Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Being a master crafter, the drawbacks?

• Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    Then for food you gotta buy the recipes, and for all of them you need mats.

You really don't need *every* recipe, as long as you've got at least 1 of each for every level range (and realistically purples are only important at the CP160 range) you've got all your bases covered.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will spend all your gold on motifs.

(Gods help me)

It cost me a little less than 1mil to get all the Abah's Watch motifs =( akaviri was similar back in the day. I'd give my PvP friends 100k for the big pieces and 50k for the small ones.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to an old thread that I started back in may about crafting being high risk, low reward. I still think that everyone should try and take the time to do it if they find it fun, but be careful when people start asking for help. XD

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/263493/crafting-for-others-high-risk-low-reward/p1
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    My char is an Imperial Templar and a master crafter. You'll use a lot of skill points on crafting skills, but there are plenty enough skill points in the game that you can get all the crafting skills and still have plenty enough left over to develop the char however you want. You may find gold important. I cannot begin to tell you how much gold I've blown on obtaining all the motifs, and they just keep adding new ones. Good luck.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it best to make my master crafter a tank, since that can be done minimally with skill points. This worked out great at lower levels, and now at higher levels she can make everything for all my chars and make gold crafting when wanted. I don't think I could skimp like this on my healer or if making a dps. But maybe so :smile:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    I found it best to make my master crafter a tank, since that can be done minimally with skill points. This worked out great at lower levels, and now at higher levels she can make everything for all my chars and make gold crafting when wanted. I don't think I could skimp like this on my healer or if making a dps. But maybe so :smile:

My first character turned out to be a disaster. Made bad choices right from the start and just kept on making them. When I finally figured out he wasn't going to be worth a damn at end game stuff pvp or much of anything else he became my crafter. Some time in August I will have nine traits on everything with him. The only thing he doesn't do is provisioning. I have another character that I learned every recipe in the game on so it didn't make sense to do it on another character.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."