The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Unable to connect to the game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection"

WiseGuy25
WiseGuy25
Soul Shriven
Every time I attempt to choose my character It will never connect and it keeps telling me "Unable to connect to the game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection". Occasionally it will load my character but when it does I can't travel from Bleakrock Isle with out getting kicked from the game because its unable to connect to the game server. My internet connection is valid and I cannot figure out what the true problem is or what could be the solution.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually have this error all the time. Usually in PVP on Scourge PS4 EU. I usually freeze first. Everything freeze I mean. I continue to walk. Then kick to screen with this error.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, I get this all the time. The famous "it's not our fault, it must be yours" error that has nothing to do with my internet and everything to do with ZOS and their game crashing....
  • WiseGuy25
    WiseGuy25
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah it's annoying because it used to work fine and now I can't get it to function at all. On rare occasions It will work but 90% of the time its the same issue. None of the suggested solutions I have found worked either.
  • jcroop9
    jcroop9
    I have these issues, if they persist I might try a solution I figured out for my brother after the 1.14 patch where he could not login 100% of the time for a week. For the game to become playable he had to go to <setting/system storage management/saved data> and delete the ESO file. This does nothing more than lose your screen size and brightness for the most part, other option menu items i am guessing. It just clears out your console save file. Your characters are still there just as if you logged on to them on a friends console. I travel and constantly have to readjust screen size and brightness due to all hotel chains having different TV's. But i am not sure what other setting changes I have made. Sure they will come back to me once I delete the file. It's pretty benign and might help. Seems like the devs have not a clue so.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO, where we are perfect and every bug, crash, exploit, and performance issue is your fault! :p
  • vic4ert
    vic4ert
    +1
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    i saw your character on the crown store, almost bought it.
    2 templars - 1 cup