The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like the new look of hoods?

Selique
Selique
✭✭✭✭
I posted feedback about this in the PTS forums, but since the patch is now live, and the hoods were changed, I'm re-posting it here.

The new look of hoods (NOT KHAJIIT EAR BUMPS) is not very good in my opinion. The hoods are now more square, and the over-hang does not go as far down the eyes as it used to (I will post screen shots when I am able).

I really want the original style of hoods to return, possibly with hoods in the new style for those who like it. What do the rest of my fellow ESO fashionistas think about the new look of hoods?

Original Link (Has pics). https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/263564/new-look-of-breton-light-armor-hoods#latest
Edited by Selique on May 31, 2016 10:01PM
Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
Hail Sithis..

Do you like the new look of hoods? 132 votes

Yes
27% 36 votes
No
37% 49 votes
I don't care
35% 47 votes
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will vote with pics.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    [img][/img]WlkPHI5_zps4oc2iurw.png

This is a picture using a Khajiit from the original post. It looks the same on all races. I'll post my Argonian when I get the chance as well.
    Edited by Selique on May 31, 2016 10:12PM
    Hail Sithis..
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new look for hoods is truly terrible. I play an argonian, and the hood now stretches over the head in a very awkward way, specially since my character has a small neck.

Hoods were perfectly fine, they didn't look awkward or silly, like they do now.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

"According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one loves it! (not breton but still)
    cLqX96H.png
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on May 31, 2016 10:18PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one loves it! (not breton but still)
    cLqX96H.png

Aw thats adorable! I cant wait to see my kitty in her hood then.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the front maybe it looks okay, but change view to the side or back and you just end up with a square head and no over-hang over the eyes, making the hood shorter, and thus, less appealing to myself.
    Hail Sithis..
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always hide my helmet anyways as I prefer to see my character's face.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on June 1, 2016 12:17PM
    Argonian forever
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's JUST for Khajiit I say it should stay that way you have 2 ears there...

However IF it's like that for Bretons, Imperials, Altmer, Dunmer, Redguards, Nords... I say hell no :neutral:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • wachtung
    wachtung
    ✭✭
    It looks really terrible!
    I also have clipping issues in places where they were not before...
    Examples are daedric helmet, but it would seem all hoods collide with the daedric shoulderpads now, even though they were fitting perfectly before.
    The shadows outlaw hood has make no sense now.

We should have an option to toggle this change off, I personally absolutelly despise it and in my opinion this thread needs to go a bit louder.

Edit: My char is Argonian... I can see that the ear space looks decent on khajiit, but for Argonians it's just a big ew and I know I am not the only one who thinks of it that way.
    Edited by wachtung on June 1, 2016 4:26PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use hoods for the most part,adn they lii kfine to me.Except on my Khajiit.They look all lumpy and odd.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, with the smallest of (and almost imperceptible) changes, the hoods go from "Sexy" to "w0r5tesT Id3@ EV@RRRrrRr!!!"!?

*rolls eyes*

This is what is irking people off now?

IMO; it looks fine, and the changes are the splitting-hairs type of changes. *sigh*

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I use "hide headgear" on all but one character, I didn't notice the difference last night. And frankly, the difference in these screencaps is nearly imperceptible. Maybe once I finally see something noticeable, it will bother me, but not now.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, with the smallest of (and almost imperceptible) changes, the hoods go from "Sexy" to "w0r5tesT Id3@ EV@RRRrrRr!!!"!?

*rolls eyes*

This is what is irking people off now?

IMO; it looks fine, and the changes are the splitting-hairs type of changes. *sigh*

That's fine for you not to care. But I actually do like the way my character looked. I know many others also care about it as well.

If its so minor, why did they change it in the first place? And just because you find it to be so minor, does not mean I cannot voice my displeasure about it.

I think plenty of topics spread around these forums are far pettier than this. I am sure I don't have to list those though.
    Hail Sithis..
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20160601_170003_zpsjtcckbss.png[/img]

Screenshot_20160601_165958_zpsdzdb4lg2.png

Screenshot_20160601_165949_zpsvx6alcqx.png

Here you can see what I am talking about. Its NOT just Khajiit. It looks terrible on Argonians and humans/mer too. Worse on Beast races though.
    Hail Sithis..
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before:
    6xRSLuV.png

After:
    hlkAgS4.png

Too much forehead, the top is square, and there's an awful black shading on the top of the hood. From behind, the textures are oddly stretched and the model quality is overall very low.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    Before:
    6xRSLuV.png

After:
    hlkAgS4.png

Too much forehead, the top is square, and there's an awful black shading on the top of the hood. From behind, the textures are oddly stretched and the model quality is overall very low.

FINALLY, someone posted an image where with an angle and lighting so I can see the problem.

Yes, it was clearly better the old way, but not so much that I would have payed any attention without the before/after image.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ouch" was my first thought when seeing my Argonian with the new design, like being struck by a rock and permanently deformed. :lol:

In german this form would be called "quadratschädel" (square-head). I too liked the old form better...
    Edited by Kelces on June 1, 2016 11:09PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who wad never interested in hoods before, I like the changes. Wasn't there a problem with hoods removing adornments and hair? Is that fixed?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Angelisaur
    Angelisaur
    ✭✭✭
    I so wish I'd been more vocal about this sooner, but, better late than never: these changes are incredibly unflattering to the beast races. Forget "boxy", these new meshes feel like I'm running around with an old Apple computer for a head.

My character has gone from this dapper lizardman:
    sZ1qdNn.png

To this poor fellow who is going to develop a serious complex about his giant forehead:
    hWUh5XP.png

Gone is that neat little lip of the hood that kind of came down over the eyes; gone is that nice sleek silhouette. Basically, everything that made hoods fun in the first place. I appreciate what you were trying to do, ZoS, and I know this plea is probably going to go unheeded, but please! Please reverse this decision, or at least consider further work on the meshes, lest our lizard wizards and zappycats become the laughingstock of Tamriel =(

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you like the new look of hoods?

no. put me right off them.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this gives the term "block head" a new meaning :trollface:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. My poor girl feels so block-headed, shes uncomfortable to wear a hood in public! I wish ZoS would have just left the hoods alone. There wasn't any clipping in it before.
    Hail Sithis..
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like hoods to hide more of your face so more forehead is noticeably stupid to me. Rather then fix some of the body issues with costumes and new armor sets, they decide it necessary to show more forehead and mess with hoods that were fine before.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one loves how her ears are no longer crushed under her hood! <3

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got nothing against the ear bumps on Khajiit, but that square block headed appearance needs to change.
    Hail Sithis..
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one loves how her ears are no longer crushed under her hood! <3

Who knew Khjiit ears were made of REALLY ridged cartilage ?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should've done some research-
    Style-Save-Us-Cat-In-A-Hood.jpg
    No ear definition, no excessive forehead.
  • Khajiit_Ri
    Khajiit_Ri
    ✭✭✭
    Tho Khajiit-Ri has yet to see this in game (console kitty) he can't really complain. This one likes the ear bumps with the hood, he even thinks the hood looks good on vile Argonian slime.
    Edited by Khajiit_Ri on June 2, 2016 5:01PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said I love the way the hoods look on my Khajiit (and I still do). However, after reviewing others screenshots I have to agree that the new exposed forehead and square shape looks terrible. They really should get our feedback before they do stuff like this. It could be a simple post here on the forum that shows before and after screenshots and asks our opinion before they decide to go live with it.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone got a shot of the Vicious Death hood? I'm wonder if it suffers from too much forehead too.