Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Precise vs Sharpened vs Nirnhoned, gear in general.

Hartagon
Hartagon
✭✭✭
I am a dual wield/bow stamina Nightblade DPS... I just got to 160 champion points and I am about to craft my gear.

I am pretty broke though and I can only make one set of gear, for everything (I only really PvE though).

My filler is surprise attack, so I always have major fracture on the target. I have been doing my own little rudimentary tests between sharpened and precise. On just plain 160 human mobs in the Cadwell Gold area, with sharpened my sneak SA hit for about 25k and my precise sneak SA hit for about 23k (this was with like level 80 champion point gear mind you, I never upgraded after crafting a full set at like cp 80 all the way to now).

I assume mobs will only have more and more resistance onward right? Since these are just generic mobs and I seemingly fully benefit from the penetration? I already have like almost 80% crit even without precise... I am just worried about wasting that armor pen since it doesn't do anything if you fully penetrate their armor and have some left over.

Then there is nirnhoned... At first the absurd price made me not really want it, but then I remembered the dual wield passive that increases your weapon damage by 6% of your off hand's damage, plus the damage increase from the trait itself, so I would get a LOT of extra damage out of it. But it would cost me like 70k gold to have someone make it for me, and like I said, I am not a rich guy.

Then armor in general. I have been told to wear 5 pieces of medium, one piece of heavy, and one piece of light armor for the undaunted passive (which I don't have yet as I never get invited to dungeon groups and only ever tried the queue once, gave up after two hours of not getting into a dungeon). Another guy also recommended I wear two pieces of heavy to survive better. Which of those two is preferable (5-1-1 or 4-2-1)? Also how much health is enough? Currently with health enchants on my small pieces and stamina on my big pieces, I had about 15k hp which bumped up to 20k with food (once again, this is low level gear). Would it be ok to do that same spread or is it better to go all stamina on everything?

Just trying to work this all out because this is going to cost me everything I have and will likely never be replaced.

• Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    In a vacuum Sharpened is better than Nirnhoned, though if you have enough of other kinds of armor reduction, Nirnhoned probably gets the edge, since mitigation can't go negative. I would still probably go with Sharpened though.

If you were going to use the Undaunted passive, go either 5-1-1 or 5-2. Don't go 4-2-1. You'll lose 12% weapon damage that way. It's just not worth. However since your Undaunted rank is maxed yet and you have low CP, you should just go 7 medium (heck lots of people go 7 medium even with max CP). Don't forget that when you do level up your Undaunted you'll still get 2% Health/Magicka/Stamina for wearing 1 armor type, even if you're not wearing all three.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    7 medium makes no difference to damage though. The tool tip 5 or more doesn't change if you equip 6 or 7 items. I go 5 medium 2 heavy and still pull 4k damage.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I should have elaborated more. The benefits of 7 medium for low CP characters involve the increased weapon critical, stam recovery, and cost reduction, which offsets some of the other benefits you would get from higher CP.
  • Hibbou
    Hibbou
    ✭✭✭
    1 nirnhorn gives you more weap damage than 2 léki + you get to pick the weapon style, you are using dual wield, I suggest, you get one nirn, and one sharpened
  • Hartagon
    Hartagon
    ✭✭✭
    I opted for more survivability and went with two heavy, five medium. Sharpened on both my dual wield weapons.

Would these stats be ok for starting veteran pledges and stuff?

nik5Ofy.png

My gear is only purple since I don't have anywhere near enough money for yellows yet.

Also I made the boots heavy and not the chest because I think glass medium boots are stupid and I would rather take the small loss of mitigation on one piece than wear them :P

Thanks again.
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    You need more stamina recovery.
  • Hartagon
    Hartagon
    ✭✭✭
    flintstone wrote: »
    You need more stamina recovery.

With the heavy armor I get stamina back when I get hit, my off hand weapon enchant is absorb stamina, and I also have Siphoning Attacks on my bow bar. Plus I am usually heavy attack weaving with every melee ability.