Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

a lot of questions!!!

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I've just returned to TESO and I was very pleased to notice how many players are still around...looking healthy!!

So many things have changed and I'd be really grateful if some good soul was so kind to help me out:

1) Orsinium, Thieves, Dark Brotherhood - what are the main components I need to know about?

2) where do I find a list of the various updated armours, sets, objects and how to obtain them? so many people are quoting things i'm clueless about!!!

3) apart from the expansions, AvA and grinding Champ Points (which is already a lot) what can I do at LV50?

Thanks for now
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off, here's a handy thread from the ESO subreddit that sums up all the major updates.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/wiki/returning

When you play continuously sometimes when things were introduce tend to blur together.

This might give you an idea of the new sets:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

Wish I could be more help, but I still google ESO sets when looking up info. Some sites are outdated, but this one looks DB update current.

At max, aside from DLC, PvP, and Cadwell's silver/gold zones, pretty much the only thing left is group content.
    Edited by driosketch on June 12, 2016 5:55PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    First off, here's a handy thread from the ESO subreddit that sums up all the major updates.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/wiki/returning

When you play continuously sometimes when things were introduce tend to blur together.

This might give you an idea of the new sets:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

Wish I could be more help, but I still google ESO sets when looking up info. Some sites are outdated, but this one looks DB update current.

At max, aside from DLC, PvP, and Cadwell's silver/gold zones, pretty much the only thing left is group content.

awesome links, thank you!!
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for the links: absolutely spot on!!!

another couple questions: what's the maximum attribute points? and where should I start focusing if I want to gear up....I was VR1 before the last DLC; my gear is totally random

thanks again
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    thank you for the links: absolutely spot on!!!

another couple questions: what's the maximum attribute points? and where should I start focusing if I want to gear up....I was VR1 before the last DLC; my gear is totally random

thanks again

Max Attributes is 64.

Gear question is open ended. The answer will depend on your build, a combination of class, primary resource, role, pvp or pve, and your personal play style.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear question is open ended. The answer will depend on your build, a combination of class, primary resource, role, pvp or pve, and your personal play style.

good point..... I'm trying to use a magicka build.
    I'm using S+B and a staff
    So far I've placed all my points in Magicka but noticed I'm a bit low on health so I'm wondering....do I bump up health through glyphs? gear?

As a good old RPer I like the idea of heavy armour and quite tanky
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would still need to know your class. If you need more health put some points into health, you can also get Willpower jewelry with the health trait alot cheaper than magicka. DPS you'll want between 18k and 20k health when using food buffs. If you're trying to actually tank, you'll want atleast 30k, plus you'll need to have enough stamina to cover blocking.

If you plan to have the look of heavy armor but not actually tank, go heavy on chest and helm, light on the remaing five. Look up the crafted sets and get 5 pieces, shoes, pants, belt, gloves, and chest in the one you like best. Find out where you're lacking and find another set with good 2-4 peice bonuses that help and have the rest of your gear crafted in that. Your head and shoulders are also free to use a monster set if you like.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would still need to know your class. If you need more health put some points into health, you can also get Willpower jewelry with the health trait alot cheaper than magicka. DPS you'll want between 18k and 20k health when using food buffs. If you're trying to actually tank, you'll want atleast 30k, plus you'll need to have enough stamina to cover blocking.

If you plan to have the look of heavy armor but not actually tank, go heavy on chest and helm, light on the remaing five. Look up the crafted sets and get 5 pieces, shoes, pants, belt, gloves, and chest in the one you like best. Find out where you're lacking and find another set with good 2-4 peice bonuses that help and have the rest of your gear crafted in that. Your head and shoulders are also free to use a monster set if you like.

lol ....so sorry...Templar!!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol ....so sorry...Templar!!

Well if you try to go 5 piece heavy, definitely go with Seducer. Otherwise Julianos Law for your five piece. I mention Willpower for the jewlery. Check around the other magicka sets to fill in the rest of the bonuses based on your needs.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a good look at all the new stuff (amazing btw) but I'm really not sure where to start: I've reached CP 140 and now? Craglorn? new LDC?
    How do you guys choose where to go and what to do?

for the new DLC from Orsinium do I have to have a max lv character (former vr16) or are the areas accessible to any 50+ character?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 1, 2016 11:28PM
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a good look at all the new stuff (amazing btw) but I'm really not sure where to start: I've reached CP 140 and now? Craglorn? new LDC?
    How do you guys chose where to go and what to do?

for the new DLC from Orsinium do I have to have a max lv character (former vr16) or are the areas accessible to any 50+ character?

I do believe that there is no level requirement/restriction for Orsinium or the other DLCs so you can go there at any time. If your below max level your character's stats will be scaled up (based on equipment quality and attribute allotment) to compensate.
    Edited by Fruitmass on July 1, 2016 11:22PM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    If you are not happy how you spent your attribute points there is always the option of resetting them at the shrines:

Aldmeri Dominion - Elden Root city in Grahtwood
    Daggerfall Covenant - Wayrest city in Stormhaven
    Ebonheart Pact – Mournhold city in Deshaan

Link:
    http://elderscrollsonline.info/guides/how-to-reset-skills-and-attributes-in-eso

So don't worry if it's not ok with you the first time :smile:
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks guys!!

I'm really unsure where to go next but I have some ideas. I'm just curious about what you would do in my shoes pve wise:

1) go to one of the new areas because of the gear that may drop there?
    2) start with Caldwell stuff first?
    What guided your choices?