Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lack of Skill points??

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because a skill point CAN be spent on something doesn't mean it SHOULD be.

For example, even for dedicated crafters our web guides suggest 20 points blacksmith, 20 points clothier, 20 points woodwork, 15 points enchanting, 11 points provisioning, 11 points alchemy. This totals 97 skill points in all crafting lines for dedicated crafters in contrast to your 133 points "required."

These include the research points, so once research is complete you can free up an additional 12 points from metallurgy, stitching, and carpentry. So, eventually 85 points instead of your 133 points in crafting for example. Just because you totaled the MAXIMUM points in each line doesn't mean that's what even an uber-specced character would/should use.

I'm sure the same argument has/would be made by others regarding the combat/defense/auxiliary skill lines. But you keep coming back with "these points exist, gotta have them to spend" -- why exactly would you need to put points into every useless or low-yield benefit?
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the game were changed to give you enough skill points to max out every skill line available there would be no need for 8 character slots, so you might as well remove them while you are at it. The fact that we have 8 character slots is a pretty good sign that the game was never designed to have one character to do it all.

I can understand you wanting enough skill points to be a master crafter while still being able to function well in the PVE/PVP environments. But wanting enough skill points so that you can switch between every role, every weapon, every type of armour and use every skill line in the game on one character, while switching between being a magicka user and a stamina user without having to reset skills and attributes - that is just ridiculous.

Is your character going to carry pieces of every weapon and armour type with different enchantments and traits on them so that you can be a perfect magicka healer today and a perfect stamina tank tomorrow?
    Hang on, then you might complain about not having enough inventory slots.

What happens if the game gives you enough skill points to do this, are you then going to complain about there not being enough Champion Points for you to max out all of the CP trees?

Better stop before I bring up the lack of attribute points as well......
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    There are close to 330 skill points available in the game.

For end game play you need less than 100 skillpoints to have everything maxed out for 1 build.
    Means ~230skill points available for all the "Fluff" such as professions.
    And let's be honest: Not many people have the gear for multiple builds.

and even while there are so many different lines you can level up, you really don't need to.

I mean, I'm nevergoing to level destro or resto staff, or dual wield, bow, undaunted, fighter, magic. soul.
    And not havin those still allows me to have 3 different builds available. (Not that I have the gear for it, but the skillpoints I have.)

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their is a sorry shortage of skill points in this game now, especially after the new DLC's. Trying to get all crafting skills along with new dlc's is impossible.
    I can forget about being a Vampire and or Werewolf...even skills lines like mages, fighter, and Undauted...have hardly any skill points into them.
    Go anywhere....do anything.....is a mantra that is sorrily lacking in faith for me, just like most religions...LAME.....do not let the Car-ma runneth over you Beth on the
    lack of skill points?

Seems like enough skill points to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSCD0Qe5CAY&list=PLihbmSQztziNHRkvYyAYV3dYh4B-vSRSe

Could you please clarify I don't seem to understand your point.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Their is a sorry shortage of skill points in this game now, especially after the new DLC's. Trying to get all crafting skills along with new dlc's is impossible.
    I can forget about being a Vampire and or Werewolf...even skills lines like mages, fighter, and Undauted...have hardly any skill points into them.
    Go anywhere....do anything.....is a mantra that is sorrily lacking in faith for me, just like most religions...LAME.....do not let the Car-ma runneth over you Beth on the
    lack of skill points?

There Are plenty of skill points and you don't have to grind every quest just stick to the Caldwells Silver and Gold quest which you could look up. That plus Skyhards plus group delve events there is more than enough I have over 300 on my main toon with all crafting skills, Destro, resto etc.. And yes it takes some work if that's too much for you stick to