Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Bash

888and888
888and888
✭✭✭
I'm probably going to look a bit dumb, but I'm still learning this game and I guess I can only ask when I can't solve a doubt myself.
I've started a toon that uses one-hand and shield, so I've searched the web for some info on what skill to use. I've found more than post talkingaabout "Bash", one guy has written you have to push the attack button while holding down the block button to perform an attack with your shield. It doesn't work for me... It was true in the past and now I can't use bash anymore except when I use the appropriate skill in the 1h and shield skill line?
Thank you.
Edited by 888and888 on June 24, 2016 4:54PM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you read is correct. To bash, first you block, and while holding block you hit the attack button. There are no light or heavy bashes, so you just have to hit the attack button, there's no benefit to holding it.

If it's not working for you... Maybe first make sure it's showing the glowing shield it now shows when you are blocking? Bashing is also a close range attack only.

You can bash with any weapon (and probably while unarmed, too) so you don't need to have a shield equipped.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    888and888 wrote: »
    I'm probably going to look a bit dumb, but I'm still learning this game and I guess I can only ask when I can't solve a doubt myself.
    I've started a toon that uses one-hand and shield, so I've searched the web for some info on what skill to use. I've found more than post talkingaabout "Bash", one guy has written you have to push the attack button while holding down the block button to perform an attack with your shield. It doesn't work for me... It was true in the past and now I can't use bash anymore except when I use the appropriate skill in the 1h and shield skill line?
    Thank you.

Bash can be used with more then just the shield. I have used it with dual 1h swords.

Check your key bindings.

Also if you are on a Mac and using a magic track pad or magic mouse you can't left and right click at the same time. The left command button will shield bash.
    Options
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm... What both of you have said ring a bell: is Bash the same thing as Interrupt?
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    888and888 wrote: »
    Uhm... What both of you have said ring a bell: is Bash the same thing as Interrupt?

Yes.

Right when you get hit with a heavy attack or to interrupt a spell. When you hit them and daze them.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can get confusing sometimes, because not everyone distinguishes between bashing (informal) and Power Bash (the 1H&S skill, formal). In most cases, people are referring to the former, which as described in the post above is the same as interrupt.

bash (informal) = interrupt = any weapon
    Power Bash (formal) = 1h&s skill, with damage and CC component (depending on morph)
    Edited by Autolycus on June 24, 2016 7:55PM
    Options
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also to add, the standard bash/interrupt uses stamina (well so does the power bash skill but still). If you don't have enough stamina you won't be able to bash/interrupt.
    Edited by Fruitmass on June 25, 2016 2:13AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always makes me happy to read posts like this, as players are trying to learn the important mechanics of the game; mechanics that are relatively unique to ESO.

Learn when and where to bash and interrupt, and you'll have an amazingly powerful skill at your disposal that you can use with any weapon combination, and one that will save you and your friends more than once in the tougher dungeons in the game.

Well done for asking.

Edited by Rev Rielle on June 25, 2016 8:42AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for your answers, actually I did know about the interrupt but I was not aware most players called it Bash. About the mechanics, it seems that the game prioritize Block above Interrupt, so if you push both left and right buttons, the game simply block, so you have, as suggested, block and then hit left button.
    I do appreciate your help!
    Edited by 888and888 on June 26, 2016 8:20AM
    Options
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank youuuuu ;_____; wanted to know what bash means since a long time, google searched it and just couldnt believe thats what it means xD
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    I think most players use "bash" because it's what the combat log says, I'vr just noticed it :)
    Options