Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to be the Ultimate Assassin and another question.

SaintAemilian
Good morning,
Would anyone happen to know how to be a really great Assassin? They say that you can start the DB questline after you leave Coldharbour the first time, but it will be extremely difficult, unless you're using the Blade of Woe for ALL of your kills. I'm level 18, and I'm still having problems killing the main antagonist of this DLC, even though it claims to have set my level to the DLC's tier.

So obviously, quite a few levels are required before you get actually get into this. My question is, at what level should I start this DLC?

Second question: How would I level up my Stealth quickly besides doing that Thieves Guild skill line? I cannot complete all optional objectives of the Sacraments due to not being able to poison anyone. Oh, I can, but it starts a combat that ultimately leads to me being discovered. Is it even possible to one-hit kill enemies anymore without the Blade of Woe? Would be nice to do so at range. If it is, which weapon would be ideal?

Thanks in advance for anticipated responses from a Newbie!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you need to wait to do the DLC. How well you battle level depends on your gear and stats you have initially. Definitely be sure to be using food (like blue food to boost your health plus your main stat) and also ensure you are using gear that is for your level. Battle levelling makes it so if you wear gear below your level.. you are worse off than one would think.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SaintAemilian
    Thanks for responding!
    But how would I find gear that is for my level as I do this DLC? Although the gear I have seems to scale to my level, it doesn't actually seem to pack as much of a punch that I would have hoped
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing DB quests does not require that you have high damage. You can focus on being more stealthy instead with the Night Mother set jewelry.
    Also, if I remember correctly, killing the main antagonist (the one that stops time) requires that you break free from his stun (hold block, then attack to break free).

The best advice I can give you is to build as a Medium Armor stamina user.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<