The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Personalities

Drelkag
Drelkag
✭✭✭
For anyone that was watching the Twitch stream today they showed off the Assassin personality for changing walking/running/idle poses and a few emotes. Was just wanting ZOS to know this is something I'd pay for and hope it isn't just a one and done kind of thing. Would love to see some more such as Drunk, Guard, and Noble to list a few.
@drelkag on the NA server
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    They said during the stream that, though they only have Assassins available currently, they ARE working on more personalities to come later, and want suggestions from us on what we would like.

I really like the idea of Drunk and Noble, though I'm not sure if you mean noble as in rick person or a brave person. I talked with a friend, and we agreed that we would LOVE to see:

* mage personality, where the idle animation has them practicing magic, levatating food and use fire to warm themselves when /cold.
    * dramatic personality, with all the emotional emotes kicked up to eleven, like /laugh, /cry, /angry, etc..
    * muscle personality, with the character using as many opportunities to flex their muscles as the animators can animate. Yes, even when they specifically have NO muscles.

I hope personalities will be a balance of Crown Store and reward, if they will appear in Crown Store at all.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said some of these in another thread, but some more ideas:

- Ones for the other guilds (mage, fighter, undaunted adventurer, thief).
    - Werewolf and vampire
    - Alliance/soldier type ones
    - Bard
    - Priest

There are a few used by characters in Hew's Bane which could be cool as well - like how Percius Loche fans himself, Silver-Claw walks with his hands together, Walks-Softly preens, Quen has unusual ways of sitting etc.

Edit: Oh I forgot in Orsinium how Forge-Mother Alga used to walk with a stick and twirl it around as she spoke.
    Edited by ListerJMC on May 7, 2016 12:28PM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want a confident warrior like this guy's style.

200_s.gif
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    --Some kind of brawler/pick fights sort of personality could be fun
    --High ranking nobility was mentioned but I'd like to throw my vote in for that too
    --Some kind of cowardly cringes-at-everything personality
    --An exceedingly cheerful and joyful personality
    --An exceedingly downtrodden and muted personality
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial personalities.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the addition of personalities was one of the best ideas ZOS had regarding character customization. I hope we get new ones on a regular basis so we can have a big number of different personalities available ASAP.

I hope the ones they put on the Crown Store are not too expensive, too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was pleasantly surprised when they showed Personalities off in the Live show! :) Definitely want Werewolf and Vampire ones. Looking forward to seeing what others they come up with!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    I want a kawaii personality.

I wanna be adorable :3
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Is there going to be much difference than the addon that does currently?
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure about personality traits alone per se (cool though), but I would like more /emotes to play with. And why is there no /joke emote. I would love if there was and the jokes were based of the race, gender and/or class of your character. That would be awesome! Oh, and a /flirt emote (also based on race and gender), because everyone loves seeing that from a character that just pwned you in PVP lol. But yeah more personality to ones character and emotes would be very cool and vastly entertaining...especially when waiting for a group for trial runs to come together :D
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lookstwice wrote: »
    There aren't any add-ons that add new animations like this Personality does, as that would not be possible.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Drelkag
    Drelkag
    ✭✭✭

If there is an addon that changes animations you would be the only one to see it since it's client side. These will be seen by all.
    @drelkag on the NA server
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are thinking of the one that makes your character execute certain emotes when idle, right?

Yes, Personalities are pretty different. They don't make your character do emotes. Instead, they change some emotes, add some idle animations (not emotes) and change our character's stance.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a personality like those I see all over the AD... where you insult anyone who walks by. This gets quite annoying since it makes everyone in AD seem like they have a huge chip on their shoulder. Why ZOS had to make so many NPCs saying insulting things to passing players I don't understand. The only time I ever hear them say anything good is in reference to something I personally did, like 'saving the queen' and even then sometimes it can be an insult 'Naemon should have been crowned'.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personality for the archetypes would be cool, we have assassin, now a warrior and mage would be cool too.
    Edited by Farorin on May 14, 2016 11:59AM
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Idle Animations addon is what you're looking for. It has different "personalities" you can choose from that play existing emotes when idle for x amount of time. You can also customize it to play which emotes you want and how long they are active.
    PC/EU DC
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

You are thinking of the one that makes your character execute certain emotes when idle, right?

