The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anyone figured out a work-around for the Debacle of Constant Crashing in Elden Root?

Ilawynde
Ilawynde
✭✭✭
GT Ilawynde
Character Death Wynde lvl 23
XBONE NA
AD

Rolling a new character.............need to continue the Fighters Guild quest......meeting Sees-All_Colors

Also need to start The Big Tree for the Queen!

One thought I had was totally bypassing the tree and just keep leveling until I need to move into Malabol Tor..or whatever to continue the main quest AND
maybe come back when this character reaches lvl 50 etc.

One could complete the MAIN QUEST without completing all the little side doo-dahs and just keep trucking! Right?

Will this work ?

Any suggestions are welcome........................ other than quitting the game for six months and coming back to see if they've finally fixed it!

Although that option has some appeal.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to do any of the side quests. I didn't on my 2nd character.

You can also skip the faction quests in Grahtwoot, and come back to it later. In this case, you would travel to Marbruk in Greenshade and start there. The faction questline in each zone has prerequisites before you can get the next quest in the line, but the first quest in each zone is always available, so you can do them out of order.

It stinks that those are the options, of course. Someone put a lot of work into the quests, and I hate skipping them... The orrery under Elden Root is my favorite quest in the game, because of all the intimate side conversations you can overhead. But the other option is to spend all day logging in to move three feet to get kicked and log in again for another three feet... This is assuming you don't get permanently stuck and have to wait several days hoping someone reads your ticket.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • RogueShade
    RogueShade
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for new players doing these quests for the first time. I got stuck on a lowbie I'm playing just trying to do the skill point quests. The only thing I found that helps is to turn off EVERYTHING. Pets, mounts, subtitles, nameplates, healthbars, combat text, everything gets turned off, and WALK don't run. I still crashed going to the embassy due to the jerks that spam at the undaunted enclave but I got it down to 1 crash this way.
  • Symsyma
    Symsyma
    Soul Shriven
    I don't recommend this, as you still may get trapped.

Friday I had a DB quest which took me to the tree.

Instead of travelling directly to Elden Root wayshrine., I travelled to Elden Root Temple wayshrine then sneaked in slowly (I had a bounty already)

Once mission complete I walked out and took the same wayshrine out.

NOTE: I don't have the same luck with Orsinium when I first travel to Shatul wayshrine. What I did was risky I certainly wouldn't want to guarantee the method above. I haven't tried collecting a pledge this way.