The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dungeon finder seems broken today

• Makovorn
    Makovorn
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I can deal with a few unsavoury players that quit mid-dungeon etc. At least the tool was able to find replacements soon. Today, I actually got into a group through the tool (feels like winning the damn lottery), but one player DC'ed at the last boss ... and that was that. We queued up ... over 40 min ... no luck.

At least the old system worked. Why not revert back for now and give the new system a thorough QC on the PTS? This is really unacceptable.
    Edited by Makovorn on June 18, 2016 11:15AM
  • Zhakkarn
    Zhakkarn
    Soul Shriven
    Obviously this isn't a priority or even a concern at this point. No fix and no further information. Additionally, ZOS knew the tool was glitched for sometime since PC launch, knew the fix didn't work and still pushed threw the same mess onto the consoles.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhakkarn wrote: »
    Obviously this isn't a priority or even a concern at this point. No fix and no further information. Additionally, ZOS knew the tool was glitched for sometime since PC launch, knew the fix didn't work and still pushed threw the same mess onto the consoles.

Yes. Yes they did. For neither the first nor the last time.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • terry2040
    terry2040
    ✭✭✭
    After DB DLC, Group Finder is really broken it seems. Queue as tank or healer, for both vet and non-vet random, more than 30 mins passed and got no single group. It was not like this before DB released. Can this be fixed ASAP? PS4 NA.
  • Zeholipael
    Zeholipael
    Soul Shriven
    Still waiting, ZOS. Still waiting :( ESO plus time just tick-ticking away
  • Makovorn
    Makovorn
    ✭✭
    Okay some feedback:

First of all, sorry for the earlier rants. This problem is incredibly frustrating for many players at the moment. I'm referring Jessica Folsom back to this thread via Twitter, so here's the major issues at the moment:

1) Indefinite queue times

Before release of Dark Brotherhood, queue times for healers and tanks at least, used to be rather fast. We're talking minutes, instead of hours. This problem also seems to be intermittent, because by sheer luck (or unless they pushed through a fix server side that we don't know about), I've actually been able to find groups rather quickly over the past 2 days. This however leads to the next problem ...

2) Re-queuing for lost group members just doesn't work at all now

If you happen to loose a member of your group due to a long disconnect and/or unanimous vote-kick, or by quitting, the group finder will queue for missing members, but it never finds any. The longest we've waited, was probably around 30/40min's before giving up.

Understand, that keeping people together in an incomplete group for THAT amount of time, doing basically nothing, is a challenge in itself. It becomes super frustrating when this happens, because sometimes you cannot continue from that point on. People often find themselves at the last boss (after a long and hard fight to get there), only to have to abandon the dungeon altogether because of the above problem. It kills the fun in playing dungeons and honestly just makes you feel like quitting the game altogether.

3) Group finder puts you into incomplete or over-numbered groups

I've not experienced the more-than-5 bug myself yet, but I have queued up, only to find the group 1 or 2 short at the start of the dungeon - then of course, revert back to problem No.2 - re-queuing doesn't work.

4) The 15 minute time-out presents more irritation than a few quitters/kickers

I understand the logic behind the new 15 minute time-out, but I have to say from personal experience, I'd easily tolerate a few quitters or kickers more than having this time-out. We are very lucky that this community is for the most part, a healthy one and certainly one of the best MMO communities I've been around. This 15 minute timer punishes people for all of the above problems.

Incomplete group? Nope, can't continue. Disband. Wait 15 minutes. LFG can't find replacements? Can't continue. Disband. Wait 15 minutes. Got vote-kicked for whatever reason? LFG can't find replacements. Disband. Wait 15 minutes ...

You see where this is going.

5) The issue is cross-platform

According to Reddit and communications here and with some friends, this problem seems to be an issue across all platforms, not just PC.

There are other issues too, but that's at least what I've encountered, or what people in my groups have mentioned. IMHO, this issue warrants prime attention, because left alone, people are just going to get more frustrated about this. The mood is already quite sour and hate it when stuff like this happens in what is otherwise one of the best (if not the best) MMO out there.

Yes, there are options like manually LFG'ing in zone chat, but it's a schlep, and negates the benefits of having a dungeon finder at all. Yes, you can always ask friends/guildies for replacement group members, but that never seems to really work out, plus I really hate having to infringe on other people's play time to help out an incomplete group as a result of broken game functionality. People's play-moods aren't always aligned at the particular moment and that's precisely why the group finder is so important - to find people that want to do that particular content at that particular moment.

I plead to the devs to please give this problem some love.
    Edited by Makovorn on June 18, 2016 11:38AM
  • Balticthunder
    Balticthunder
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it helps somehow, so I just add my yesterdays experience:

signed up for specific dungeon late at night, around 4 o'clock at morning as healer - instantly get in
    signed up for random afterwards around 5 o'clock at morning as healer - 3min waiting till group ready.
    signed up next day (Saturday), afternoon around 17 o'clock again as healer - gave up after 40 min, nothing!

Hmm so it somehow works when there is few people playing and not works when servers are busy?
    Edited by Balticthunder on June 18, 2016 7:26PM
  • MatioFrench
    The hotfix yesterday did not fully fix the ongoing issues with the Grouping Tool. We have additional fixes we're working on - sorry for the frustrations, everyone.

Any news on this? It's been almost two weeks. Group finder is completely broken on PS4 and this was one of the main ways I ran daily dungeons when I don't have enough people on to run them with. I have not been able to queue into a single group, yet it feels like there are more players than ever in the game. Can you please give us an update or an ETA on a fix?
  • infeareal
    infeareal
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Nearly 3 weeks not functioning properly and almost 2 full weeks since last communication on this issue. Can we get some kind of status update as the group finder is how many of us enjoy a large portion of the game? Pretty much sucked the fun out of playtime for a lot of individuals.

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Makovorn wrote: »
    Okay some feedback:

First of all, sorry for the earlier rants. This problem is incredibly frustrating for many players at the moment. I'm referring Jessica Folsom back to this thread via Twitter, so here's the major issues at the moment:

1) Indefinite queue times

Before release of Dark Brotherhood, queue times for healers and tanks at least, used to be rather fast. We're talking minutes, instead of hours. This problem also seems to be intermittent, because by sheer luck (or unless they pushed through a fix server side that we don't know about), I've actually been able to find groups rather quickly over the past 2 days. This however leads to the next problem ...

2) Re-queuing for lost group members just doesn't work at all now

If you happen to loose a member of your group due to a long disconnect and/or unanimous vote-kick, or by quitting, the group finder will queue for missing members, but it never finds any. The longest we've waited, was probably around 30/40min's before giving up.

Understand, that keeping people together in an incomplete group for THAT amount of time, doing basically nothing, is a challenge in itself. It becomes super frustrating when this happens, because sometimes you cannot continue from that point on. People often find themselves at the last boss (after a long and hard fight to get there), only to have to abandon the dungeon altogether because of the above problem. It kills the fun in playing dungeons and honestly just makes you feel like quitting the game altogether.

3) Group finder puts you into incomplete or over-numbered groups

I've not experienced the more-than-5 bug myself yet, but I have queued up, only to find the group 1 or 2 short at the start of the dungeon - then of course, revert back to problem No.2 - re-queuing doesn't work.

4) The 15 minute time-out presents more irritation than a few quitters/kickers

I understand the logic behind the new 15 minute time-out, but I have to say from personal experience, I'd easily tolerate a few quitters or kickers more than having this time-out. We are very lucky that this community is for the most part, a healthy one and certainly one of the best MMO communities I've been around. This 15 minute timer punishes people for all of the above problems.

Incomplete group? Nope, can't continue. Disband. Wait 15 minutes. LFG can't find replacements? Can't continue. Disband. Wait 15 minutes. Got vote-kicked for whatever reason? LFG can't find replacements. Disband. Wait 15 minutes ...

You see where this is going.

5) The issue is cross-platform

According to Reddit and communications here and with some friends, this problem seems to be an issue across all platforms, not just PC.

There are other issues too, but that's at least what I've encountered, or what people in my groups have mentioned. IMHO, this issue warrants prime attention, because left alone, people are just going to get more frustrated about this. The mood is already quite sour and hate it when stuff like this happens in what is otherwise one of the best (if not the best) MMO out there.

Yes, there are options like manually LFG'ing in zone chat, but it's a schlep, and negates the benefits of having a dungeon finder at all. Yes, you can always ask friends/guildies for replacement group members, but that never seems to really work out, plus I really hate having to infringe on other people's play time to help out an incomplete group as a result of broken game functionality. People's play-moods aren't always aligned at the particular moment and that's precisely why the group finder is so important - to find people that want to do that particular content at that particular moment.

I plead to the devs to please give this problem some love.