Yes, Personalities are pretty different. They don't make your character do emotes. Instead, they change some emotes, add some idle animations (not emotes) and change our character's stance.

Yes I was and thank you for the clarification. :) I'm excited to see them now.

Edit: Just noticed others answered the question as well and thanks.
    Edited by lookstwice on May 17, 2016 4:26AM
  • KATObloodpaw
    KATObloodpaw
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love a drunkard personality, along with a spiritual personality (idle could be prayers and rituals)and a curious/explorer personality.(idle could be studying flowers with magnifying glass)
    GT:Shock Value1134
  • GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    I would also love a drunk personality. Idle could be trying to stay standing while drinking from a tankard, wiping your mouth, then burping and farting. Greeting emote could just be one long burp, while waving your arm frantically. And more stuff like that.
    PC: @Cyffr
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reposting from an older thread:
    I have one request which I'd really like to see with the implementation of personalities.

Please make them relate to the constellations. I don't mean make them obtainable through the Mundus stones, but rather just name them after the constellations of the Tamriel and have those personalities be thematically linked. In the Elder Scrolls world, the Constellations correlate to a birth sign, much like the zodiac in our own astrology, and these links relate to a persons personality; which makes this wholly appropriate. Admittedly, this would require renaming the one we'e already getting, but that's such a minor change in order to create a really cool link between a game feature and the world itself.

For instance:

The Shadow (Assassin) -- The Shadow would take the place of the Assassin personality slated for release with Dark Brotherhood.

The Mage -- Is, well a Mage. He's confident and opinionated but he's got better things to do than associate with the common rabble.

The Lord -- The Lord is more refined than your average adventurer. He is well versed in etiquette and culture. He's proud and stately but not above kindness. He can be spotted tossing coins to beggars in order to make them go away.

The Lover -- The Lover is a seductress. She makes the boys uncomfortable because while she's alluring she knows what she wants and plays by her own rules.

The Ritual -- The Ritual is secretive a covetous. Like the Mage, he knows he his powerful, but he hides within himself. His knowledge is his own.

The Thief -- Is similar to the Shadow, but more laid back, less weapon oriented. Less menacing.

The Atronach -- The Atronach is, well the Atronach is surprisingly down to earth. He's just a regular Joe trying to get by.

The Tower -- The Tower is stalwart and stoic. He stands up straight, chest out, shoulder back. He is a bastion of strength and power.

The Lady -- Is the more effeminate version of the Lord. Courtly and courteous, she's nurturing but authoritative. Respectful and respected.

The Warrior -- The Warrior is a grizzled veteran. He's the mercenary. He's seen some sh!t and has a dozen war stories he could tell at the drop of a hat.

The Apprentice -- The Apprentice is like the Mage, but more humble, studious. He has questions rather than answers, which makes him friendly and outgoing.

The Steed -- The Steed is the athlete. Ready to go at a moments notice. Nothing makes them happier than getting up early and going for a run. Their idle animations would involve lots of stretching and moving about; like a jogger waiting on a crosswalk. They're insufferable.

In all, I think sticking to the constellation theme for personalities would not only provide a wide array of choices for players, but also help prevent the drift I'm starting to see from incredibly unique MMORPG, to just-another-fantasy-RPG. A small detail which would bring ESO back to it's Elder Scrolls roots.

-- Sheds-His-Tail

"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Dark_Dread
    Dark_Dread
    ✭✭
    Be carefull what you wish for. The assassin personality is conflicting with alot of other actions such as dromathra senche summon, fishing, mining, jumping and ithers.

I made a post and a suggestion that would fix theese problems but it got ignored. It does not seem like they are going to fix the animation conflics so having other personalies equiped may just ruin alot of other animations for you.
    "Any man can overcome adversity. To truly test a man, give him power."(Thornwolf, Rowan Redwolf~AD)
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now, *Limited Edition Personalities*
    They'll sell like hot cakes.