Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Redguard Templar Respec

KingofAnnwn
KingofAnnwn
✭✭✭
Hello all. This should be quick lol.

I've just started playing the game again after a good few months away from it. My character is a lvl 32 Redguard Templar. It's not the best choice I know, but I don't really want start a new one. I'm currently running 2h and dual wield with 5 med and 1 heavy/light armour. I'm thinking of going 2h and bow.

I play PVE solo 95% of the time with the odd team dungeon.

My questions are.

Is it a viable root to go, should I stay as I am or should I go sword and board bow/2h

I like to play a dps style but with some healing capability. What sets should I get and what allocation of armour should I go for?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Seán
Xbox One (Very Rare)
DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
PC
AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
PS5
DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Redguards are beast stam players. Keep on with it and level everything and you'll see. DW is better though. Your jabs will hit a lot harder.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red guard stamina Templars can be really good. Invest heavily in stamina and take the stamina morphs of your skills (biting jabs and javelin). Use repentance to get tons of free stamina from your kills, and use purify and rune focus. The rest of your skills will come from the weapon and fighter guild skill lines.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on July 16, 2016 11:49PM
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redguard Stamplars are actually one of the strongest specs at the moment...
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Shows how much I've missed then lol. Last time I was playing, all I saw was players saying that Stam was being nerfed.

I'll probably stay as I am for now then, i'll probably reset my stats and put more in to stamina and use consumables to raise my health though. I'll also look at my skills and tweak them if needs be.

Regards

Seán
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro