Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is a heavy armor Magicka Templar feasible?

malicel
malicel
Hi Guys,

I am new to ESO and am doing a Templar. One weapon slot will be for healing (resto staff and restoring light) the other will be for damage utilizing Aedric spear with a sword and shield. HOw feasible is it to roll heavy armor with a magicka based Templar? Am I at a severe disadvantage for not going light armor? I want to play an off tank / healer role in both PvE and PvP. Any advice would be welcome. I chose Argonian by the way,
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a full-7 light armor mag templar, and am considering doing 2 pieces heavy. You can mix :) I'd say take a look at the passives for both armor weights, and try them out while leveling to see what suits you best. It's a good idea to have a mix of all weights while you are leveling so that when you get to endgame and know your character and playstyle better, you'll have everything leveled and unlocked.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • malicel
    malicel
    Yeah. That's what I am doing right now.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very feasible.
    PC EU
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need to "off-tank" while healing as an Argonian Templar. It is perfectly feasible, especially with upcoming changes, to be a full "heal-tank" which would serve you well in both PvE (specifically dungeons, not trials) and small group PvP.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently had a Heavy Armor Dragon Knight that was Magic based. It was a challenge, as you are forgoing all the sweet Light Armor passives that benefit a Caster (cost reduction, spell crits, spell penetration)

When I put this character into 5 Light/2 Heavy it was a huge difference in the game. So, if your wanting the Heavy Armor look, what you can do is go Heavy on Chest and Legs, then fill in the rest with Light. Pick the right Racial Style, and it looks like a full set of heavy armor too.

Then, for those times you want to Tank, and need or want the most mitigation possible, you can craft up or have crafted a set that 5 Heavy/2 Light in some Tank gear. Then, you just swap out the gear for each role.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"