Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11, Featuring Shadows of the Hist: Launch Details"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
0d457f0ee76e6b0ba364231519e4e71c.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 11, Featuring Shadows of the Hist: Launch Details.

Update 11 introduces Shadows of the Hist—a DLC Dungeon Pack that includes two all-new four-player dungeons—the Style Parlor, Costume Dyeing, and of course the base-game patch. In this article, we discuss pricing, release dates, and details for these features and more.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Please note, the article is taking a little longer than usual to populate on the page - if you don't see it right away, give it five minutes.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Page can not be found?

Edit; Just saw the additional note. Thanks, Jessica!
    Edited by JD2013 on June 28, 2016 3:28PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND

Yep, see my note right above your post...
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a "page cannot be found" error when clicking on the link.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh whoops I was beaten to it all good!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a pretty cool page not found page though.

*refreshes*

Okay, it's kinda cool that the background changes with every refresh... lol
    Edited by MissBizz on June 28, 2016 3:31PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    There's a problem with our web push. Sorry, everyone. The Web team is working on it. We're going to close this thread for now, and re-open it once it's fixed and this article is visible.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    The article is now live. Apologies for the delay everyone.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    How much will the DLC be without the bundle?:3
    Edited by Rajajshka on June 28, 2016 5:04PM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How much will the DLC be without the bundle?:3
    The Shadows of the Hist DLC Dungeon Pack will be included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member, or your membership lapses, you can purchase the Shadows of the Hist DLC Dungeon Pack for 1,500 crowns in the ESO Crown Store.

A Shadows of the Hist DLC Dungeon Pack Collector's Bundle will also be available in the Crown Store for 2,500 crowns. It includes the two new dungeons, Cradle of Shadows and Ruins of Mazzatun, the Hist Guar mount, the Haj Mota Hatchling pet, and five Crown Experience Scrolls.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Improved Undaunted reward chests (Gold, Silver, and Bronze)"

I see this is listed again, but the improvements made to Undaunted chests were part of the Dark Brotherhood patch. Or is this just considering the two new shoulders to be the improvements? Is there any chance at getting updated versions of the Undaunted sets to drop in CP160 (and, preferably, with their motifs updated to Merc)?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what are the prices of the Race + Appearance Change and other tokens? Did I miss something?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    game features only available through cash shop, :( nasty
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price for just these dungeons is a bit ridiculous, tbh. Imperial City was 1000 and had two dungeons plus the city and the sewers. Just from pure content implementation alone, this is objectively and unequivocally not worth the price. Not to mention, keeping us in the dark about the new style shop features prices is not a good sign either.
    Edited by dimensional on June 28, 2016 5:48PM
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price for just these dungeons is a bit ridiculous, tbh. Imperial City was 1000 and had two dungeons plus the city and the sewers. Just from pure content implementation alone, this is objectively and unequivocally not worth the price. Not to mention, keeping us in the dark about the new style shop features prices is not a good sign either.
    Imperial City was 2,500.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I accidentally mistyped what I meant to say. So Imperial City's districts, sewers, and quest line were just worth 1,000 crowns, while the Imperial Prison and White-Gold Tower dungeons were 1,500?
    Edited by dimensional on June 28, 2016 5:55PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this! And its released on my birthday too :D Going to change a few things on my main character with appearance change. Looking forward to the changes in the base game patch, especially changes to the clothing surveys, CP cap increase and BOP trading! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now that I think about it more, Orsinium is 3k crowns.... so you're telling me two group dungeons is worth half the price of Orsinium? D:

Some sort of official statement or transparency regarding these pricing decisions would be super appreciated. I am a huge fan and big supporter of this game with my money and a little post on this doesn't sound too unreasonable. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by dimensional on June 28, 2016 6:17PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "The ability to trade bind-on-pickup items to group members in dungeons and Trials"

wow!! finally ZOS :), thank you!!!
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DLC seems really overpriced. For 1500 you're only getting two dungeons and a personality. That's it. Orsinium was a whole zone chock full of content and it was only 3000. I value these two dungeons at 500 at best honestly.

I really feel that the next DLC is mostly one big cash shop update. For people like me who don't fuss endlessly about silly little cosmetics like eyelashes or sparkly dresses there is nothing much to look forward to. Also don't like how you tied costume dyeing to subscriptions only, and the fact that the only way to change name/race/appearance is using real money. Really feels like nickel and diming to me. I don't like it.

I welcome character customization options, but not when they're locked behind paywalls. Give us a way to earn them in game please.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
    >1.5k for 2 dungeons

ayy lmao
    I'm a roleplayer through and through, questions regarding that are always welcome!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything worthwhile with this update is in the base game patch.

I'll pass.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The DLC seems really overpriced. For 1500 you're only getting two dungeons and a personality. That's it. Orsinium was a whole zone chock full of content and it was only 3000. I value these two dungeons at 500 at best honestly.

I really feel that the next DLC is mostly one big cash shop update. For people like me who don't fuss endlessly about silly little cosmetics like eyelashes or sparkly dresses there is nothing much to look forward to. Also don't like how you tied costume dyeing to subscriptions only, and the fact that the only way to change name/race/appearance is using real money. Really feels like nickel and diming to me. I don't like it.

I welcome character customization options, but not when they're locked behind paywalls. Give us a way to earn them in game please.

well look at TG and DB DLC, 2500 they were for if I remember correcttly, so 1500 is not that bad for me personaly. but yes, it is similar to dro-ma-tra senche for 4000 :smiley:
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    So I guess we're not going to hear how much these tokens cost until the next ESO live?

I was all like "Pricing! Yeah, let me see how much these tokens are going to cost me to change pretty much all my characters." But no... pricing incomplete.

I didn't see a price for dye stamps either, but I don't care about those. (Does anyone?)

As long as the price for tokens is low, or at least low for a limited time (considering some of us have been stuck with characters as is since release), I'll be happy.

August 1st release is fantastic - thought it might be later. Hist guar looks cool.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

well look at TG and DB DLC, 2500 they were for if I remember correcttly, so 1500 is not that bad for me personaly. but yes, it is similar to dro-ma-tra senche for 4000 :smiley:

Yeah but the thing is TG and DB has a lot more to offer than just two group dungeons. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure these dungeons are great fun, masterfully crafted and a joy to experience but you can't really compare this DLCs price to value ratio versus the others.

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they clearly want you/us to be ESO+ members. :) That way every dlc is free to use as long as you are subscribed.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Well, they clearly want you/us to be ESO+ members. :) That way every dlc is free to use as long as you are subscribed.

Except you're still paying for it, so it's not free.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

IC: 2500
    Orsinium: 3000
    TG: 2000
    DB: 2000

I just don't see how two dungeons can be almost as much as TG, which had lots of repeatable as well as quest content and a new trial with normal and veteran modes.
    But what actually annoys me is that on top, they expect us to pay for the other main feature coming with this update as well, appearance and races changes. If SotH was <=1000 crowns, I'd be more likely to spend additional crowns on these new features. At the least, I would have expected to find appearance change tokens in the bundle with SotH, but nope. Just EXP scrolls again.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • HELLB0UNDH0UND
    I always visit the forum discussions about new releases to see the butthurt. If you don't like the price of the new DLC or the features that come with it, don't spend your money. No one is forcing your hand here. But please, continue to leave ANGRY COMMENTS! Oh, and make sure you type them in ALL CAPS so they know you mean BUSINESS!

Personally, I can't wait for this update. I've regretted making my stamplar an Imperial since his creation and can't wait to change him to a Redguard :grin:
    Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA