The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you like the new look of hoods?

• Angelisaur
    Angelisaur
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this will be among the top ten qqer posts of the year but this change has kind of turned me off from playing my own argonian character there since the DLC--and until now, he used to be my main. I'm desperate enough to even mention this publicly: I'm an RPer as well, and I often play this guy as literally keeping his hood low enough to cover his eyes. That just became all the more difficult to pass off believably. I feel dumb even just typing these complaints out; I've poured so much time and money into this game from beta, rolled with hundreds of visual and gameplay changes without a hitch, why should a small shift in some polygons get to me so badly? Yet it's like nails on a chalkboard.

The ear bumps for khajiit are nice, but that's about it. Everything else, from the awkward, flat profile, to the square cranium, is a huge step back for us lizardfolk. Again ZoS, I appreciate the work you put into this, and what you were trying to accomplish, but please reconsider what you've chosen as the final meshes.
    Edited by Angelisaur on June 4, 2016 4:22AM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks fine to me on argonians head shape they have wide flat heads drape a cloth on it and you got a blocky head. Khajiit looks fine also with ear nubs
  • Angelisaur
    Angelisaur
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, while I prefer the smoother look of the old hoods, I could probably live with just the blockhead look if I had to; however, that receding hemline framing the face has just got to go. I think ZoS pushed them back under the thinking that people would want their characters' faces to be more easily "shown off" while wearing headgear, but it's just plain not flattering at all. We wear hoods for that neat cowl effect. When you take away that overhang above the eyes, it's just an awkwardly shaped sack of cloth hugging the back of the head.
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess ZOS is expressing their opinion that Argonians are squares? :trollface:

In all seriousness though, they look awful. Someone needs to slap the lazy armor artists to start doing better. I mean, these lazy nwahs wanted to put male torso's on females (and then inflate the chests like balloons.) Now Argonian hoods are boxy and ridiculous.

ZOS, seriously, your artists are getting lazy or are just super super tired and need more coffee (and probably better pay) because their work is just really, really poor.
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit hoodie is purrrrrrfect!
    Khajira-Armor-Dark-Brotherhood.png
    Other races - Dis One does not care, lol :D
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best hood imo is the one on the robe costume you get from finishing DB quest line...in fact that whole costume is brilliant. Now if they only made them all look that good...
    Edited by greylox on June 5, 2016 1:51AM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Ahanu2
    Ahanu2
    ✭✭✭
    It might look alright with Khajiit, but the change was for the worse on Argonians. It just looks awkward. Really hope they either revert it or try again.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we could craft hoods with or without ninja mask (or doctor mask, whatever you prefer). After all, we can choose to have a robe or a jerkin, why not let us take that doctor mask off our face, it looks really weird especially on the snouted races.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Ahanu2
    Ahanu2
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we could craft hoods with or without ninja mask (or doctor mask, whatever you prefer). After all, we can choose to have a robe or a jerkin, why not let us take that doctor mask off our face, it looks really weird especially on the snouted races.

Well the major problem is right now the mesh has been smushed back and lifted. It wasn't something anyone asked for, and looked great before. Now it just looks bad. If you're Argonian you pretty much just need to hide helmet because we've lost the only thing that didn't look terrible.
  • Grayphilosophy
    Grayphilosophy
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree

Just logged in after some time away, to find that my glorious and perfectly sinister looking argonian, is now sporting a stiff bonnet instead of a shady cowl. Outrageous I say!

The whole head-shape thing is fine. Makes sense I guess, with the Khajiit ears and Argonians' oddly shaped and spiny heads. But the gravity-defying upper lip of the hood that seems to have been pulled back to reveal more of the face (which by the way is super counter-intuitive for a hood) looks positively dreadful.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree, the mask part is really weird and not needed at all. It just forces me to either hide the hood or use one of the few hoods without the mask (which looks odd, depending on the main armor style).
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • IcyDeadPeople
      IcyDeadPeople
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I'm playing on such low settings that the game looks like a bit like Minecraft. As I can barely even see the shape of enemy players, I'm pretty sure I haven't noticed any difference in hood design so far.