Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: Update 11 Special #1"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
b5572f7347efec353c917e1ee489d119.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: Update 11 Special #1. Tune in Friday, June 24th for a brand new episode of our Twitch show, ESO Live, and a first look at Shadows of the Hist, the Style Parlor, and more content coming with Update 11!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally!
    Costume Dyeing system, just what I have been waiting for :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm very surprised costume dying is coming to the game for free. I suppose the cynical side of me expected reskins etc. with costumes.

I'll be tuning in cause I'm interested to see how they are going to pitch a 2 dungeon DLC... Seems like DLC's are getting smaller and smaller and smaller every time a new one comes out. Makes me think our next DLC is going to "We've added a new quest in Auridon and mount dying DLC!"
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm looking forward to hearing how the barbershop will work, I do hope you make some time to discuss some of the many issues that are currently troubling players in the game. Combat animation sticking, client lock-ups and crashes top my list. I'm sure many others would also like some more insight into the whole cheat engine debacle. I realize ESO Live is a vector for promoting upcoming content, and that I can appreciate. However let's not whitewash away the need to improve stability with the current release and carry that forward into all upcoming content updates.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoooo I'm in California (Pacific Time)............when will ESO live start for me us?
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhh figured it out its noon lol.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome, can't wait! :)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly won't miss! I really want to see what will be offered with the barber shop (please more hair colors, please please please...!).
    Edited by Abeille on June 24, 2016 4:05AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will my Redguard vampire finally be able to get rid of his silly purpleness with the style parlor? That is the question...

But I am very happy to be able to dye costumes and fix my characters' appearances at last :). Intrigued by what the new monster sets are going to be as well!
    Edited by ListerJMC on June 24, 2016 1:58PM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race change with racial passives balance, would be a great discussion to have during this ESO live. Also maybe some talk about the pvp side of the patch.
  • Silver_Eagle
    Silver_Eagle
    Soul Shriven
    I'm hoping it isn't just group dungeons added, but some soloable PvE too. Not sure my internet is good enough for dungeons or arenas.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    "first look at Shadows of the Hist". does it also means we will see a monster set associated with this dungeon?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit awaits the details of the costume dyeing with interest yes.

Long has this one wanted to have something in her signature red and green colours aside from her armour.

This one hopes also it might be possible for her to continue to wear her lucky level 14 hat with a costume also.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhh figured it out its noon lol.

Actually it's 1 PM.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to see the comments side-bar during ESO Live. It's going either be a bloodbath of angry players OR (more likely) filled with COMMENT DELETED.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst I am over the moon with the things listed for this DLC, one can't help but wonder..

Costume dying has always been spoken about as "Something we want to do, but a real technical challenge so we are looking into it." or some such language. Now it is coming and that is absolutely phenomenal, however, what about weapon dying? We are still stuck with these ugly bright red weapons that mean no matter how nicely I dye my armour I am lumbered with either bright red or bright bronze weapons which totally ruin the look of my armour.

If costume dying indeed was such a challenge, why is it coming before weapon dying? Is weapon dying coming in this DLC or is it even coming at all?

Anyway, love the look of this DLC so far and will tune in to ESO Live, just wondering why we get costume dying before weapon dying.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious about what crafting material levels will be on my level 50 scaled down in lower zones. Hopefully I can still get lower level mats.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to paint some polymorphs too ?
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bright pink skeletons? A man can dream. :smile:.
  • ThulsaDoomDC
    ThulsaDoomDC
    ✭✭✭
    What I want to see in update 11 is a fix for all the bugs more than some costume dye.
    XBOX NA - mDK CP 488
    Better Dead Than Red
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

Not that one but the cloth based ones
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope to hear more about everything going on . There's a lot going on btw .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on June 24, 2016 4:42PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to know when they are going to fix the female armors for broken motifs like Abah's Watch.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

We had bright pink and purple skeletons (edit: and grass, and trees, and mammoths, and...) back with Thieves Guild on 64-bit and demanded they fix them. We can't go back on that, now. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on June 24, 2016 4:54PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will be watching tonight, looking forward to this one :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I'll be tuning in cause I'm interested to see how they are going to pitch a 2 dungeon DLC... Seems like DLC's are getting smaller and smaller and smaller every time a new one comes out. Makes me think our next DLC is going to "We've added a new quest in Auridon and mount dying DLC!"

According to datamining they're working on bringing "back" Vvardenfell, which is obviously the whole island (or large parts of it), so probably as big as Orsinium (if not bigger). They can't pull that off within (average) 3 months, so the DLCs before are smaller to free up development time for the big chunk that might get all Morrowind fans into the game that don't own it yet.
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    What time does this eso live thing start?

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the time of me writing this in about 90 minutes. Just use the time shown to you as an indicator. :)
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    So that's 4pm est

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Misterbiax
    i know that not an urgency, but i'd like to see also weapon dyeing in the future, dunno why this feature hasn't been introduced yet...
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked many, many, many times but the chat was just going to fast I guess.

I just want to know if they ever plan on adding more hair colors, or allowing any race to have any hair color :c
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.