The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Just a curiousity

KimberlyannKitsuragi
Will the client ever get updated? I have the 64-bit client and sometimes after I've been playing a while I'll get choppy sound when talking to NPCs or just running around I occasionally get crackly sounds in the background. My current sample rate with audio is 48000
Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apart from the currently missing SFX on live (which is fixed on the PTS), I've never encountered anything you're describing. Could you please post your Mac's specs (Apple Menu > About this Mac)?

• KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Apart from the currently missing SFX on live (which is fixed on the PTS), I've never encountered anything you're describing. Could you please post your Mac's specs (Apple Menu > About this Mac)?

Model Name: MacBook Air
    Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBA61.0099.B22
    SMC Version (system): 2.13f15
    Serial Number (system): C02NV0MTFN40
    Hardware UUID: 290DA1A4-7C39-531C-8066-5D58606E7D01

Devices:

Built-in Microphone:

Default Input Device: Yes
    Input Channels: 2
    Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
    Current SampleRate: 48000
    Transport: Built-in

Built-in Output:

Default Output Device: Yes
    Default System Output Device: Yes
    Output Channels: 2
    Transport: Built-in

Elements Organizer 12.0:

Input Channels: 2
    Output Channels: 2
    Transport: Unknown

Sorry wasn't entirely sure what you were looking for
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you run the most current version of OS X?

I'd wait until Update 11 (Shadows of the Hist) goes live, as it brings changes and fixes to the SFX system. In the meantime, you could try to turn the sound off and on again in the game's settings menu, to see whether this alleviates the problem.

• KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I run 10.11.5 since the new system doesn't get released till the fall. I'm taking a bit of a break from playing atm but I still browse the forums for stuff :) Thanks for your help and advice
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about that. I tried the PTS and yes, the sounds are back, but I also have a lot of awful noises and the background sounds are very exaggerated, I don't know what to expect on live.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."