Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where does one without DlC's get CP160 armor crafting mats?

The_Old_Goat
The_Old_Goat
✭✭✭✭✭
I just hit CP160 this morning and I'm still running around in CP140 gear and have been trying to gather those mats in preparation without much luck.

Best Answers

• Hibbou
    Hibbou
    ✭✭✭
    in cyro craglorn, surely, but are your skills up to the max lvl in crafting?
    Answer ✓
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting nodes in cyrodiil scale off of your max level on the toon harvesting, as well as that toons crafting level. If you have 10/10 points spent into blacksmithing, for example, on a level 50 CP160 toon, every node in Cyrodiil is a ruby node.

Other good places to go are dungeons. Any animals that drop leather drop rube do leather, and any weapons and armor dropped will be either cp140 (sell those) or cp150. Deco the 150, profit.

Hope this helps!
    Answer ✓
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hit CP160 this morning and I'm still running around in CP140 gear and have been trying to gather those mats in preparation without much luck.

1). Run dungeons scaled to CP160. You will get a mix of CP140 and CP160 gear from them and you can decon CP160 gear for mats. It is a slow process but you will start to stockpile CP160 mats.

2). Go into Cyrodiil and stick to edges of map and near your home keeps, looking for resource nodes. Places where you are least likely to be ganked by enemy players. Cyrodiil is really big. As long as you steer clear of battles and quest hubs, you will be able to farm in relative peace.

3). Go farm something you do have access to, like flowers. Sell your Columbine and Corn Flower and such for gold to buy CP160 mats. Or trade the flowers directly with other players for CP160 mats.
    Answer ✓
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... without DLCs your best bet is probably just running lots of veteran dungeons. Though, alternatively you could just farm up some gold and check guild traders for V15/16 mats to buy. It would be much faster than the Vet dungeon drop > decon grind.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    or just buy the mats in guild stores or guild traders, it is not cheap and you need a lot of it (for my medium cp160 armor I needed around 140 pieces for each armor piece, but it is doable
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Certain caves in Cyrodiil have an abundance of one type of mat sometimes. Capstone = Runes & Rubedite. Enemies respawn pretty quick which gets you some xp along the way.
    Fear is the Mindkiller