Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PS4 Highlight Items That Can Be Researched Please

PhxOldGamer68
PhxOldGamer68
✭✭✭✭
After collecting tons of gear, I look to see what can be researched. However, after leaving the Research screen, there's no easy way to remember if the item is researchable vs. being sold. Would be nice if the item is highlighted if it can be researched. Therefore, if it's not highlighted, I can sell it.

I like the new ability to lock an item that can be researched so that it's not deleted by accident. I've done that many times. A visual alert would be even more helpful. Not to mention another game, but when a weapon is upgradeable, the item is highlighted with a + sign.

Just a suggestion.
Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on June 16, 2016 4:59PM
PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
PC NA: KaktusKing
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After collecting tons of gear, I look to see what can be researched. However, after leaving the Research screen, there's no easy way to remember if the item is researchable vs. being sold. Would be nice if the item is highlighted if it can be researched. Therefore, if it's not highlighted, I can sell it.

I like the new ability to lock an item that can be researched so that it's not deleted by accident. I've done that many times. A visual alert would be even more helpful. Just a suggestion.

On console I assume? PC has addons for this.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few addons for the PC that help with Traited Items. But, on the console, it would be best to use the Lock Button to give you a visual indicator that the item is being saved for something.

Before I used Addons, I just made a spreadsheet to keep track of my Trait Research to know what I had done and what I had yet to do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC has addons for this.

I'd like to see some kind of indicator or toggle on the inventory to show items as/in inventory/bank.

Such as: Inventory/Bank/All

I decon while grinding as I'm sure most do. I also keep some research items in bank to cover trains. Currently I have to mouse over every piece of gear and look at a tiny little icon way up in the corner of the tool tip to see where it is every time I decon.

No Bueno!
    Edited by Hempyre on June 15, 2016 9:42PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

I like the new ability to lock an item that can be researched so that it's not deleted by accident. I've done that many times. A visual alert would be even more helpful. Not to mention another game, but when a weapon is upgradeable, the item is highlighted with a + sign.

Just a suggestion.

Yes definitely that would be awesome.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dred76 wrote: »
    PC has addons for this.

I'd like to see some kind of indicator or toggle on the inventory to show items as/in inventory/bank.

@Dred76

I thought this was part of the stock UI. It shows a small bag if its in character inventory, and a small bank icon if it's in the bank. I can see this in the window where I decon stuff and other places. I don't think it shows up everywhere though.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I'm on PS4. Would be nice to have add-ons for PS4. Unfortunately, it's a guessing game for us.
  • iaregeri
    iaregeri
    Soul Shriven
    I would really like there to be something in-game to show what traits you've already done too!
    At the minute i use the ESO Toolkit app on my phone - it has a trait management section where you can check which items you've researched so you can just look at your screen beside you. Then you don't have to keep going back out of the decon menu into the research one to check.
    Still isn't ideal but it's a bit handier.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tracked mine using good old pen and paper, created a spreadsheet and ticked them off as I learned them.
    Edited by disintegr8 on June 17, 2016 1:15AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO Toolkit app. I will try it.

Spreadsheet. Are you my brother? LOL he does that, too. Oh those project managers.
  • davidcombs7
    I did use eso toolkit and a spreadsheet. Both are good
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spreadsheet. Are you my brother? LOL he does that, too. Oh those project managers.

I sit in front of a computer all day and am into stats, facts and figures.... what can I say :)
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    I am using Circonians FilterIt which allows you to assign items for research and deconstruction (and thus prevents you from deconstructing items marked for research and vice versa). There was a short period where it hadn't been updated for DB, but some wonderful person revised it and it is now current.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Since you get tons of stuff I deconstruct everything. You can always put rare researchable items on a mule character.
    Researching takes huge amounts of time, especially when researching the last traits. So moving those items to a mule and put them in the bank when being able to research a new item doesn't take up a lot of your time.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    they could use the item tagging system from fallout 4 that puts a magnifying glass icon next to items that have materials you are looking for, this could be reworked for traits.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    While I was researching items on my crafter I kept a list. I put all items I still needed in an alt and crossed them off so I knew I could blow up the extras. VOS should certainly add an in game system so it isn't oldschool paper and pencil.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a chart I made so I can keep track of researched traits.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA