it's own unique howl instead of the current modified howl that sounds like the other wolf mount's howl with a voice changer added.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no official response from ZOS?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    PC-NA
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...and when will Akaviri Motif be on this list @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom? It's been months since all the others from that update were added to the crown shop....and now even Alliance Motifs are here?

I spent my gold on Glass, ponying up the million or so gold to get it ingame, only to have it get dropped into crown shop for the same 5k as any other exotic motif, some of which costing a twentieth that of Glass...and figured 'okay, fine, I'll wait for Akaviri here then, since I have plenty of crowns from subbing SINCE BEFORE OPENING DAY'

Why punish loyal customers like this? Hmm?

Why is it so hard to get a response on this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this was probably one of their less cared for releases in a while
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a failed cross between DC comic spandex and Assassin's Creed.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd get it if it had cape physics. I think we need cape physics.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niastissa wrote: »
    I got the costume but I'm not getting the wolf. It's just a rehash of the wolf mount I already have. The same goes for the banded Guar. I have a tessellated one already.

Stop selling us the same content over again for full price. Either put in a dye feature for the mounts or sell the mounts of a type in a package.

Exactly how do you make a new wolf or guar or horse? Even the storm atronach and wild hunts are just reskins. Hell most costumes and armor are reskins, there's only so much you can do with certain things.
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont need to understand, why zos brought that costume back without repairing it, i still remember the s.storm.
    Edited by Urkraft on June 28, 2017 2:59PM
  • Wrecking_Gorilla
    Wrecking_Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Redesign it! Makes every character look fat...