Thanks for all these details, @Makovorn. We pushed a hotfix for the long queue times on the PC/Mac servers, but it did not resolve the issue as we'd hoped. We're still looking at issues with the Group Finder/Activity Finder that are leading to the issues you've called out on all platforms, and working on fixes.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently downloading the patch for 6/20/16 and hoping this was fixed, but didn't see anything about it being addressed in the notes. As of yesterday, this was certainly still a problem on PC at least- can't vouch for other platforms. Not being able to use LFG for dungeons is a MAJOR PITA. I hope it gets resolved soo.
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    S'yn wrote: »
    I am currently downloading the patch for 6/20/16 and hoping this was fixed, but didn't see anything about it being addressed in the notes. As of yesterday, this was certainly still a problem on PC at least- can't vouch for other platforms. Not being able to use LFG for dungeons is a MAJOR PITA. I hope it gets resolved soo.

I'm wondering if it's only an issue for certain people, which is making it difficult to pinpoint. I've been able to queue just fine since the 6/20 patch, but a lot of people are still complaining about it not working. Got in as a DPS in <10 minutes, which is super fast for DPS.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its going to be another feature
  • Sjizzle
    Sjizzle
    ✭✭✭
    today i stood que for more then 2h for a tank which one is damn long....seems that the group finder it's broke.....but what i have found funny is that mornings works very well when there not that many players who que up..... afternoon soon as the server get more players online more who que up it's broke......
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still cant find a group as a tank or dps. 4 hours now.....
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • ReekyLeaf132
    ReekyLeaf132
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, my support thread was closed by @ZOS_DaryaK and I was directed here. Basically I was asking for any kind of update to the group finder, as it being broken has totally ruined the play experience... Guess I was hoping for an answer, but there is no comment from ZOS at all as to when they will be fixing this. @ZOS_GinaBruno can we please get an idea as to when GF will be taken care of?
  • linus2503
    linus2503
    ✭✭✭
    sad panda.
    The longest this issue persists, the less people use the Group Finder :neutral:
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    linus2503 wrote: »
    sad panda.
    The longest this issue persists, the less people use the Group Finder :neutral:

This is absolutely true, and the longer it doesn't get fixed, the less it will be used once it is.

I don't use it anymore, and I used to enjoy running it a few times a week. Because I am on the forums, I will know when it is fixed, but most people don't check here, since they can't even join without a ticket.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • xlWASP
    xlWASP
    I thought this was comical:

I was in queue last night as tank & DPS for Fungal Grotto. Took over 4 1/2 hrs before it put me w a group.

Just now I queued random for vet and normal only as DPS. One minute later I was in a group for Fungal.

LOL WHAT?!!
    Edited by xlWASP on June 28, 2016 3:26PM
    Templar, Champion 130+ PC NA
  • Pennisher
    Pennisher
    Soul Shriven
    Please fix the group finder. This should be a priority.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday June 29th and Activity finder is still broken on XBNA. I was in the Queue as a tank for almost 45 min and never saw a group invite. Prior to DB I was not waiting more than 10 min before getting a group. Most of the time it was within in 5 min and I was in a group.

What is the current ETA on fixing Activity finder? Has the root cause of the issue even been identified as of yet? Once root cause is identified what is the time line for testing/roll out?

Spelling
    Edited by Defilted on July 5, 2016 12:39PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Cant find a group with healer, waiting for hours. Tank is not much better. Please fix it!
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    This is a disgrace, especially on console where we dont have the ability to write in chat that we are lfg. The voice chat usually only has a handful of people in the area chat. Without the dungeon finder, it drastically limits your ability to access a major facet of the game, including a major faction (undaunted). Any update would be greatly appreciated.
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    Please update us and fix asap as this function is a must for me because I play with only one other on a regular basis and we need this fixed to access the dungeons and do the daily undaunted missions. >:)
  • valdis2
    valdis2
    Soul Shriven
    http://www.esotulfg.com/ works sometimes
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    Broken again?
    Arkos Fortune - Kaor - Koras Fortune - Delaia - Leorio - Niota - Nyraele - Karos Fortune - Elara Fortune - Penélope - Frolics-in-the-swamp - Arynael - Sarovius - Eranyel
  • xlWASP
    xlWASP
    hollywood wrote: »
    Broken again?

Two hours in queue as a healer for Random vet or norm... I'd say "Yes"

*sigh
    Templar, Champion 130+ PC NA
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think they have patched it since the 21st. I thought there was a hotfix that went in the week after DB release, but that either is not accurate or the hotfix did not address the main issue.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I do not think they have patched it since the 21st. I thought there was a hotfix that went in the week after DB release, but that either is not accurate or the hotfix did not address the main issue.

They did a hot fix which helped some people but most are still having issues.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Buffout
    Buffout
    Broken for over a month...