Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vicious Serpent Set

MrTarkanian48
MrTarkanian48
✭✭✭✭
It was my understanding that this set dropped from Sanctum Ophidia

I have run normal SO several times now and received Viper/Dreugh King/Elegant set drops and no Vicious Serpent.

Does it only drop in vet? Am I just unlucky? Does the jewelry drop from all bosses, or just the last boss?

Any details on how to acquire this set, would be much appreciated. Also if their are specific things you can do to get higher quality please explain.
Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
Altmer NB (DPS)
Imperial DK (Tank)
Redguard DK (DPS)
Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youre just unlucky.
    You're supposed get a piece of random set from every boss (+a chance for any random boots from trash packs).
    The only loot difference between normal and vet is that in normal Serpent fight you're getting either a random weapon from any SO set or random jewelry piece (purple quality), and in veterant hardmode you're always getting 2 golden jewelry piece (one bound and one sellable) + once a week it drops a useless item that can be sold for 10k gold to any merchant.
    Also every week on every character you can get a coffer (quest reward) that drops any random item from the loot table.

I personally havent noticed any drop differences between normal and vet for any bosses except Serpent. Even more so - almost all divine pieces I got were from normal. But the last boss, the Serpent, is just a lottery. Even with guaranteed jewelry drops in vet hardmode it might take a while to get the items you need.

Also drops follow the same pattern as IC dungeons etc. For example, first boss drops chest pieces and hats (i think) etc.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 29, 2016 10:15PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard (from this guy I know) that the drop rate of the bound set pieces, VO, Infallible Aether, and Eternal Yokuda, is slightly higher in Vet version. No idea if its true. If you want gold jewelry, get your VSOHM farm on. You get one bound piece every run and one piece to sell. Probably the most lucrative thing in the game at the moment.