The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dungeon finder seems broken today

• Fluttershye
    Fluttershye
    ✭✭
    I managed to get 2 groups with LFG tool this morning, took 2mins to find both (Healer), but at evening it does not seem to pop up anymore, over 1h in que as healer.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makovorn wrote: »
    4) The 15 minute time-out presents more irritation than a few quitters/kickers

I understand the logic behind the new 15 minute time-out, but I have to say from personal experience, I'd easily tolerate a few quitters or kickers more than having this time-out. We are very lucky that this community is for the most part, a healthy one and certainly one of the best MMO communities I've been around. This 15 minute timer punishes people for all of the above problems.
    Very well spoken. I would say THIS is the main reason, the dungeon finder will never be what it was a few months ago, when everything worked (without penality).

Just because a few complainers wrote in the forums/to the support, they introduced this penality timer, instead of simply removing 2-3 dungeons from the list. The reasons why people leave groups are: rude behaviour, flaming, super-fast playing people who don't wait, etc...
    Like the forward camps (resurrection camps) in PvP, ZOS IS TOO FAST when it comes to such decisions, just because of some whiners. For most users, the dungeon group finder worked perfectly BEFORE they introduced the penality timer.

Last not least, the penality timer is a reason not to use the dungeon finder at all. It is a negative factor, most player I know oppose it!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed something about the current state of the groupfinder. On both my healer and my tank I fall into one of two categories each day: I get groups immediately, or never. That's not an exaggeration.

Sometimes I queue, and am placed in a group before the group menu closes. On those days, I can queue over and over, and will be placed in a new group within a minute of leaving the last dungeon. While I am doing that, zone and guild chat continues to report the groupfinder is broken. On days that I don't get a group right away, I never will. I can (and have) literally stay in the queue for 4 or more hours without a group. I haven't gotten a group as a dps in months, but it seems my healer and tank are indexed for grouping compatibility on login, and rng gives me a pass/fail grade.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I've noticed something about the current state of the groupfinder. On both my healer and my tank I fall into one of two categories each day: I get groups immediately, or never. That's not an exaggeration.

Sometimes I queue, and am placed in a group before the group menu closes. On those days, I can queue over and over, and will be placed in a new group within a minute of leaving the last dungeon. While I am doing that, zone and guild chat continues to report the groupfinder is broken. On days that I don't get a group right away, I never will. I can (and have) literally stay in the queue for 4 or more hours without a group. I haven't gotten a group as a dps in months, but it seems my healer and tank are indexed for grouping compatibility on login, and rng gives me a pass/fail grade.

I think this is exactly right. Was in the queue for six full hours last Saturday (it turned into a challenge for me--how long could I last before I gave up). Last night, I got an instant pop. Today, 33 minutes as a tank, and I decided to do other things.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle