Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writs out of Wrothgar

Daishichi
Daishichi
✭✭✭
There have probably been other posts to this effect, but the crashing in Orsinium has made the issue urgent.

Turning in top-level writs in Wrothgar makes no sense. It's a scaled zone, no more veteran than beginner. If the logic was that it was the newest zone, then the writ drop should have moved to Hew's Bane and now the Gold Coast.

The veteran writs should be turned in at Belkarth:
  1. It's the only vet-only zone.
  2. The surveys earned from writs would be for Craglorn, which get you the V9-V14 materials needed for future writs...
  3. ...plus a chance at nirncruxes.

This can be fixed with five seconds worth of coding; it's already in effect for all those who don't own the Orsinium DLC.

I'm so done with Wrothgar...even the daily delve/boss xp isn't worth setting foot in that broken zone.
Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
Xbox One NA
Grand Master Crafter
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm all for having top-tier writ turn-ins in Craglorn IF the surveys dropped ruby mats and NOT void mats. I DO NOT want to do top-tier writs only to get rewarded with surveys for the previous tier.

Until the crashing is fixed (I think this is really only a console issue), use the following workaround:

1. Pick up and complete your writs in Belkharth.
    2. Travel to the Shatul Wayshrine in Wrothgar and ride to the Orsinium entrance where the writ drop-off location is (this takes you through the guild traders).
    3. Drop off your writs and high-tail it out of there! You may even want to disable your pet, take off any costumes, and just walk in (rather than riding in).

EDIT: The whole crafting writ system needs an overhaul, in my opinion. We should be able to pick up writs from ANY writ board and turn in to ANY drop-off location. Just leave the whole "story" part out of it. The writ requirements and rewards, including the surveys, should be scaled to your crafting level. It's fine if they want to keep the surveys where they are (so that ruby mats are found in Wrothgar, e.g.).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 23, 2016 5:50PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on Xbox? I heard there are stability issues with Wrothgar on that platform. I know on the PC, that zone is stable and never crashes on me. There were some issues a while back, but they have not happened since.

As for Turning In Writs, it would be nice if we could turn them in anywhere in our Alliance. But, then what will happen is everyone in AD will do writs in Rawkla, Shadowfen for EP and not sure where for DC, probably Rivenspire. Now, the population gets spread around the map.

But Belkarth? I shudder at the thought. First, there are the two whining NPCs (Caravaner and dude trying to sell Jewelry), then wait to log out when parking a character there. It is nicely laid out for writs, but it is still not a town I want to spend much time in.

Edited by Nestor on June 23, 2016 5:51PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm all for turning in writs anywhere...but I thought I would aim very low when asking the devs to do anything. Defaulting to Craglorn is already in effect for those without the DLC, so getting us out of Wrothgar would take a few keystrokes. Surely Zenimax can bark that order at an intern from atop their pile of gold.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm all for having top-tier writ turn-ins in Craglorn IF the surveys dropped ruby mats and NOT void mats. I DO NOT want to do top-tier writs only to get rewarded with surveys for the previous tier.

This I have to disagree with: the top level writs require at least twice as much V9-V14 mats as they do V15-V16, and, since they scaled mats in all the DLC zones, I always have tons of Ruby Ash, Rubetite and Ancestor Silk, while I keep having to buy stacks of Voidcloth, Voidsteel and Nightwood. Seriously, you could get all the V15-V16 mats you need within five minutes and fifty feet of a wayshrine in Orsinium, Hew's Bane or Gold Coast, and it now sells cheaper than V9-V14 mats.

As for annoying NPCs...now that's a contract I'd take from the Dark Brotherhood. If I have to hear about Finedrin and his lack of proper repentancve one more time...
    Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • DT05
    DT05
    I made the mistake of fast travelling into Orsinium & it took a while to escape due to dcing 6 times.
    I now do writs in hews bane then walk into Orsinium & hand them in. I havnt dared go past the writ boxes location which is a shame because ive got 2 quests to hand in so I can carry on with the dlc. :neutral:
    DC DK Pure Tank that can dps.
    part of the "A-Team" "Drift"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daishichi wrote: »
    Oh, I'm all for turning in writs anywhere...but I thought I would aim very low when asking the devs to do anything. Defaulting to Craglorn is already in effect for those without the DLC, so getting us out of Wrothgar would take a few keystrokes. Surely Zenimax can bark that order at an intern from atop their pile of gold.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

This I have to disagree with: the top level writs require at least twice as much V9-V14 mats as they do V15-V16, and, since they scaled mats in all the DLC zones, I always have tons of Ruby Ash, Rubetite and Ancestor Silk, while I keep having to buy stacks of Voidcloth, Voidsteel and Nightwood. Seriously, you could get all the V15-V16 mats you need within five minutes and fifty feet of a wayshrine in Orsinium, Hew's Bane or Gold Coast, and it now sells cheaper than V9-V14 mats.

As for annoying NPCs...now that's a contract I'd take from the Dark Brotherhood. If I have to hear about Finedrin and his lack of proper repentancve one more time...

Well, I guess since I do all my writs in Craglorn (i.e. that's where I pick them up and craft what's required before going to Orsinium to turn them in), I just make a quick loop around Belkarth and find all the void I need. Plus, when I get a survey, that tops me off. For me, the top-tier writs use less mats overall, so I'd rather do them. And, as you say, Ruby is easy to get, so I can still complete the writs and build up my Ruby stash. To each his own. :)
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    I subbed because of the crafting bag. Wrothgar writ turn-in made me seriously contemplate how badly I needed that bag.

I just recently bought a new gaming laptop. Wrothgar is no longer the three legged race through molasses anymore. But I STILL wish I could turn in writs in Craglorn.

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shatul Wayshrine is your best friend when turning in Writs.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just make the zone to turn in the writs whichever zone people accept the quests from. Pick a board in Orsinium, get writs there. Pick a board in Craglorn, get writs there. Problem solved.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they made turn-in in either of the new areas, wrothgar exclusivly after this much time on 3 master crafters a day is getting boring...
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My crafter has been marooned in wrothgar for days now. Crashes each time I try to load him, and no response on my support ticket. :(
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the consensus here, its ridiculous that people who bought the Wrothgar DLC or who subscribe to ESO plus essentially get punished for it by not having a chance at getting Nirncrux
    Edited by Adzer2 on June 29, 2016 3:43PM
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight