Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Other crafting professions worth it?

DeccanWolf
DeccanWolf
Soul Shriven
I'm running a lvl 43 Khajiit stamina Nightblade. I use dw/b and I try to use only medium armor (passives are great, you know). I've really only felt the need to work on blacksmithing and clothing (for daggers and medium armor), which are both sitting at about 22. I haven't really decided to start power leveling the crafts yet. As bow is my secondary, I don't feel the need to master another craft just to make a new bow every once in a while. I just decided I could buy one, or trade for one (or of course loot one).

Am I wrong? Should I look into woodworking? What about the other crafting professions? I've heard provisioning and enchanting is essential for end-game pvp and pve. What about alchemy?

Thanks, in advance, for any answers I may get.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum area, this is my first post.)
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is good to be self sufficient. Start researching now as it will take a long time to master each craft.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree being able to make your own aromour & weapons is much easier/cheaper/satisfying

provisioning is a must - food/drinks are a must & the passives increase duration

Alchemy is great, the potions/poisons available to craft are (imo) far superior to your basic lootable/purchasable ones when it comes to end game content, again passives increase durations

enchanting again a must

all of this can eat a lot of skill points so do all your skill point quest/dungeons & grab all your skyshards
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on how you want to play the game really. I have all the crafting professions maxed out on all my alts. I am in 4 trading guilds, and it is how I make my gold. Being able to harvest max level matts is a good way to make gold they sell fast and more the most gold. Provisioning, alchemy, and enchanting provide items that all players can make use of, so are good for any player to learn.

Just because you are currently only using medium armor and metal weapons, doesn't mean that in the future you might want to use other types of gear. If you want to craft your own gear, it would be nice to have those skills ready when you make that decision. If you are willing to buy/trade with other players for items that you can not craft yourself, that's fine as well.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • DeccanWolf
    DeccanWolf
    Soul Shriven
    So, try to master as much as possible?
  • DeccanWolf
    DeccanWolf
    Soul Shriven
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    It really depends on how you want to play the game really. I have all the crafting professions maxed out on all my alts. I am in 4 trading guilds, and it is how I make my gold. Being able to harvest max level matts is a good way to make gold they sell fast and more the most gold. Provisioning, alchemy, and enchanting provide items that all players can make use of, so are good for any player to learn.

Just because you are currently only using medium armor and metal weapons, doesn't mean that in the future you might want to use other types of gear. If you want to craft your own gear, it would be nice to have those skills ready when you make that decision. If you are willing to buy/trade with other players for items that you can not craft yourself, that's fine as well.

Should I start loading up on crafting mats in my bank then?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeccanWolf wrote: »
    So, try to master as much as possible?
    There's no reason not to. Alchemy and provisioning go very fast, research happens in the background with very little player input and deconning is just a standard part of inventory management. You don't need to powerlevel if you don't want to, it'll level up naturally anyway.
  • DeccanWolf
    DeccanWolf
    Soul Shriven
    I've read that bow sucks in PvP compared to DW/2H. As I want to be doing mainly PvP on my first character, I'm thinking about replacing bow with 2H. Would there be any reason to continue leveling woodworking if I do not use anything that comes from it? Is it too late to switch to 2H? I'm guessing it would be a good idea to max level woodworking just so I can craft for alts?
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭

DeccanWolf wrote: »
    Vonovosi wrote: »

Should I start loading up on crafting mats in my bank then?

I would only hoard max level matts for later use. Any lower level matts you collect along the way should be refined. You probably hold on to the improvement matts that you get from refining for later use but you sell all the refined matts that you do not use. They sell pretty fast on PC NA in the traders.

As far as leveling weapon/armor skill lines, you should try and level all 3 armor skills, and a few different weapon types. You can level all armor skills by wearing at least 1 of each armor type as you level up to 50. If you get all the skill points in the game, and have the DLC's, you will have over 300 (not including those from PVP) That is enough to have a few different weapons mastered and plenty of points for crafting.

Another thing to consider about crafting is to research every unknown trait that you can in every skill line. If you craft some or all of your own gear, you will want to be crafting sets. All sets in the game require you to have a number (varies depending on set) of traits unlocked on each piece of gear you want to craft. Seeing that each research that you do doubles the time required, this is a long process. keep those research spots filled especially in the gear that you plan on using and make sure you learn the traits that you plan to utilize.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. More than enuf skill points in this game to pick up everything.

2. Crafting dailies are awesome. One daily = 600 gold (660 if ur eso+). I do 32 dailies across 6 toons. That means just for the turn ins, I get around 22k gold per day. In one week I can make about 150k. About 130k profit after subtracting cost of doing dailies.

3. Most dailies have a chance to give u a survey writ or a gold material. ( esp blacksmithing and enchanting). Each temper or kuta is worth about 6k. I typically get anywhere between 5-10 gold mats per craft each week. In terms of gold, just blacksmithing alone can award me an additional 36k per week.

4. Roll around in gold and $x$.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you want to level alchemy to level 50 as this will give you a passive that increases potions time to like 40seconds.

Provisioning with the right recipes can make you good gold by making and selling them in a Guild store.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning and Alchemy can be leveled quickly if you have collected the others.

For the other skills, I would recommend leveling them by deconstructing, and for blacksmithing/clothier/woodworking, always have your research running. Only put the skill points in the ones you really care about right now (skill points are a bit scarce at lower levels but plentiful at endgame).

This way everything is ready to go if you decide to do the crafts you have been avoiding.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS