Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Discussion][Xbox] Not seeing red circles anymore for AOE?

LUC1D7
LUC1D7
✭✭
I noticed this the other day. I was doing daily world boss' in wrothgar. I was soloing this one boss and it kept killing me. I thought it was odd and didn't think much of it (It was the chief). I just assumed I was off a bit.

Moved on to the next World Boss daily. This time I get the dwemer boss. Same thing started happening. I think noticed that I saw a slight animation on the ground and realized that it wasn't turning red to show me AOEs to stay out of. It killed me several times because of this. I finally realized the red indicators for enemy AOE wasn't showing at all.

Side Note: With the dwemer boss when he does his spin with his arms out. If I get hit just once it auto CCs me (which is fine) but you can't break CC even with full stam and it just locks you there until he kills you.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? If so, is it only with wrothgar world bosses? I want to get back into working on undaunted but if this is happening all over the place I won't be able to do anything like this

Best Answer

• LUC1D7
    LUC1D7
    ✭✭
    Turns out I had combat cues turned off. I'm an idiot.
    Answer ✓
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LUC1D7 wrote: »
    I noticed this the other day. I was doing daily world boss' in wrothgar. I was soloing this one boss and it kept killing me. I thought it was odd and didn't think much of it (It was the chief). I just assumed I was off a bit.

Moved on to the next World Boss daily. This time I get the dwemer boss. Same thing started happening. I think noticed that I saw a slight animation on the ground and realized that it wasn't turning red to show me AOEs to stay out of. It killed me several times because of this. I finally realized the red indicators for enemy AOE wasn't showing at all.

Side Note: With the dwemer boss when he does his spin with his arms out. If I get hit just once it auto CCs me (which is fine) but you can't break CC even with full stam and it just locks you there until he kills you.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? If so, is it only with wrothgar world bosses? I want to get back into working on undaunted but if this is happening all over the place I won't be able to do anything like this

I've noticed this happening in vet dungeons as well. It doesn't always happen, but it happens often enough to make my healer to earn his paycheck (which admittedly, is not very much. I'm looking at you, properous and training traits!).
  • LUC1D7
    LUC1D7
    ✭✭
    Dang. That's what I was afraid of. Was hoping it was isolated to wrothgar. This means no dungeons or VMAs for me for a bit. I been living in the sewers lately leveling alts so I have been sheltered from most of the bugs since dark brotherhood.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens everywhere, although not consistently. Also sometimes other people can see the red under you but you can't.

My group was getting annoyed with me constantly asking them to step out of the red until we finally figured out what was happening. We couldn't see the red near us but could see everyone else's, so we just had to spread out and call out when red appeared.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS