The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Surge crit heals and pets

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can you change Surge and its morphs to heal the sorc pets for the same amount when you get healed by it?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you change Surge and its morphs to heal the sorc pets for the same amount when you get healed by it?

GENIUS! why has nobody else mentioned this in the sorc thread?

also increase the base heal amount to 5k.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good start would be, to make it so that pets can proc surge :)
    They are our abilities and yet they have nothing to do with us. They are not affected by our CP and proc nothing for us.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd go for 3.5k and leave it unaffected from Battle Spirit, like we had with PTS Patch 2.4.2
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd go for 3.5k and leave it unaffected from Battle Spirit, like we had with PTS Patch 2.4.2

Something that could help a liddle, is that Blood Magic heals should be able to critical heal.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

make it 4k and we have a deal :p
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One step at a time, guys. If we can get this to affect pets at least they can survive a little longer.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are we in this thread talking about pets in PVP ?
    or in general ?
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would also help stamina builds to use pets and non conjured ward builds in general.

BTW what is the heal difference between critical and power surge now? Is it less than 500hps now? If so, plz buff critical surge in some way to make the choice relevant.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    This would also help stamina builds to use pets and non conjured ward builds in general.

BTW what is the heal difference between critical and power surge now? Is it less than 500hps now? If so, plz buff critical surge in some way to make the choice relevant.

If something, then power surge is in need of a buff :D not critical surge. Look at the pitiful heal of power surge.
    Not saying that both couldn't use a buff.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Making Blood Magic crit sounds like a great idea!

For Blood Magic I also posted a Suggestion some time ago, which could maybe help, too.
    How to improve Blood Magic:

Old Tooltip: Restore 8% max Health when a dark magic ability is used against an enemy
    New Tooltip: Restore 12% max Health when a dark magic ability is used.

- Even if it still doesnt proc multiple times, it atleast works on every single ability from Dark Magic and overall proc more often
    - Dark Exchange procs it now aswell and the heal + Blood Magic proc at same time is like a buff to Dark Exchange itslf (which is needed)
    - Defensive Rune now also grants the heal, even if the attacking Enemy is cc immune
    - (Obviously) more Healing
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Making Blood Magic crit sounds like a great idea!

For Blood Magic I also posted a Suggestion some time ago, which could maybe help, too.
    How to improve Blood Magic:

Old Tooltip: Restore 8% max Health when a dark magic ability is used against an enemy
    New Tooltip: Restore 12% max Health when a dark magic ability is used.

- Even if it still doesnt proc multiple times, it atleast works on every single ability from Dark Magic and overall proc more often
    - Dark Exchange procs it now aswell and the heal + Blood Magic proc at same time is like a buff to Dark Exchange itslf (which is needed)
    - Defensive Rune now also grants the heal, even if the attacking Enemy is cc immune
    - (Obviously) more Healing

This is a very nice idea. Proc on activation is always better than proc on hit, since things like crystal shard will most likely be dodged or reflected anyway.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane Actually it was a question as I can't recall what the hps differences are between the two morphs, but my recollection was that it was so low that even stamina builds might go with Power Surge to buff some ultimates (ranged ones tbh).
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    @Dracane Actually it was a question as I can't recall what the hps differences are between the two morphs, but my recollection was that it was so low that even stamina builds might go with Power Surge to buff some ultimates (ranged ones tbh).

No, the opposite. Magicka builds go for crit surge because it heals for much more.
    Power Surge is not desireable. There is no reason to take it over entropy atm.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane didn't Power Surge get a healing buff just as db went live and critical surge get nothing making Power Surge only about 500hps behind critical surge?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    are we in this thread talking about pets in PVP ?
    or in general ?

This is for all sorcs who want to use the pets, but can't keep them alive in meaningful ways. I use mine to farm Dolmens and if they face off a Daedroth then they die a couple times, the Twilight dies when they get swarmed by 2 mobs. If they can heal the same time I do, then their survival rate goes up based on how aggressively active I am.